YesNoOk

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (a.k.a. Sony Smash Bros) (Read 133516 times)

Started by Santtu, November 01, 2011, 11:44:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (a.k.a. Sony Smash Bros)
#941  October 13, 2012, 08:02:19 pm
  • You PC bro?
Well, this is the first of the maybe "PASBR series", so I honestly didn't expect the game to be very character roster heavy. Maybe if this does really well, it'll turn into a series with more characters, stages, etc... I heard this game was pretty good from a few friends, so we'll see.
#942  October 15, 2012, 08:28:31 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Access Begins Tuesday for PS3, PS Vita
We hope you’ve been keeping track of all the recent updates on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale news, from an in-depth update on the PS Vita version to our behind-the-scenes look at mashing up different worlds, we’ve shown you what this game is shaping up to be…and we think it’s high time you try it out for yourselves!

Today, we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus members on PS3 tomorrow, October 16th and expand to everyone October 23rd through PlayStation Store! What’s more, as a special treat, PS Vita users will be able dive right into the multiplayer beta starting tomorrow – no Plus subscription required. The Beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

So what will be in this limited Beta?
You’ll be able to play as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, PaRappa, and Fat Princess.
    You’ll be able to play in both the Metropolis and Hades stages.
    You’ll be able to try out four-player online tournaments and 2 v 2 online tournaments. For the 2 v 2 games we’ll be supporting friend invites, so you and a friend can fight another team online.
This, of course, is only a tiny fraction of what PlayStation All-Stars has to offer, but we thought you’d love the chance to try it early and see what all the buzz is about. Be sure to hop on quickly as we’ll be ending the Beta on October 30th!

But that’s not all. As you know, we have a pre-order program running right now that unlocks a set of exclusive costumes in the game. Today we’re happy to unveil the rest of the costumes you’ll be getting with your pre-order of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Unlocked with your pre-order at participating retailers, these costumes will work for both the PS3 and PS Vita when it releases on November 20th, so be sure to reserve your copy today. And don’t forget: PlayStation All-Stars features Cross-Buy support, so if you purchase the PS3 version, you’ll get a downloadable PS Vita version for no extra cost.

With Beta access beginning tomorrow, we look forward to getting your feedback on the game and seeing what you think of this highly anticipated title. Spread the word and we’ll see you online!
#943  October 15, 2012, 08:39:57 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
私はこのゲームが良いことを願う

cause it looks pretty neat. :)
#944  October 15, 2012, 09:21:31 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Deimos costume Kratos, huh? looks very nice
Chilling
#945  October 15, 2012, 10:41:26 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Jak 1 Jak & Daxter, and Going Commando Ratchet & Clank?  Me likey.

Bit of a strange choice making Kessler be the alt for Good Cole.  I'd have thought it be more appropriate for the evil flavor.
#946  October 16, 2012, 06:55:57 pm
  • Cause Rick Loves M.U.G.E.N
Damn looks like i forgot to post these while i was at NYCC last weekend.

Rick-Kun: Pilot of Hamosu
#947  October 16, 2012, 09:31:13 pm
    • USA
Dante gets a Vergil color scheme minus hair color and man does the sound seem lackluster in this game
Raiden vs Sweet Tooth vs Spike vs Dante

Toro vs Cole vs Fortesque vs Drake (Franzea)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0vRDJXhkU

Sly Cooper vs Kratos vs Nariko vs Colonel Radec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIJDAG4X5I

Big Daddy vs Radec vs Heihachi vs Fortesque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQX8nTsyPY

All the original 6 got trailers:

Radec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=4ZNSM3FsLTM#!

Fat Princess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NUF1GEvWD1U

Parappa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t_VScWBNgvQ

Sweet Tooth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Fj0KCitnaek

Sly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wrMDAHBJm7c

Kratos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gfc7bx32Sfc
#948  October 17, 2012, 09:37:35 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
Anybody get their hands on the beta yet? This game is REALLY fun. I usually keep away from betas, I honestly can't stop playing. Fuck, there goes my wallet...
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#949  October 17, 2012, 09:42:23 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
lol i dont mess with betas
#950  October 17, 2012, 09:45:52 pm
^Why not? I mean, they are glitchy messes and all, but hey, their also free.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

#951  October 17, 2012, 09:48:36 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
so i can get the beta free on psn?
#952  October 17, 2012, 09:48:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#953  October 17, 2012, 09:49:47 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
well I didnt see it on the ps store. I guess I will look again today.
#954  October 17, 2012, 09:50:54 pm
  • Always in control, I patrol my hood.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/mugenfan556
Anybody get their hands on the beta yet? This game is REALLY fun. I usually keep away from betas, I honestly can't stop playing. Fuck, there goes my wallet...
Yep, I got the beta.
It's way better than I expected it to be. The netcode's a bit iffy (matches randomly drop at times), but more than likely that'll be ironed out when this gets released.

BTW, gonna main the hell out of Parappa when this gets released. He and Sweet Tooth are making this game for me so far.

Spoiler: PSN (click to see content)
[/center]
#955  October 17, 2012, 09:53:01 pm
    • USA
So does the sound still seem like it's lacking in the Beta where's it's almost only the sound effects while the music is low and voices seem to be rare like the video?
#956  October 17, 2012, 10:04:55 pm
  • Always in control, I patrol my hood.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/mugenfan556
From what I've played, the sound is pretty even. The sound effects are loud enough so you can hear them, but they don't overpower the music at all. The voices are pretty well rounded too. You hear them whenever the characters do the intros and win/lose poses, supers, pick up items, and respawn from a kill. I'm pretty sure there are death cries too, but those are actually pretty quiet in comparison to the rest of the voices.

Spoiler: PSN (click to see content)
[/center]
#957  October 17, 2012, 10:11:31 pm
    • USA
I got the beta, but I could only get a handful of matches in before I had to leave for a few days.  I haven't played all of the characters yet, but Sweet Tooth is looking like he's gonna be my guy so far.  Fat Princess feels like it's going to take some work to use her effectively.  Her specials come out slow and move slower.  Her game is probably going to rely heavily on predicting where your enemy is going to be.  Parappa has good combos, but his range is crazy short.  If you don't know how to block and dodge like a pro you're going to get rocked by characters like Kratos.
#958  October 17, 2012, 11:07:45 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
I should get my hands on the beta.
#959  October 17, 2012, 11:46:50 pm
Yeah Sweettooth seems like the most accessible character so far, right next to Kratos.  Kratos is pretty much like the Ryu of PSASBR, EVERYONE uses him. Colonel Radec is pretty nifty, but he's not really useful in close combat, so I found myself spamming the sniper rifle, then running away. I SUCK as sly cooper and Fat Princess. Parappa just feels TOO close combat heavy. Not a whole lot he can do effectively if he's not in front of them.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

#960  October 18, 2012, 12:50:55 am
    • USA
^  He's got a handful of moves that are good for getting in close, but like I said, someone with a lot of reach like Kratos pretty much shuts him down completely.

Side note about Fat Princess:  Is there anything - anything at all - that Tara Strong DOESN'T provide voice acting for?  Being prolific is one thing, but that woman is starting to become straight-up omnipresent.