YesNoOk

Gouken updated (01/04/2022) (Read 23815 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, March 25, 2022, 06:56:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gouken released
#21  March 26, 2022, 06:01:26 pm
If you skip the intro, the sound clip still plays.
To prevent that, you should add a StopSND in State -2 or -3 with the trigger1 = RoundState != [0,1].

The charge sound effect for the Hadoukens remains if Gouken gets hit.

The LVL3 Shin Shoryuken can be ground-recovered.
Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 06:10:17 pm by AlexSin
#22  March 26, 2022, 06:34:18 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Another thing I noticed: The alternate version of his Shin Shoryuken (the one without the full animation) is just a single hit attack that does very little damage. Maybe that was intentional, but it wasn't like that in SF4 and feels pretty underwhelming considering it's still a level 3 super.

Oh, and no focus attack? Even without its original game mechanic (and command, obviously), it could still be a nice special similar to Ryu's donkey kick.
#23  March 26, 2022, 07:22:48 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
He's pretty fun. I didn't really fire SF4 for comparisons so I'm going from memory and feel on some things here. Gouken was the only char I mained in SF4, not that I played it very long.

- I think you should destroyself the angled Hadouken if it leaves the top of the screen, so he can fire another one
- Too much startup on his overhead
- Too little startup on far hard kick
- Far light kick doesn't look like it should be rapid fire. Close could be, though
- Fireball Clsn2's look mismatched with the sprites
- On that note, the fireballs seem to linger for a few frames after being hit by other fireballs
- He can dive kick from a back jump
- Back throw should have more startup. It's how they balanced its uniqueness in SF4. I think the tech window was longer than normal too
- I think missed throw attempts should have more recovery. I'm guilty of that too but at least I can blame SFA3
- Normal fireballs seem very small spritewise
- Kung Fu Man can crouch under Hadouken
- EX Hadouken doesn't have the charging sound. On that not why not use Gouken's own? I think he had one at least
- Tatsumaki spin sounds don't sound good. All versions. On a related note I don't know why people removed the shared channel in the "whiff" sounds
- Neutral hop attacks should use the animation for angled jump attacks
- Demon flip vels feel weird. Admittedly that may just be me. The throw follow-up definitely looks different, though
- His regular and MAX supers are all very samey
- Both MAX supers should have a bit more invulnerable frames
- I miss his Shin Shoryuken hit sounds
- EX Hadouken charge effect is smaller than the regular version
- I think back throw should not have selectable direction. Doesn't feel right and it's confusing. I think P2 goes too high as  well
- I think full Denjin Hadouken would feel better if the wall bounce had the typical velocities
- Denjin Hadouken (no charge) has too much startup. No need because it's not an ultra anymore
- I think you should pack more damage in the first hit of Shoryuken so that cancelling it into Tatsumaki does more total damage
- Related to the above, but MAX Shinkuu Tatsumaki needs to juggle better. He has no usable "Dream" cancels otherwise
- Not your fault but close hard kick custom combo looks comical, hehe. Like Chun-Li's Hyakuretsu
- Senkugoshoha looks weird because he only punches after losing all momentum
- Shin Shoryuken should be unblockable after the freeze
- I don't like that you made angled jumping MP juggle in tight combos but not in the combos where it's supposed to

Hope it helps.

Holy moly! I was about to download the character but, maybe later when all this gets fixed.
#24  March 27, 2022, 11:07:02 pm
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
I wonder what'll the difference be of this version vs. Varo Hade's version.
#25  March 27, 2022, 11:47:00 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
This version is much better coded than Varo_Hades and has updated Gouken sprites.
#26  March 28, 2022, 04:34:43 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
This version is much better coded than Varo_Hades and has updated Gouken sprites.

still think comparing authors is disrespectful man.  you're better than that

Just now realized the context, apologies.
Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 03:23:27 pm by Ness
#27  March 28, 2022, 10:01:47 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I wonder what'll the difference be of this version vs. Varo Hade's version.

Charma has his own taste in fx and graphics things. He is very creative. Varo_hades is conventionally good tho. But charma likes to give a personal creative touch to his characters. (I love his AI coding too)
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#28  March 28, 2022, 12:39:13 pm
    • Turkey
do you have any plans to add OMEGA mode from sf4?
#29  March 28, 2022, 06:43:22 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
One more observation: I've previously mentioned that the horizontal fireballs don't get the dark swirl when they are fully charged. Well, turns out that, after you do (or even just attempt) his K throw, the dark swirl will be added to the horizontal fireball, but only to the EX version, and only if you don't do certain other attacks before that. Also, that dark swirl looks like it was meant for the diagonal fireballs.

Also (and this is purely a tiny cosmetic thing), I think it would make sense for the charged fireballs to lose their dark swirls (if possible) whenever they keep flying after the first hit.
#30  March 30, 2022, 10:37:38 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Ohh Shit!! :yuno:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#31  March 31, 2022, 12:21:42 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Now this is something to be hyped for, directly to my compilation, thanks buddy.
#32  March 31, 2022, 05:47:17 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
wow, impressive work!
He even beaten Nightwing. What a nice fight!
#33  March 31, 2022, 07:11:42 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Gouken looks really good with this sff,  now we need  a Warusaki version of him.
#34  March 31, 2022, 08:13:43 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Ken Vs. Gouken :lugoi:

Ryu Vs. Gouken :buttrox:

This Gouken is AMAZING!! Thanks, KarmaCharmeleon :hyo:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Re: Gouken updated (01/04/2022)
#35  April 01, 2022, 10:39:52 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
The only feedback I have is that he seems to have no voice clip upon (regular) K.O.
- He has no KO sound, as the sound is group 11 index 1, instead of 11, 0, and there is no code to activate it.
Fixed. Thanks for feedback Diek Stiekem :)
- Sakotsu Wari is listed as F + b, while I think you meant F + y.
- Tenmakujinkyaku is listed as DF + k, but I can do it with just D, and only with MK, not all kicks.
- In the Move Details section, Tatsumaki Gorasen is listed as being both upper body invincible and fully invincible, I think you meant EX Tatsumaki Gorasen is fully invincible.
Fixed.
- The AI will often charge Gohadouken when in a good distance from the opponent, and will not fire it until is too late, resulting in spamming projectiles being a cheap and easy way to win against him: https://streamable.com/gjvka7
Fixed.

- I think you should destroyself the angled Hadouken if it leaves the top of the screen, so he can fire another one
Fixed.
Off the top of my head, both Gouken's and Ryu's overheads in SF4 are 17f. In CvS2, Ryu's overhead is 28f in Normal Speed, which should translate to about 21f in Turbo (the default and competitive setting of the game). Gouken's overhead matches that startup.
I agree, his far heavy kick is now 2f slower.
- Far light kick doesn't look like it should be rapid fire. Close could be, though
Far Light Kick does rapid fire in USF4
https://streamable.com/aommj4
Close Light Kick doesn't.
Fixed
- On that note, the fireballs seem to linger for a few frames after being hit by other fireballs
It might be because it causes more hitstun than a regular Hadoken. 2f to be precise. If it's more than 2f please let me know because I might not be reproducing the bug correctly.
Fixed.
- Back throw should have more startup. It's how they balanced its uniqueness in SF4. I think the tech window was longer than normal too
Agree, now its 2f slower and the tech window is 3 frames higher than the other.
- I think missed throw attempts should have more recovery. I'm guilty of that too but at least I can blame SFA3
This is an oversight on my part, no throw should have just 8 frames of recovery. Fixed, it's 12f of recovery now. You will probably think its still too fast, but this a design choice I made to account for the system having wayyy too many defensive mechanics and not much to help you out to break defense (like guard crush).
Its the same size as Shakunetsu which is similarly sized to regular Hadoken.
His fireballs now hit Iori which has the the shortest crouching hurtbox in CvS2.
- EX Hadouken doesn't have the charging sound. On that not why not use Gouken's own? I think he had one at least
Fixed and changed to Gouken's.
- Tatsumaki spin sounds don't sound good. All versions. On a related note I don't know why people removed the shared channel in the "whiff" sounds
I can tell you why. When you use accurate animation and sound data for Tatsu, the gap between sounds is short enough for this to happen with shared channels:
https://streamable.com/s7stjd
We thought about it with Jmorphman but we didn't settle on this yet. Since the hops were made like CvS2, we kept the same rules as in that game. But I wouldn't be certain of this being final.
- Demon flip vels feel weird. Admittedly that may just be me. The throw follow-up definitely looks different, though
Demon flip movement comes directly from Gouki's demon flip in CvS2. The throw follow-up does looks weird but its hard to work with without doing actual Misogi.
I'm okay with that.
Kinjite Shoryuken just has startup invincibility because Shin Shoryuken is meant to be one with longer invincibility.
The USF4 ones?
Fixed.
- I think back throw should not have selectable direction. Doesn't feel right and it's confusing. I think P2 goes too high as  well
I agree with the direction thing, adjusted to that. Height is kept tho.
- I think full Denjin Hadouken would feel better if the wall bounce had the typical velocities
- Denjin Hadouken (no charge) has too much startup. No need because it's not an ultra anymore
Yeah, I agree. It didn't work visually either. Buffed the fuck out of Denjin Hadoken in this patch.
- I think you should pack more damage in the first hit of Shoryuken so that cancelling it into Tatsumaki does more total damage
Hmmm, I'd have to buff the damage of the entire move because I want to keep the air hits at 14 each (the equivalent to 200 damage on CvS2)
- Related to the above, but MAX Shinkuu Tatsumaki needs to juggle better. He has no usable "Dream" cancels otherwise
Yeah, it was source accurate up until now, but I'm definitely improving its juggles. It won't mean Gouken has usable MAX cancels tho, as the dampener makes it so its never worth doing Kinjite->Shinku Tatsumaki over Denjin or ShinSho (and I'm ok with that, I want for Gouken's lv.3s to be the money makers).
I tweaked the movement on this one a bit.
Fixed.
- I don't like that you made angled jumping MP juggle in tight combos but not in the combos where it's supposed to
Addressed on Discord already but it's working as it should:
https://streamable.com/b0l6au

Thanks for the feedback! :) Having the input from a Gouken main is really helpful. USF4 is a poorly documented game because of its brief competitive life. Most of the stuff online is about SSF4AE Gouken, which still holds up but it doesn't paint the full picture. I had to learn him with my sparring partner almost from scratch, and as much as I lab there's stuff that can only be felt by someone who mains the character.

- Various hitboxes like those of the high Hadoukens and EX Tatsumaki Gorasen are too thin and whiff on certain characters if their hurtboxes are too small.
Heavy Gohadoken is meant to whiff against almost all standing opponents, it's clearly an anti-air. Medium Gohadoken should whiff against crouching opponents and short characters too. EX Tatsu Goraen I'm not sure why would it give any issues over regular one, as it has the same hitboxes.
Against which characters does this happen?
- The Fully Charged Diagonal Hadoukens lack some transparency.
Fixed.
- The EX Flash Sound cuts off for EX Hyakkishu's followups.
Fixed.
- Hyakki Gosai doesn't do real damage (only 7 per hit).
Fixed.
- EX Kongoshin could do with a tad more damage.
It does the same damage in source.
- Why not give Shinkuu Tatsumaki a voice clip? He does already have a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku voice at the ready.
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback, Rowen!

- The wind effect on his fully charged hadoken is so subtle that I can't notice, however the upwards versions lacks transparency.
Other than that people already pointed some other things that I noticed.
Fixed.
+ I just noticed a wrong color In his stance animation, it's between his belt and top gi, it's noticeable with his alternate palettes.
There's a bunch of black dots across the entire set. Maybe in the future Ben or someone else will fix that.

Thanks for the feedback, Lurker!

-I don't like the idea of having a 2nd hitbox near his legs on his standing, crouching and get hits as certain moves can hit certain places where it shouldn't.
Gouken is meant to be chunkier and vulnerable to crossups, that's by design.
-His taunt doesn't have a landing effect and envshake when he stomps the ground like Senkugoshoha.
Added. Still unsure about the EnvShake tho, it may prove to be a bit too disruptive. I may removed it in the future.
-Raikotokyaku uses a normal ground shockwave instead of a strong one when he slams the opponent to the ground and has a strong punch hit sound when there was no hitspark.
As weird as it is sometimes, this is by design. Check out Jman's Kyo kick throw, its sounds and visuals are the same. Its because we're doing it the way CvS2 layers sounds, which works better with CvS sounds than CFJ sounds.
-The projectile hit sound will still play one tick after if it was parried.
This is unavoidable according to Jmorphman.
-The swing sound on Hyakki Gojin cuts off when he touches the ground.
Fixed.
-Kongoshin doesn't have a voice clip when countering.
Fixed.
-The EX sound on EX Kongoshin cuts off when he successfully counters an attack.
Fixed.
-On EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, he moves so fast when you press forward, but so slow when press backwards (The speed should be even for both directions).
This is actually intended, check this out:
https://streamable.com/036wkp
1st is neutral, 2nd is pressing back, 3rd is pressing forwards.
-If you managed to get the back leg of EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku to connect, a hit sound will be heard, but no hitspark or guard spark will appear.
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback, ZolidSone! You always get stuff that otherwise wouldn't come up.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've played Gouken in SF4, but the damage of his demon flip grab doesn't seem right, as it barely does any.
Fixed.
His crouching MK barely has any reach at all. I know it wasn't great in SF4, either, but it seems kind of exaggerated here.
This is intended. Both of his crouching mediums are awful pokes, but its compensated by him having really good range on crouching light kick and a savage sweep.
He's also missing a few sprites, or rather, he sometimes transforms into Ryu. This can be seen when he's thrown by another Gouken's P throw.
Fixed.
His fully charged LP hadoken also doesn't have the darker swirl around it. This is also true for the horizontal EX hadoken.
Fixed.
Edit: He could also need some adjustments to his width during some of his attacks (like his close MK or close HK): https://streamable.com/f0mxdq
Fixed.
Another thing I noticed: The alternate version of his Shin Shoryuken (the one without the full animation) is just a single hit attack that does very little damage. Maybe that was intentional, but it wasn't like that in SF4 and feels pretty underwhelming considering it's still a level 3 super.
This is actually because the move is functionally inspired by CvS2 Shin Shoryuken (and visually inspired by SF3 Shin Shoryuken). But I made the changes anyway, it felt underwhelming upon whiffing indeed.
Oh, and no focus attack? Even without its original game mechanic (and command, obviously), it could still be a nice special similar to Ryu's donkey kick.
FADC was actually planned! EX Donkey Kick was part of the original moveset and specials moves would have been cancelable into it. But his corner juggles were getting wayyy too out of hand, so I had to cut it. I do have plans to bring it back for Shin Gouken in the future, though :P

Thanks for the feedback!

To prevent that, you should add a StopSND in State -2 or -3 with the trigger1 = RoundState != [0,1].
Fixed.
Fixed.
Fixed.

Thanks you so much for the feedback, Alex!

Thanks to everyone for the support and the kind words :smitten:

Gouken was updated.
The only feedback I have is that he seems to have no voice clip upon (regular) K.O.
- He has no KO sound, as the sound is group 11 index 1, instead of 11, 0, and there is no code to activate it.
Fixed. Thanks for feedback Diek Stiekem :)
- Sakotsu Wari is listed as F + b, while I think you meant F + y.
- Tenmakujinkyaku is listed as DF + k, but I can do it with just D, and only with MK, not all kicks.
- In the Move Details section, Tatsumaki Gorasen is listed as being both upper body invincible and fully invincible, I think you meant EX Tatsumaki Gorasen is fully invincible.
Fixed.
- The AI will often charge Gohadouken when in a good distance from the opponent, and will not fire it until is too late, resulting in spamming projectiles being a cheap and easy way to win against him: https://streamable.com/gjvka7
Fixed.

Fixed.
Off the top of my head, both Gouken's and Ryu's overheads in SF4 are 17f. In CvS2, Ryu's overhead is 28f in Normal Speed, which should translate to about 21f in Turbo (the default and competitive setting of the game). Gouken's overhead matches that startup.
I agree, his far heavy kick is now 2f slower.
Fixed
It might be because it causes more hitstun than a regular Hadoken. 2f to be precise. If it's more than 2f please let me know because I might not be reproducing the bug correctly.
Fixed.
Agree, now its 2f slower and the tech window is 3 frames higher than the other.
This is an oversight on my part, no throw should have just 8 frames of recovery. Fixed, it's 12f of recovery now. You will probably think its still too fast, but this a design choice I made to account for the system having wayyy too many defensive mechanics and not much to help you out to break defense (like guard crush).
His fireballs now hit Iori which has the the shortest crouching hurtbox in CvS2.
Fixed and changed to Gouken's.
I can tell you why. When you use accurate animation and sound data for Tatsu, the gap between sounds is short enough for this to happen with shared channels:
https://streamable.com/s7stjd
We thought about it with Jmorphman but we didn't settle on this yet. Since the hops were made like CvS2, we kept the same rules as in that game. But I wouldn't be certain of this being final.
Demon flip movement comes directly from Gouki's demon flip in CvS2. The throw follow-up does looks weird but its hard to work with without doing actual Misogi.
I'm okay with that.
Kinjite Shoryuken just has startup invincibility because Shin Shoryuken is meant to be one with longer invincibility.
The USF4 ones?
Fixed.
I agree with the direction thing, adjusted to that. Height is kept tho.
Yeah, I agree. It didn't work visually either. Buffed the fuck out of Denjin Hadoken in this patch.
Hmmm, I'd have to buff the damage of the entire move because I want to keep the air hits at 14 each (the equivalent to 200 damage on CvS2)
Yeah, it was source accurate up until now, but I'm definitely improving its juggles. It won't mean Gouken has usable MAX cancels tho, as the dampener makes it so its never worth doing Kinjite->Shinku Tatsumaki over Denjin or ShinSho (and I'm ok with that, I want for Gouken's lv.3s to be the money makers).
I tweaked the movement on this one a bit.
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Having the input from a Gouken main is really helpful. USF4 is a poorly documented game because of its brief competitive life. Most of the stuff online is about SSF4AE Gouken, which still holds up but it doesn't paint the full picture. I had to learn him with my sparring partner almost from scratch, and as much as I lab there's stuff that can only be felt by someone who mains the character.

- Various hitboxes like those of the high Hadoukens and EX Tatsumaki Gorasen are too thin and whiff on certain characters if their hurtboxes are too small.
Heavy Gohadoken is meant to whiff against almost all standing opponents, it's clearly an anti-air. Medium Gohadoken should whiff against crouching opponents and short characters too. EX Tatsu Goraen I'm not sure why would it give any issues over regular one, as it has the same hitboxes.
Against which characters does this happen?
- The Fully Charged Diagonal Hadoukens lack some transparency.
Fixed.
- The EX Flash Sound cuts off for EX Hyakkishu's followups.
Fixed.
- Hyakki Gosai doesn't do real damage (only 7 per hit).
Fixed.
- EX Kongoshin could do with a tad more damage.
It does the same damage in source.
- Why not give Shinkuu Tatsumaki a voice clip? He does already have a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku voice at the ready.
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback, Rowen!

- The wind effect on his fully charged hadoken is so subtle that I can't notice, however the upwards versions lacks transparency.
Other than that people already pointed some other things that I noticed.
Fixed.
+ I just noticed a wrong color In his stance animation, it's between his belt and top gi, it's noticeable with his alternate palettes.
There's a bunch of black dots across the entire set. Maybe in the future Ben or someone else will fix that.

Thanks for the feedback, Lurker!

-I don't like the idea of having a 2nd hitbox near his legs on his standing, crouching and get hits as certain moves can hit certain places where it shouldn't.
Gouken is meant to be chunkier and vulnerable to crossups, that's by design.
-His taunt doesn't have a landing effect and envshake when he stomps the ground like Senkugoshoha.
Added. Still unsure about the EnvShake tho, it may prove to be a bit too disruptive. I may removed it in the future.
-Raikotokyaku uses a normal ground shockwave instead of a strong one when he slams the opponent to the ground and has a strong punch hit sound when there was no hitspark.
As weird as it is sometimes, this is by design. Check out Jman's Kyo kick throw, its sounds and visuals are the same. Its because we're doing it the way CvS2 layers sounds, which works better with CvS sounds than CFJ sounds.
-The projectile hit sound will still play one tick after if it was parried.
This is unavoidable according to Jmorphman.
-The swing sound on Hyakki Gojin cuts off when he touches the ground.
Fixed.
-Kongoshin doesn't have a voice clip when countering.
Fixed.
-The EX sound on EX Kongoshin cuts off when he successfully counters an attack.
Fixed.
-On EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, he moves so fast when you press forward, but so slow when press backwards (The speed should be even for both directions).
This is actually intended, check this out:
https://streamable.com/036wkp
1st is neutral, 2nd is pressing back, 3rd is pressing forwards.
-If you managed to get the back leg of EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku to connect, a hit sound will be heard, but no hitspark or guard spark will appear.
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback, ZolidSone! You always get stuff that otherwise wouldn't come up.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've played Gouken in SF4, but the damage of his demon flip grab doesn't seem right, as it barely does any.
Fixed.
His crouching MK barely has any reach at all. I know it wasn't great in SF4, either, but it seems kind of exaggerated here.
This is intended. Both of his crouching mediums are awful pokes, but its compensated by him having really good range on crouching light kick and a savage sweep.
He's also missing a few sprites, or rather, he sometimes transforms into Ryu. This can be seen when he's thrown by another Gouken's P throw.
Fixed.
His fully charged LP hadoken also doesn't have the darker swirl around it. This is also true for the horizontal EX hadoken.
Fixed.
Edit: He could also need some adjustments to his width during some of his attacks (like his close MK or close HK): https://streamable.com/f0mxdq
Fixed.
This is actually because the move is functionally inspired by CvS2 Shin Shoryuken (and visually inspired by SF3 Shin Shoryuken). But I made the changes anyway, it felt underwhelming upon whiffing indeed.
FADC was actually planned! EX Donkey Kick was part of the original moveset and specials moves would have been cancelable into it. But his corner juggles were getting wayyy too out of hand, so I had to cut it. I do have plans to bring it back for Shin Gouken in the future, though :P

Thanks for the feedback!

Fixed.
Fixed.
Fixed.

Thanks you so much for the feedback, Alex!

Thanks to everyone for the support and the kind words and videos :smitten:

Gouken was updated.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
#36  April 01, 2022, 10:59:13 pm
    • USA
#37  April 01, 2022, 11:02:04 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Man, this update are just having huge changes to him. Good work.
#38  April 01, 2022, 11:14:25 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Thanks to everyone for the support and the kind words and videos

No problem Karma.

- Fixed a bug where he wouldn't play the K.O. voice sample upon being knocked out.

For some reason, when I defeat Gouken, his KO voice still doesn't play.

Preview:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgC2KKrniC8[/youtube]
(on the video, yes, I'm using the updated version)
Quickly addressed, please download and sorry for the trouble :P it seems i randomly changed the address of the sound.
#39  April 02, 2022, 12:11:09 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Ah. That makes sense even if I don't like it. ;P

Yeah, I confirmed in the wiki before commenting but said it anyway because of how the animations look. I understand that you'd prefer keeping it true to SF4, though.

It's not noticeable in a mirror match because both fireballs will have the same animation timing, but if you put him against a different character (did not just test this against mine), fire fireballs at each other and then pause and frame advance, you will see that Gouken's fireball will pause a few frames before going into state 1006.

I think the problem was they look smaller in some palettes than others because of the gradient. Not a big deal, though.

The USF4 ones?
Yep.

After saying that I realized that another way of doing it would be making the first hit of Shoryuken not knock down.

Yeah that was wishful thinking on my part. I still think more moves should juggle after the 2 hit version though, like EX Tatsumaki.

Having the input from a Gouken main is really helpful.
Well it's not worth much to be honest, because I played it for a short period, and it was the vanilla version. At the time I only cared about GGPO JoJo.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#40  April 02, 2022, 01:30:09 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I'm not sure if the swirl for the charged Hadoken is completely gone or or just made super subtle. Based on the changelog, I'd guess it's the latter, but I don't see it anymore at all.

Other than that, this is a very good update. :)

Edit: Oh, one more thing regarding his Hadoken: In a mirror match, when an uncharged Hadoken hits a charged one, both get destroyed.
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 02:54:04 am by Toni