YesNoOk

China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1 (Read 21666 times)

Started by GDPenguin, May 20, 2023, 10:18:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1
#21  June 02, 2023, 05:52:25 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Exactly, thank you DeathScythe.

Cool, got it.
A little tip the other way around if you wanna dive into 3D scale delta stuff. The cool thing about this is, if you align it correctly you only have to do half of the stage and then you can copy and flip all the values to the other side of the stage and it will fit. ;)

Absolutely true

Maybe it's me, but I think it's some language barrier going on.
You said you suck at math and just put "random" values , then Charles wanted to teach you how basic delta values works, but of course, I think you already know that, and I assume you were talking about calculating exact deltas with formulas and such.

Ahh. Maybe. Yeah I tried watching  beterhans's video on floors and stuff, but I didn't quite get it and got weird results when trying to use his formular.
So, I use visual cues, like if some pixels are going too offset of each other when moving around.

I use math and visual cues. In particular, with parallax I start with the floor. Much like you, I use kfm and watch how pixels move under his feet. Once it looks like he's "stuck" to pixel as it moves I know I've got it perfect. Then I use math to calculate anything moving on top of the floor. Then, visual cues to determine anything in the background behind the floor. Beterhans is a pretty good one to follow. I personally learned from Margatroid. He's the GOAT. Period.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1
#22  June 02, 2023, 05:56:37 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Exactly, thank you DeathScythe.

Cool, got it.
A little tip the other way around if you wanna dive into 3D scale delta stuff. The cool thing about this is, if you align it correctly you only have to do half of the stage and then you can copy and flip all the values to the other side of the stage and it will fit. ;)

Absolutely true

Maybe it's me, but I think it's some language barrier going on.
You said you suck at math and just put "random" values , then Charles wanted to teach you how basic delta values works, but of course, I think you already know that, and I assume you were talking about calculating exact deltas with formulas and such.

Ahh. Maybe. Yeah I tried watching  beterhans's video on floors and stuff, but I didn't quite get it and got weird results when trying to use his formular.
So, I use visual cues, like if some pixels are going too offset of each other when moving around.

I use math and visual cues. In particular, with parallax I start with the floor. Much like you, I use kfm and watch how pixels move under his feet. Once it looks like he's "stuck" to pixel as it moves I know I've got it perfect. Then I use math to calculate anything moving on top of the floor. Then, visual cues to determine anything in the background behind the floor. Beterhans is a pretty good one to follow. I personally learned from Margatroid. He's the GOAT. Period.

Margatroid is a BEAST.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original