YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1324293 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#1241  March 18, 2014, 02:40:00 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

SNT

#1242  March 18, 2014, 03:34:42 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
He's not American, he's Lebanese Canadian.

GOH

#1243  March 18, 2014, 10:31:13 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

GOH

#1244  March 18, 2014, 08:36:16 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.avclub.com/article/michael-bay-heading-under-sea-202323

After journeying to the outer limits of space, giant robots, and Mark Wahlberg’s acting ability, Michael Bay will soon follow the lead of other blockbuster directors and little mermaids and head under the sea. The Hollywood Reporter says Paramount has picked up an untitled adventure pitch for Bay to produce and potentially direct, one where its plot details remain a mystery, possibly even until after it premieres. However, it is known that this thriller will be steeped in “real science”—though few who have seen Armageddon, which was based on the writings of Carl Sagan, would expect anything less from Michael Bay. And it’s also known that it will have an “undersea component,” as Bay journeys down to where each little clam here knows how to jam here. That’s why it’s hotter under the water. (Also because of the fireballs.)

UNDER THE SEAAAAA
#1245  March 18, 2014, 08:39:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
But I guess they did sort of do the whole "make fun fantastical things boring and 'realistic'" with their version of Mister Mxyzptlk, who was, naturally, a foreign exchange student from Eastern Europe who came to Clark Kent's high school to run an underground gambling ring and had Scarlet Witch's powers.
genius
#1246  March 18, 2014, 09:00:06 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1247  March 18, 2014, 09:07:34 pm
    • USA
Brad Bird better be involved with the latter. >:[
#1248  March 18, 2014, 09:09:05 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:17:37 pm by Lord Kain
#1249  March 18, 2014, 09:18:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yay, talking boats or something eventually.
Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:24:48 pm by The Mysterious Fubini

SNT

#1250  March 18, 2014, 09:33:09 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Fuckin aye Incredibles.
#1251  March 19, 2014, 03:41:32 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1252  March 19, 2014, 03:46:10 pm

GOH

#1253  March 21, 2014, 12:12:26 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.avclub.com/article/jem-and-holograms-being-adapted-truly-truly-truly--202452

Remakes really are truly contagious, as there’s now a Jem And The Holograms movie in development. While a gritty movie about a group of kick ass pop stars and/or secretive regular folk could be great, news of who’s actually developing the movie—Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun, Paranormal Activity producer Jason Blum, and GI Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu—should give fans pause. To the trio’s credit, Braun, Blum, and Chu have created an official Jem website and are seeking fan contributions toward making the live-action movie. Chu says that, “rather than asking for money,” the group’s asking for creativity, including help writing the songs, designing the costumes, and even casting the flick. In fact, aspiring Jem wannabes can even send audition tapes via the aforementioned website, something that will probably prove to be as annoying and fruitless as those endless American Idol audition specials. But, hey, Jem!

Titiln your dream remake is coming true
#1254  March 21, 2014, 12:14:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Bah, The Misfits' songs were better.

I bet I am the first internet person to make that joke
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1255  March 21, 2014, 02:25:53 am
    • USA
Well that creative team certainly bodes well for the project, if it goes any further.

This is not news, and indeed is probably kinda old, but what the fuck, Vibe is going to be a main character on the Flash show. VIBE. Motherfucking Vibe, the woefully misguided sketch of a character, the breakdancing Latino gangbanger who can emit vibrations. Why does DC keep pushing him? No one liked him when he was introduced! >:[

Sony is also getting into the original content production game by adapting the comic book Powers, which is about police officers in a world with super heroes, and the various complications that arise from that. Could be good!
#1256  March 21, 2014, 11:25:15 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
This is our first look at Camren Bicondova as a young Selina Kyle in the upcoming Gotham series
lol at the random buildings in the back making cat ears... or was that intentional
#1257  March 22, 2014, 03:45:08 pm
    • USA
#1258  March 22, 2014, 04:21:51 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It was up for debate that it wouldn't be?  I thought the U.S. was the only place it didn't meet expectations, the rest of the globe loved it.  And a lot of those who did see it here did as well.  Everyone I know did, anyways. :S

I'm still looking forward to when the "news" that Charlie Day will be a/the villain in the sequel shows up.
#1259  March 22, 2014, 04:24:16 pm
    • USA
I'm pretty sure I posted a story here that had the same information, only months in the past, but hey, at least this is sort of an update, kinda?
#1260  March 22, 2014, 05:17:37 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Columbia is allegedly working on putting together a dark, edgy, live action/CGI hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

Hollywood insider website The Tracking Board is reporting today that a big-budget Sonic the Hedgehog film is currently in production over at movie studio Columbia Pictures.

According to the site, the movie will be a “dark, edgy version skewed towards older audiences,” and will be a mixture of live-action and CG animation. (I’m picturing a project done in a similar fashion to films such as Garfield or Alvin and the Chipmunks, just obviously with a much different overall tone.) With how the Sonic series has evolved over time, and the introduction of far more human characters to the world, this isn’t as surprising a direction as it may originally seem.

However, it does bring up at least one interesting question instantly: will Doctor. Eggman be real or CG? If they do go the live-action route for him, then I can’t help but think back to a certain fan-created poster that imagined Danny DeVito in the role.

Sonic is no stranger to the world of entertainment, and this isn’t even the first official Sonic movie to be produced—of course, the other was a direct-to-video anime release developed by well-known Japanese animation house Studio Pierrot.

Because everyone knows when you mix Sonic with 'dark' and 'edgy' only good things ever come from it.