YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2437041 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#681  March 03, 2009, 05:02:31 am
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
Thats lame. Why do they keep doing shit like that in anime these days?

:) It seems to me only "WHATEVER no Naku Koro ni" series do these things. IT IS BASED ON A RPG GAME, what you choose determines the progress. The aim of the game is to let everyone survive the storm, so only one good ending and all bad endings.

Why Higurashi does this is because of Furude Rika, actually. All of the arcs, or dimensions to be exact, is because of her.

As for Umineko, something similar maybe, some character wished that no one will die and then some god helped him/her travel through all the dimensions.

To my opinion the author is a genius, he doesn't put all the clues in one basket but he separated all the clues into the different arks. It also gives an imaginary relation to the murders.

Reminds me, can any Italian be nice enough to translate this first lines of the OP "Umineko no Naku Koro ni"? I want to know the meaning.

"Tieni in mente i Comandamenti
detti da colei che è imprevedibile
(è così spiacevole /
ciò che succede qui /
e per queste cose)
Ancora non sa chi sono...."

I am but a living fossil these days.
Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:08:22 am by Lucky Charat
#682  March 03, 2009, 05:19:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Higurashi was a game between godesses/witches, Umineko is something similar but explaining it in more detail would spoil what's know there, lets just say rika is about as important but now she has a small brother just like lambda delta has got a subordinate.

I want to look at Haruhi 2nd also.

Why, I am already watching haruhi 2, thank you.

For Higurashi no naku koro ni I've been updated to Kai ep.2

What do you mean ?

I've wanted to see Umineko(Seagulls, not Sea Cats) no naku koro ni. The OP is a masterpiece!

Yeah, been playing it, I am up with the translations.
#683  March 03, 2009, 07:27:20 pm
Well, if you like psychological gore [...] Elfen Lied
More like mindless shitty gore with retarded excuses
Yeah, I know what Umineko is about, I know the basic story and then some spoilers, it's just that I haven't gotten around to actually play it yet.
IT IS BASED ON A RPG GAME
The genre (lotsa text, BG images and some portraits, choices to get various events) is called visual novel actually, not RPG. You don't grow stats and customize your character.
Thats lame.
Your face is lame. The story is good and the way it's told works alright. The point isn't that people don't die when they are killed, it's getting the solution of the enigma.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:43:06 pm by Byakko
#684  March 03, 2009, 07:36:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am surprised that you got trolled by tengu, he can't even do qcfs.

As far as when they cry goes, only the console versions are interactive, the pc ones have you picking the route right when they start (but you can unlock new routes if you don't want to follow the specific order).
#685  March 04, 2009, 12:10:39 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
I can do qcf's.

I just think it's silly with some series constantly rebooting the story when characters die to showcase multiple endings. Just stick with one canon good ending, jeez. Nobody likes bad ends.
#686  March 04, 2009, 12:17:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I will give you the benefit of doubt and assume you re not trolling. Wait, I wont'.

Spoiler: just kidding (click to see content)

#687  March 04, 2009, 12:51:47 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
Whats Tsu-n mean?
#688  March 04, 2009, 01:08:45 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
AFAIk, Just a sound effect that means that the phrase was said in a tsundere tone, like rika's nipa.

on other news, no news of the new ranma ova yet, next season might have some new entertaining anime and sadly, it seems like the tomoyo after continuation will be a movie rather than odas.
#689  March 04, 2009, 01:20:31 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
And whats Tsundere again?
#690  March 04, 2009, 01:27:52 am
    • Malaysia
It means I've watch Higurashi till Kai episode 2. I haven't watched the rest yet.

Tsundere is a person who acts hard and tough on the outside but in actuality the person is shy and soft or a person that is kind to people but talks like as though the person doesn't want to help at all.

Or so I think it is, it's hard to explain.

I know the woman in the middle there is Beatrice. The other two looks like Miyo and Rika... wait... I get it now.

Thanks for your facts, Byakko. I long thought RPG's are about playing one character to get different endings.

Elfen Lied is far gorier that the other two, but yeah, mindless gore.

I believe Umineko will be another good European-themed anime other than Le Chevalier Deon(haven't seen it before)

Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:35:07 am by Lucky Charat
#691  March 04, 2009, 01:39:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Umineko does not feel european themed, or at least not more than let's say utena.
#692  March 04, 2009, 01:41:22 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
I want a Gunsmith Cats TV series. Or better yet, Battle Angel Alita.
#693  March 04, 2009, 01:53:11 am
I just think it's silly with some series constantly rebooting the story when characters die to showcase multiple endings. Just stick with one canon good ending, jeez. Nobody likes bad ends.
It's not showcasing multiple endings, it's not bad ends. It's a single timeline, in Higurashi, Rika is really going back in time to try and find the culprit, "solve the puzzle" and find a way to escape her fate. So the characters try doing different things, and as a result, very different things happen. Once you figure out everything, you win. It's not just a series of "what if" that start at the same point and just go their own way, all "reboots" are part of the same continuity, everything actually happens. And with one continuity, there's really only one canon route - it's everything one after the other, not one replacing the other.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:56:59 am by Byakko
#694  March 04, 2009, 02:13:39 am
    • Malaysia
You've got that right Byakko.

May I know what utena means? At least the characters have English names with Japanese surnames and they don't look Japanese(drawn Japanese anime-style anyway)

#695  March 04, 2009, 02:24:41 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
That doesn't make any sense. Rika kills herself. So how does she go back if she's already dead?

Ya know. Fuck Higurashi. I can't understand a god fucking damn thing about this series or what makes it so popular.

Japan can't make decent anime anymore.

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna read some Eyeshield 21, something that is way more awesome than a bunch of loli's massacring each other.
#696  March 04, 2009, 02:35:20 am
    • Malaysia
Rika kills herself because she failed so that she can go into another dimension and start all over again, with Hanyuu's help.

Higurashi is popular because it is a combination of bloody gore with moe-based people. A bit like Happy Tree Friends except it is not mindless at all.

As for Eyeshield, I've watched to the part where Japan Dream Team vs. America-5-Stars. Tight enough fight. I just don't get why Eyeshield isn't popular here, I'm not a fan of it also, just for leisure I'm looking at it.

#697  March 04, 2009, 02:52:04 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I want a Gunsmith Cats TV series. Or better yet, Battle Angel Alita.

There is the gunnm move series by james cameron...scheduled for 2007.

You've got that right Byakko.

May I know what utena means? At least the characters have English names with Japanese surnames and they don't look Japanese(drawn Japanese anime-style anyway)
Utena is the shoujo anime that took sailor moon's spot once it ended, it was very heavy on yuri content and is somehow similar to higurashi in the time flow.

That doesn't make any sense. Rika kills herself. So how does she go back if she's already dead?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#698  March 04, 2009, 02:54:51 am
Do you actually try to pay some fucking attention and read more about what the fuck you're talking about instead of behaving like a fucking moron and immediately declaring it doesn't wok just because you don't get it for the sole reason you don't pay attention in the first place ? The answer is in the anime & games, play them / watch them and shut the fuck up. All of this is a spoiler, we're telling you the end here, this is what you're supposed to find out after watching the damn thing.
Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:57:53 am by Byakko
#699  March 04, 2009, 02:59:13 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
I just don't get why Eyeshield isn't popular here, I'm not a fan of it also, just for leisure I'm looking at it.

Because Viz is horrible at marketing anything that isn't Naruto/Bleach/DragonBall Z/Death Note related. Didn't they have Eyeshield 21 on Toonami Jetstorm for awhile? Whatever happened with that? >_>

There is the gunnm move series by james cameron...scheduled for 2007.

I heard it was gonna be released in like 2012 or something. I been waiting for that movie for like forever. :(

Do you actually try to pay some fucking attention and read more about what the fuck you're talking about instead of behaving like a fucking moron and immediately declaring it doesn't wok just because you don't get it for the sole reason you don't pay attention in the first place ? The answer is in the anime & games, play them / watch them and shut the fuck up. All of this is a spoiler, we're telling you the end here, this is what you're supposed to find out after watching the damn thing.

I'm not watching anymore Higurashi, it's a stupid fucking anime, and I am not playing no visual novel games. I'm not a fucking weeabo like you Byakko, not STFU and go fap to Haruhi in your basement.
#700  March 04, 2009, 03:02:16 am
Then don't talk about it - don't speak about something you don't know anything about.
Yes, in other words, this means : shut up forever and never talk again.