YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919511 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#221  December 06, 2014, 04:59:27 pm
I hope they change the overall style of the character's images to be significantly different from SF4, like how KoF98 sprites look hugely different from XIII sprites. These character models just look as if they took the SF4 ones and updated it slightly. They might as well name it Uber Ultra Super Street Fighter IV Gameplay Revamp Version if it looks the same.
SF Zero 2 to 3, Cvs1 to 2, want to have a word with you.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#222  December 06, 2014, 05:15:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Brianna Wu of Gawker wants to remind you all that you are women haters.

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/540879983678595072
Street Fighter V Video: Inadvertent message? Men play SF, do karate, strive for excellence. Women are just cosplayers

If your impulse is to get obnoxiously pedantic about exactly how many women are in this video, you're being an asshole and missing the point
#223  December 06, 2014, 06:34:13 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
How can women FG players be represented more when they're a dime and a dozen in the first place? I don't know any other female FG players besides Kayane.
#224  December 06, 2014, 06:34:32 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I hope they change the overall style of the character's images to be significantly different from SF4, like how KoF98 sprites look hugely different from XIII sprites. These character models just look as if they took the SF4 ones and updated it slightly. They might as well name it Uber Ultra Super Street Fighter IV Gameplay Revamp Version if it looks the same.
SF Zero 2 to 3, Cvs1 to 2, want to have a word with you.
Those are games within their own smaller series though. SFI, II, III, and IV all look completely different from each other, guessing people expect more differences from V to IV but considering how early it is I don't think it's really time to start complaining about that yet, but that's just me.
#225  December 06, 2014, 06:40:05 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
How can women FG players be represented more when they're a dime and a dozen in the first place? I don't know any other female FG players besides Kayane.

Sherry, Chocoblanca, Burnyourbra to name a few.  There's a lot of them, just you don't hear about them as much.
#226  December 06, 2014, 06:46:49 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I remember there was Chari, a Blanka grandmaster who also played one hell of a Vice in CVS2.

Haven't heard of her in ages, though.
#227  December 06, 2014, 06:55:43 pm
    • USA
Does Kayo still play?  If so she definitely counts.  And this is just counting SF.
#228  December 06, 2014, 07:02:13 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#229  December 06, 2014, 07:35:20 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Those are games within their own smaller series though. SFI, II, III, and IV all look completely different from each other, guessing people expect more differences from V to IV but considering how early it is I don't think it's really time to start complaining about that yet, but that's just me.

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. I'm still excited to see what they make of this.
#230  December 06, 2014, 07:42:02 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Does Kayo still play?  If so she definitely counts.  And this is just counting SF.

Can't tell if joking or serious.

As nice as it is to see Capcom finally moving on from IV, I can't say I'm hyped. I've pretty much decided that Capcom fighters are not my cup of tea.
#231  December 06, 2014, 07:42:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#232  December 06, 2014, 07:48:52 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Was actually gonna mention her but was afraid to go off-topic because she's mostly a model/TV person.

Genuinely wondering if she still plays SF because it's been a while since we've seen her at any even actually competing.
#233  December 06, 2014, 07:50:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#234  December 06, 2014, 07:55:35 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Looks like USFIV is coming on PS4 this spring. Just announced from the PlayStation experience.
Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:20:11 pm by videoman
#235  December 06, 2014, 07:55:59 pm
    • USA
#236  December 06, 2014, 08:03:42 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
what, its getting released next year? thats faster than expected
#237  December 06, 2014, 08:04:47 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
He's talking about USFIV, not SFV or SSFIV.
#238  December 06, 2014, 08:08:52 pm
Wow you're a fucking scumbag aren't you.
Actually I really don't think a feminist would nod if you said "this transsexual plays fighting games, see, women are represented".
Try asking one.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#239  December 06, 2014, 08:10:02 pm
    • USA
Are you shitting me?  Trans people being in the FGC (of which by the way there are MANY) only makes us have more diversity...
#240  December 06, 2014, 08:16:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
twitch.tv/playstation

sfv reveals i guess, ono on stage right now