Overwatch thread (Read 557535 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#501  February 02, 2017, 02:26:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Looks like the Mei glitch got fixed:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It actually looks better imo, but I still have to get this costume... I think yesterday I got a duplicate of Roadhog's skin, I like the coins and all (almost with 8k atm) but still I need'em :T

Honestly, his Sentry Mode is more Tank Killer based while Recon is more based on Soldier 76. It's a fair trade off so hopefully they keep their promise on making Sentry Mode not so damn ridiculous in terms of trying to fight it from far away. And the healing change is better since it means Bastion cannot always keep healing himself either.

Eh I guess... to me another thing holding him back is simply how huge he is, he only has 300 health with some armor so recon mode, but since he will be able to heal himself while getting shot then I guess it will help him out a bit along with reduced incoming damage in turret form.

The change isn't too bad at all. She's thick as she should be but still not obviously fat so again people losing their minds over nothing(just like Tracer's pose change)

And yeah, I understand that Bastion is still pretty slow but to be fair he's gaining a bigger clip, his spread has decreased and he already does damage close to Soldier's in recon mode so it's actually fair for Bastion to be slow in that mode especially if he still has Armor for the overhaul.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#502  February 03, 2017, 01:28:45 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Has anyone noticed an increase of Pharahs in ranked? Really feels like people should take the "Soldier focus Pharah" logic less seriously because there are really good Pharah players that can overcome such counters...

In other news I got Mercy's skin today, seems like I've been having better luck with epic skins than legendaries as of late (last one was a duplicate of Roadhog's).

The change isn't too bad at all. She's thick as she should be but still not obviously fat so again people losing their minds over nothing(just like Tracer's pose change)

And yeah, I understand that Bastion is still pretty slow but to be fair he's gaining a bigger clip, his spread has decreased and he already does damage close to Soldier's in recon mode so it's actually fair for Bastion to be slow in that mode especially if he still has Armor for the overhaul.

I guess yeah, hopefully the redesign will actually change things for the better for him. With Blizzard's nerfs to Road and D.Va it's clear they want to minimize the tank meta while also buffing characters that are suited to counter them (like Sombra, hacking is especially effective against tanks as they rely on abilities more so than other characters).
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#503  February 03, 2017, 03:41:04 am
  • The Goddess Returns
That's why we call such things "soft counters" than hard counters(like Zarya having Soldier as a counter is more of a Hard counter due to his increased damage which can melt her pretty quick or soft counter in the case of Pharah vs. Soldier and McCree who can counter her on theory, same with Winston or Mei vs. Tracer or Genji)

And I'm seriously hoping we get the end of the Tank Meta, doesn't help Tanks are just too good in this game.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#504  February 06, 2017, 08:06:38 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Like, I want the tank meta gone too, but I want these Genji mains who get these perfect headshots while smashing right click and space whenever I play support to also go the heck away.
#505  February 08, 2017, 12:46:27 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
New PTR patch notes up

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
New Feature: Server Browser

Starting today, every player can create their own, unique Overwatch experience and share it with their friends, their teammates, or the entire world. Introducing the Server Browser.

An extension of Overwatch's Custom Game mode, the Server Browser allows you to adjust the settings on various maps, modes, and heroes, creating your own tailor-made server. If, for example, you want to increase Pharah’s missile speed or remove the cooldown from McCree's Combat Roll, the power is yours. Once you're happy with your settings and you're ready to launch your game, you'll need to set up the permissions. You can limit the number of people who can join your game by toggling the "Friends Only" or "Invite Only" options, but if you want to put your strange creation to the real test, set your server to "Public" and click the launch button.

The Server Browser is currently being tested, so we'll be making changes throughout the PTR. Thank you for helping us test the feature, and we're excited to see what you make of it.

New Mode: Capture the Flag

Capture the Rooster has been, without a doubt, Overwatch’s most popular brawl. We don’t want that excitement to end, so we’re bringing Capture the Flag to the Arcade as an ongoing game mode. Starting today, we’re adding Capture-the-Flag versions of Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios, and Oasis, which gives you 12 maps to try when creating a Custom Game.

HERO UPDATES

Ana

New Hero Option: Nano Boost Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Nano Boost’s targeting sensitivity

Bastion

Configuration: Sentry
Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
No longer deals critical damage
Configuration: Recon
Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
Self-Repair
Can now be used while moving
Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
No longer interrupted by taking damage
A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
Configuration: Tank
No longer grants bonus armor
Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion's power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.

D.Va

Defense Matrix
Projectiles (like Roadhog’s Chain Hook or Tracer’s Pulse Bomb) no longer need to travel a minimum distance before they can be blocked
Developer Comments: Previously, there was a minimum distance a projectile had to travel before it could be destroyed by Defense Matrix. This made it nearly worthless in situations where an enemy was right next to your teammate, such as when Roadhog hooks your ally. This change removes that restriction so Defense Matrix should now reliably destroy projectiles regardless of how far they have traveled.

Mei

Cryo-Freeze
Mei can now be targeted by allies while in Cryo-Freeze

Mercy

Resurrect
While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
Caduceus Staff
Zenyatta can no longer be targeted when Transcendence is active
New Hero Option: Guardian Angel Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Guardian Angel’s targeting sensitivity
New Hero Option: Beam Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust targeting sensitivity on Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beams
Developer Comments: Mercy’s Resurrect has always been very powerful, but it often forces her to sacrifice herself to use it well. There have been changes in the past that attempted to help her in this area, but haven’t done enough to solve it. This change means that once she uses the ability, she will always survive long enough to be with her team again.

Sombra

New Hero Option: Hack Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust the targeting sensitivity on Sombra’s Hack ability

Torbjörn

Rivet Gun
Ammo is now loaded earlier in the reload animation
Developer Comments: Like Symmetra, the damage from Torbjörn’s turrets was also reduced by 30 percent in July. After monitoring his effectiveness, we’ve decided to give his turret a small boost, restoring about 15 percent of the damage. By contrast, the damage from Torbjörn’s turret on PC is still 14.

Widowmaker

New Hero Option: Grappling Hook Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Grappling Hook’s targeting sensitivity

Zarya

New Hero Option: Projected Barrier Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Projected Barrier’s targeting sensitivity

Zenyatta

New Hero Option: Harmony Orb Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Harmony Orb’s targeting sensitivity
New Hero Option: Discord Orb Sensitivity
Allows players to adjust Discord Orb’s targeting sensitivity

MAP BALANCE CHANGES
Eichenwalde
A second gate no longer closes after the payload passes through the castle doors. Instead, rubble from the damaged doorway partially blocks the entrance.
Developer Comments: Once the offensive team gets through the castle entrance, the map becomes very heavily stacked in the defense’s favor. This change will give the offense more entrance options, which should improve the map’s overall balance.

BUG FIXES
General

Fixed an issue preventing key bindings on the communication wheel from displaying properly
Fixed a bug causing some key bindings to revert to default after the first round of a Control map
Fixed a bug that allowed commendation cards to be recalculated and transferred to a new player after the previous recipient left at the end of a round
Fixed a bug that caused the “experience gained” audio effects to continue playing, even after the players left the game lobby
Environmental damage to barriers no longer counts toward the "Damage Blocked" statistic

Competitive Play

Fixed a bug preventing “60 seconds remaining” and “30 seconds remaining” voice lines from playing during the second round of a match

Heroes

Fixed a bug preventing Lucio’s “Sound Barriers Provided” statistic from being properly calculated
Fixed a bug preventing Reinhardt’s shield from displaying cracks at low health with the Wujing skin equipped
Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog to turn freely while pulling a hooked target
Fixed an issue that allowed Sombra’s Translocator to become stuck in the air
Fixed a bug preventing Tracer’s ”Clock’s Tickin’’ spray from matching the thumbnail in the Hero Gallery

Maps

Torbjörn can now construct turrets on the stairs in Oasis
Fixed an issue that caused Highlight Intros to clip into the roof of a building on Lijang Tower

Yay Mercy buffs, Server Browser and Permanent Capture the flag are cool to.
#506  February 08, 2017, 01:24:58 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I've got my own sort of game mode sorted out, I'll post it once I see how much we can edit heroes in custom games, as some things may not be possible to add that I have planned.

I hope I can do what I have planned, I feel people will love it.
#507  February 08, 2017, 02:07:30 am
Those Bastion changes are interesting, hopefully he won't die in two seconds whenever he goes into Sentry form now. It's also nice that they gave D.Va something after those ludicrous nerfs, hopefully I can save teammates from being one shot by hooks. I'm still hoping for them to do something about her crit box though, as of now it feels as if Roadhog counters her as hard if not worse than Zarya.

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#508  February 08, 2017, 06:39:53 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Those Bastion changes are interesting, hopefully he won't die in two seconds whenever he goes into Sentry form now. It's also nice that they gave D.Va something after those ludicrous nerfs, hopefully I can save teammates from being one shot by hooks. I'm still hoping for them to do something about her crit box though, as of now it feels as if Roadhog counters her as hard if not worse than Zarya.

GL on Roadhog getting anything that even remotely touches a nerf...
Even D.Va's buff against him isn't a buff since it means he'll just target D.Va now who he completely shits on as is.

Bastion's buff means he can atleast function as a Tank Buster or Soldier 76 with armor.

#509  February 08, 2017, 03:05:26 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Been hearing that Blizzard put up a few hints about Doomfist in the PTR. Seems about the right tine for them anyway.
#510  February 10, 2017, 07:51:27 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

This is honestly hilarious, yet sad at the same time...
Why does Ana break everything?

#511  February 11, 2017, 12:27:41 am
Looks like another PTR has gone live, more Roadhog changes and a Winston buff:

Roadhog:

Scrap Gun: Spread decreased by 20%

Chain Hook: Targets are now pulled to a location 3.5 meters away, up from 2 meters and Cooldown increased from 6 to 8

Winston Critical hit volume reduced by 15%

The Roadhog changes overall reduce the power of his hook a bit, but his gun is now more effective when not using the hook.

Winston's head hit volume was just abnormally big, making him take more damage than he otherwise should. This change brings it more in line with other heroes

Such odd changes to Roadhog, I honestly don't know how I feel as a Roadhog player... Winston change is good, but damnit if you're gonna do it for him do it for D.Va too :T
#512  February 17, 2017, 08:18:17 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#513  February 22, 2017, 12:46:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
Spoiler: Take with a grain of salt (click to see content)

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20580087

I was thinking that they meant was that Doomfist wasn't going to be voiced by Terry Crews but it looks like the next hero really won't be Doomfist.
#514  February 22, 2017, 01:24:10 am
    • USA
Little Girl has 3 dots above and 3 dots below her eye coincidence?

this same eye logo showed up in Sombra's connections graph at the end of her video as well.
#515  February 22, 2017, 02:07:16 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

Second gold weapon, will be farming for a third during season 4 instead of just using the rewards to get the remainder.
#516  February 24, 2017, 07:11:33 pm
    • USA
#517  February 28, 2017, 08:11:54 pm
So the patch went live, the new custom mode is included along with the character changes I assume (I know for a fact that Roadhog's changes have arrived).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Second gold weapon, will be farming for a third during season 4 instead of just using the rewards to get the remainder.

I envy you, I got to diamond and couldn't get enough CPs for another golden weapon... I want Zarya's gold weapon so bad :<
#518  March 01, 2017, 12:04:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
Oh wow, I thought public custom games would remain PC only but here they are available on Console too.
#519  March 01, 2017, 12:07:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Oh wow, I thought public custom games would remain PC only but here they are available on Console too.

Finally, a real reason to play Overwatch now...gotten real tired of the same old crap and especially the same old 50/50 matchmaking.

#520  March 02, 2017, 07:10:22 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So how's everyone enjoying Bastion meta?
My opinion on it can be summarized into Remove Ironclad