YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 250539 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#281  July 26, 2020, 09:49:52 am
    • Brazil
The roster has already been decided.
#282  July 26, 2020, 10:47:54 am
Bowsette in CVTW?! No way!  :stop:
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#283  July 26, 2020, 01:59:23 pm
Dang y’all still suggesting characters
#284  July 26, 2020, 04:18:38 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#285  July 26, 2020, 08:43:27 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#286  July 26, 2020, 09:05:48 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
He's pretty much standard Akuma with some moves put in and taken out. No Demon Flip. He's a combination of SF3/4/SFxT. I wanted to do some SFV-esque things but lack the know how on certain aspects. If I knew how to capture gameplay I'd let you guys see.
Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:10:44 pm by SlenderMan
#287  July 26, 2020, 09:57:50 pm
He's pretty much standard Akuma with some moves put in and taken out. No Demon Flip. He's a combination of SF3/4/SFxT. I wanted to do some SFV-esque things but lack the know how on certain aspects. If I knew how to capture gameplay I'd let you guys see.

Ah, alright. Sounds pretty cool. What kind of SFV-esque things do you want to add?
#288  July 26, 2020, 10:01:34 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I would've liked to add in his Shin mode from SFV as well as his fierce Tatsumaki and Shin mode shoryuken leading to the slam down. I just don't have sprites for it and I'd have to figure the coding out. I have a trailer for you to see below. I managed to find some screencap software. Note he doesn't have an official CvTW select portrait yet. Sean might give him one.

#289  July 26, 2020, 10:24:08 pm
I would've liked to add in his Shin mode from SFV as well as his fierce Tatsumaki and Shin mode shoryuken leading to the slam down. I just don't have sprites for it and I'd have to figure the coding out. I have a trailer for you to see below. I managed to find some screencap software. Note he doesn't have an official CvTW select portrait yet. Sean might give him one.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/FyFltn5O5ks[/youtube]

Ah, ok. Akuma looks pretty good.
#290  July 26, 2020, 10:50:37 pm
The ground Hadouken super helper has shadow that you should remove.
Isn't it possible for the Shun Goku Satsu to continue cover the bars like in the start? When it "attacks" the powerbars and the bars for the personal action appear.
#291  July 26, 2020, 11:03:17 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Wow, I Love Capcom vs the World full game

I hope you can add Vega, Juri, Bowsette and Hakan
https://www.deviantart.com/sabockee/art/SFV-cvs-Vega-848412621
https://www.deviantart.com/sabockee/art/SFV-cvs-Juri-Nostalgia-costume-780791620
https://www.deviantart.com/sabockee/art/cvs-Bowsette-834205973
https://www.deviantart.com/sabockee/art/SF4-cvs-Hakan-826145464

Hey, I've been letting this slide because this seems like more of a peer moderation thing and I trust Altly to put his foot down if really needed

But when people call you out for making requests where none are required and you take the wrong message and make an alt to continue doing it ChaosLumpy6, it now becomes larger board business

This is me banning your alt and giving you a warning to stay out of this thread or find your main account banned as well
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#292  July 26, 2020, 11:12:20 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Like I said. I'm not an experienced coder. I've wondered why it does that but it doesn't interfere with gameplay so I left it. I can see if I can figure it out though.
#293  July 27, 2020, 12:34:03 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Like I said. I'm not an experienced coder. I've wondered why it does that but it doesn't interfere with gameplay so I left it. I can see if I can figure it out though.

My best guess is that this is due to the UT Bars being coded into the characters themselves. You’d have to try and find a way to make them vanish during certain states, like toggling a variable of some kind.

While I’m talking, I’ve got some questions for Sean.

1) I don’t know how quick or easy this would be for you to implement, but is it possible at this stage to change the way basic combos chains work? Having played this game a fair amount, I’ve found that the > or > chains are rather restrictive, and don’t really suit a VS-Style game, as toned down as it is. I’ve been wondering if a more open system akin to MVCI or Darkstalkers, say > > > , would be more suitable. It would open up the combo system a bit, allowing for more creativity and making the game feel a bit more like a VS game in that regard.

I understand that this would also require major rebalancing of characters to pull off, including damage dampeners, health and damage values, etc. So I know this thought is pretty much just me pissing in the wind. However, I thought I’d at least throw it out there for consideration, in case the idea appealed to you in any way.

2) Any thoughts about updating the screenpack/UI? Or, considering that this is just completing the roster and not making any major balance changes to existing characters, is that not worth it? Because the title of “Super Capcom vs. The World” sounds pretty dope to my tired brain right now :P
#294  July 27, 2020, 02:00:36 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
As far as the Hadouken Super I fixed it. Was a matter of simply taking "Persistent = 0" out. Ok I'll see what I can do on the UT bar.
#295  July 27, 2020, 03:35:30 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Akuma looks pretty solid! That's a pretty great start I'm sure seeing the finished version is going to be awesome once he gets his portrait and any fixes he needs
#296  July 27, 2020, 06:38:12 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Fuck it, I'm adding every single character that ChaosLumpy6 suggested, every damn one, that's the plan now. I look forward to releasing Capcom vs The World 2020 in third quarter 2027, gonna be dope

@SlenderMan

Thanks for posting that video, I was going to do a preview for him but now I don't have to, haha. I really appreciate your help on the project my guy and if you wanna work on someone else, let me know!

@Steel Komodo

I had originally planned on having some of the smaller/faster characters do the longer DS chains, but I got a bit lazy and ran into issues with the Damage Dampener. Honestly, I'd rather change the DD I've been using completely, but I don't know to mess with it much, which I know is lame because I should know how to do shit like that by now, but every time I take a break I end up having to relearn things (AI for example, I did the AI for most of these characters but I in that 3-4 year break I took from Mugen I basically forgot how to do it completely). For a long time I've wanted to use that same dampener but figure out a way for it to reset when a character does a Super Move so that Supers become more viable as combo enders, because the dampener kills their damage by the time you get to one in a combo unless it's a projectile or some other move with set/absolute damage. I know that damage dampening can be controlled better by adding to code to every hitdef but my lazy ass honestly just wants something I can add into the state -2 or -3, lol.

I would like to update the screenpack and UI, but beyond doing some font or color swaps I don't really have a ton of time to mess with it. I would love if someone who is great with graphics and PS to help me with a new screenpack, if anyone wants to give me a hand, let me know. As of right now it's really just me and SlenderMan working on stuff (Buckus coded several characters in the past and I had other help with the screenpack before).

PROGRESS UPDATE

So I know I'm breaking my own rules as far as the roster being decided, but I'm giving serious thought to adding Edward Falcon from Power Stone. I downloaded Nexus Games' version and I think there is a lot in there that I can comfortably use. I've been distracted by it actually and have already sprited two new normals for him to replace some of the (no offense to whoever made them) awful normal anims he has. I've spent a day or two going in-depth in the sprites, and I think I can use most of his basic actions and gethits, a few of the existing normals, and all the special and super sprites. I would personally need to sprite about 6 new normal attacks, new crouch gethits, a taunt, an intro and a couple win poses. He's very easy to sprite in the style he's in and since most of his outfit is the same color, I think I could knock those out in a week or two, and I think the value of having Power Stone represented in the game would be worth it. What do you guys think? Here are some of the new animations I made

Jumping LP (two new sprites with some existing frames)

Jumping HK (this one uses some heavily edited frames from another attack)

Crouching HK (this one is completely new sprites)

ALSO, I know not everybody here likes my art style but here are some finished portraits!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:58:48 pm by Sean Altly
#297  July 27, 2020, 06:45:43 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hey man, if anything, Power Stone is a game that deserves more attention.
#298  July 27, 2020, 07:10:34 pm
    • Brazil
Sean, my darling, if you're gonna take a bad creator's bad character and turn it into a great character, then by all means, do it, that's why I insisted you to look at that B. Orchid, we needed a good one (you said you'd check it out by the way, and Edward is gonna need a The World character to balance the roster, wink wink). I never played Power Stone, but I can relate to people who want a beloved franchise seeing more attention, so I say go for it, only good can come out of this.
#299  July 27, 2020, 07:32:19 pm
    • Brazil
I say go for it. More Power Stone in anything is awesome in my book.
#300  July 27, 2020, 08:35:26 pm
2DForever made the sprites a very long time ago, sadly he's been offline for ages. Nexus Games made some sprites, but...

Anyway, they deserve a good coder and some new sprites, so I'm sure you'll do him justice. :D

Also the portraits look good, any chance they can be viewable fully without being cut on the top?
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:52:01 pm by AlexSin