clearing the air
#1  February 06, 2022, 03:42:33 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Re: clearing the air
#2  February 09, 2022, 04:09:55 pm
  • SNK is life
As someone who has been for as long as you have, and has watched your development from afar, I'll just do this in the spirit of honesty, and to save people a 1 hour video (Which can easily be played at 1.75x speed and still be completely understandable)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's clear to me that you didn't fit in because you didn't come into these forums thinking what you could do for the community, you wanted to know what the community could do for you, whether it was praise, or escape from your personal life, or expecting people to teach you, your objective was never trying to fit in, and thus you didn't fit in.

Congrats on your other successful Youtube channel, maybe that was your true calling, or being a tournament player and attending events. Being part of THIS Mugen community sure wasn't meant to be, maybe you fit well in another Mugen forum and that's ok.
Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:02:52 pm by walt
#3  February 10, 2022, 04:32:11 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
When you make a character for MUGEN after enjoying so much what other creators made that you bothered to learn to code, rip sprites, understand image editing and particle effects and so and so, I hope you are making it as a way to give something back to enthusiasts of this hobby and set your ego/personal issues aside.

When I see my collection of characters from my favourite creators and the one I made in the roster, being so consistent, I can't help to feel pride and kinship with other creators, even after all these years. I hope you can find that sublime satisfaction, even if it is elsewhere.
#4  February 11, 2022, 01:37:03 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm going to base this off of walt's summary because I'm not going to watch an hour long video.

With that said, his statement is very accurate after looking back especially if his video summary is right.

I recall you were given plenty of feedback and barely any of it was ever addressed. You shouldn't have expected people to hold your hand during the whole process since that would just mean them doing your work for you and you wouldn't learn a thing in the process.

Tbh, back in the day there was an elitist mentality that took some time to die down, but at the same time, if you were to do the same thing nowadays, you would just be repeating history. People looking for their opportunity to e fame in Mugen often do very poorly in the long run.
#5  February 12, 2022, 05:39:32 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
As someone who has been for as long as you have, and has watched your development from afar, I'll just do this in the spirit of honesty, and to save people a 1 hour video (Which can easily be played at 1.75x speed and still be completely understandable)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's clear to me that you didn't fit in because you didn't come into these forums thinking what you could do for the community, you wanted to know what the community could do for you, whether it was praise, or escape from your personal life, or expecting people to teach you, your objective was never trying to fit in, and thus you didn't fit in.

Congrats on your other successful Youtube channel, maybe that was your true calling, or being a tournament player and attending events. Being part of THIS Mugen community sure wasn't meant to be, maybe you fit well in another Mugen forum and that's ok.

all are entitled to the views they fell are just. God speed.
#6  February 12, 2022, 05:44:27 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
I'm going to base this off of walt's summary because I'm not going to watch an hour long video.

With that said, his statement is very accurate after looking back especially if his video summary is right.

I recall you were given plenty of feedback and barely any of it was ever addressed. You shouldn't have expected people to hold your hand during the whole process since that would just mean them doing your work for you and you wouldn't learn a thing in the process.

Tbh, back in the day there was an elitist mentality that took some time to die down, but at the same time, if you were to do the same thing nowadays, you would just be repeating history. People looking for their opportunity to e fame in Mugen often do very poorly in the long run.

I think you specifically should have watched the video. you might have understood some things clearer. i meantion you but not in a negative way.
"Tbh, back in the day there was an elitist mentality that took some time to die down" 

accurate on many levels. In the spiritt of moving on I hope the community continues to move foward.

Good luck to everyone
#7  February 13, 2022, 02:15:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
If it would have been 10 minutes or maybe even 15, I might have taken the time to set aside some of it to watch, but an hour? Hell no. I honestly would have preferred a large wall of text.

You've been gone a long time, there aren't that many of the "old guard" around or as active. Most who are active came after you left and honestly the only legacy you've left is your Gouken and that one time you brought your SF3 Mugen to a con. Trust me, you are not mentioned as much as you think you are.

If you want to start again, that's fine. Just try and remember what happened last time, so you don't make the same mistake.
#8  February 13, 2022, 09:15:52 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
starting again is no longer in the cards. and MG is only one forum, now that the air is cleared I hope the misunderstandings were addressed. some of what was mentioned i have to look passed. No matter what a mark was made. Hope to see some resurgance for the community but like anything good things come to an end.
#9  February 15, 2022, 09:38:08 pm
  • SNK is life
Hope to see some resurgance for the community but like anything good things come to an end.
I have this weird concern that as Gaming continues to get crazier crossovers like Smash Ultimate, PSASBR, Multiversus, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, KOF All Star, and even Fortnite ... MUGEN's purpose of having our craziest dreams come true is becoming somewhat redundant.

Also PC gaming is very affordable, and low res 2D fighters have created small niche communities that actually play the games now that they're getting rollback netcode updates. Also, Fightcade. Feels like it's more like time to play than time to make. It's a good time to be a gamer.