YesNoOk

Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/24/2019 (Read 14464 times)

Started by laspacho, February 28, 2019, 07:02:44 pm
Share this topic:
Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/24/2019
#1  February 28, 2019, 07:02:44 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/laspacho
    • www.infinitymugenteam.com
On behalf of Myself, The Robot Master Mayhem Team, and Infinity, I'm proud to Present The Third Release of Megaman Robot Master Mayhem.
This project has been developed over the last Eleven Years.  This is the second release from the Robot Master Mayhem Team.
The on screen starting roster consists of 22 fighters.  Take control of your favorite Megaman characters to stop the Evil Dr. Wily from conquering the Earth.

This update includes:
• New playable character - Enker (with his stage)
• New playable character - Metalman
• Major updates to ALL CHARACTERS
• Updates to the Screen Pack
• Music volume normalize

A special thanks goes out to everyone involved with this huge update.
Thank you to everyone out there that followed our progress over the course of the project to this point.
Thanks for your continued interest and support, it's what drives us to create new and fun content.

Download Link for Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/24/2019
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=47283.msg552360#msg552360
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/Rmm2.5.zip

If you are going to report any bugs please report them from a un modified version of the game so it will be easier for us to fix.
If you'd like to help the project by spriting, coding, or fixing any bugs I'd be happy to work with you.
The quicker we can identify and fix bugs the quicker I can upload a new Official Version of Megaman Robot Master Mayhem for everyone to enjoy.
Re: Megaman Robot Master Mayhem - Full Game Release V2.5
#2  February 28, 2019, 07:22:13 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I hope you guys like it. I personally took care of updating ALL the characters in the game (20+), fixing and improving what was possible (there is still room for more) and programming two new characters.

It was a huge process and I hope you guys like the result.
And thanks Kamekaze for the great feeback.
#3  February 28, 2019, 08:05:15 pm
Protoman's LP Proto-strike doesn't knock the opponent upwards like the other strengths.
Roll's HK sends the opponent flying uncontrollably into the sky and they get stuck just going up there.
Protoman's buster shot colliding with Roll's Lovely Attack causes some weird constant explosion on the heart projectile slowing it down until it passes by. Don't know if it's caused by other projectiles making contact with the Heart or if it's just Protoman's buster shot making contact with a multi-hit projectile.
Breakman Sonata doesn't land all the hits when it's used on an opponent in mid-air(might be worth testing with other supers that cause a little cutscene beatdown like his).
Also it activates before the opponent regains control from the superpause.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:09:55 pm by Memes never die/Manby
#4  February 28, 2019, 09:39:45 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
1 Protoman's LP Proto-strike doesn't knock the opponent upwards like the other strengths.
2 Roll's HK sends the opponent flying uncontrollably into the sky and they get stuck just going up there.
3 Protoman's buster shot colliding with Roll's Lovely Attack causes some weird constant explosion on the heart projectile slowing it down until it passes by. Don't know if it's caused by other projectiles making contact with the Heart or if it's just Protoman's buster shot making contact with a multi-hit projectile.
4 Breakman Sonata doesn't land all the hits when it's used on an opponent in mid-air(might be worth testing with other supers that cause a little cutscene beatdown like his).
5 Also it activates before the opponent regains control from the superpause.

1- Fixed
2- Fixed
3- It's normal - both are multiple hit moves
4 and 5 - Breakman sonata needs to be recoded, so I´ve disabled it for a while

Laspacho will update the dowload link soon.
Thanks
#5  February 28, 2019, 09:46:55 pm
    • USA
Going to try this out soon. If you are involved with it, has to be great. Congrats on finishing this by the way, don’t see many full games make it. Thanks for the hard work, everyone involved.
#6  February 28, 2019, 10:02:33 pm
Cancelled Heat-Man's "Launch in air" into his Spit fireball as he was going up hitting the opponent and now he's standing in mid-air.
Air-man's wind beatdown super can't be blocked right up close. Might have to do with super-pauses so I wonder if any other supers have this issue.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:08:44 pm by Memes never die/Manby
#7  February 28, 2019, 10:33:29 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA
Thank you for the feed back. 
The download link has been updated with what O Ilusionista just mentioned.
#8  March 01, 2019, 01:59:43 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I tested Burst Man and he's still not fixed with these two other issues I found last year:

-Napalm Bomb explodes too early (It's good that it no longer gets stuck but now it explodes when it touches the wall behind Burst Man, making the MK and HK attacks useless as it will never hit the opponent. The WK is only useful one as it's slow enough not to touch the wall).
-Water Shield is unblockable when the opponent is standing or crouching (Forgot if that was addressed earlier that it's supposed to be).

Did O Ilusionista forgot these? I posted a comment thought that everything was fixed, but edited it to add these two issues after extensive testing. Because of how Napalm Bomb works, it's pretty much useless if it keeps exploding when it touches the wall behind Burst Man. Will test the others soon.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#9  March 01, 2019, 02:02:52 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
But the napalm bomb doesn't explode when it touches the back wall - it's time based. So it's not really a bug.
#10  March 01, 2019, 02:21:47 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Love this, thanks a lot guys! :D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#11  March 01, 2019, 02:48:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
But the napalm bomb doesn't explode when it touches the back wall - it's time based. So it's not really a bug.
For some reason every time I used the bomb, it will always explode when it makes contact to the back wall regardless of time. Back when I reported feedback, it used to get stuck so it can't get out if you move forward. Now it just explodes automatically. Because of this, it can never hit the opponent and you have to use the light version of the move so it slow enough to not touch the wall behind Burst Man.

Edit: I can't post a video, but here's an image for proof:

No matter how many times I used Napalm Bomb nor if I move fast enough to Training, it will always explode as long as it touches the wall behind him. I'm pretty sure it is a bug. It's supposed to bounce back and forth on each side, then explode after a few seconds, not automatically which destroys the purpose of the move.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:26:06 am by SolidZone 26
#12  March 01, 2019, 12:39:46 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
@SolidZone 26 I've double checked and you are right on this.
That move uses JinKazama code and the original has a bug on it, which I solved making it to explod if past the back screen edge.
I've changed it to bounce back into the screen.

Thanks for the feedback. If you have anything more, please share with me.
I will listen to every feedback. But I can forget somethings because I have a memory issue.
Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:50:27 pm by O Ilusionista
#13  March 01, 2019, 04:41:35 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Here is a video trailer preview
#14  March 02, 2019, 07:57:37 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA

Megaman Robot Master Mayhem V2.5 will get one Final Bug fix release on 3/8/2019.
This will be the Final update to this version of the game unless something game breaking is found.

Thank you to everyone that has submitted Bug Reports.
#15  March 02, 2019, 10:58:05 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
I've been testing a bit, and one glaring thing that I've noticed is that a lot of characters don't have overheads. Fireman, Enker, Cutman and Skullman's air attacks do not hit overhead, when all air attacks should be hitting overhead. There are characters with overheads, like Woodman though. I'm not sure just how many characters are lacking overheads and how many have them.

Would it break the game if I put Training by Stupa in it? That way, I can check frame data and stuff.

Edit: I made a chart for the characters with overheads and without overheads. The majority seems to be without.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:15:14 pm by BrawlTheMan
#16  March 03, 2019, 12:39:35 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Really thanks for your report.
About the frame data, I don't think its needed because, honestly, I never cared for that stuff.

About the overhead, you mean the air attacks should hit crouched enemies overhead?
#17  March 03, 2019, 01:35:28 am
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
Really thanks for your report.
About the frame data, I don't think its needed because, honestly, I never cared for that stuff.

About the overhead, you mean the air attacks should hit crouched enemies overhead?

Yeah, air attacks should beat crouching blocks, the same was crouching kicks beat standing blocks.

And you should care about frame data. It's a helpful thing that lets you know if an attack is too safe or not safe enough.
#18  March 03, 2019, 02:05:35 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Yeah, air attacks should beat crouching blocks, the same was crouching kicks beat standing blocks
Ah yeah, its makes total sense. I will be looking at it.

And you should care about frame data. It's a helpful thing that lets you know if an attack is too safe or not safe enough.
I know. I won't be taking of this for this release though, maybe for the next release (3.0).

If its not too much time consuming and you wanna make this report, go ahead please.
#19  March 03, 2019, 09:22:08 am
    • Mexico
It's been millennia since I last logged in, but after downloading the game and playing around a bit, I just needed to bring this up:
Snake Man's Snake Hunter hyper never really lands its projectiles before the opponent hits the ground. It only works with Guts Man.
Also, Skull Man's Machine Gunner hyper does way too much cheap damage, and actually gives Skull Man meter.
I'll see if I can look into some more stuff later.
#20  March 03, 2019, 02:16:58 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
It's been millennia since I last logged in, but after downloading the game and playing around a bit, I just needed to bring this up:
Snake Man's Snake Hunter hyper never really lands its projectiles before the opponent hits the ground. It only works with Guts Man.
Also, Skull Man's Machine Gunner hyper does way too much cheap damage, and actually gives Skull Man meter.
I'll see if I can look into some more stuff later.

Thanks for your feedback. Skull Man machine gun is intended to be a lvl 3 hyper, but maybe we can lower the guard damage.