YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Release 0.7 7/10/14 (Read 95099 times)

Started by Odb718, January 19, 2012, 10:49:10 am
Share this topic:
Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Release 0.7 7/10/14
New #1  January 19, 2012, 10:49:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Newer version is uploaded Feb/23/15. Mega took down the rars again.
RIGHT CLICK AND 'SAVE LINK AS' TO DOWNLOAD
Thanks Just No Point.
If anyone wants to host this character for me let me know. I'll include the links in this post.  

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
^^^^^^^^^ OLD NEWS ^^^^^^^^^

Here is an early beta. I've ripped a lot of the stuff that wasnt working 100% out.

If the link above isnt working you can use this link to download.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I have a completely different copy of Samus I'm working on. This is just to show how she plays and to get feed back.

I'm looking for people to help make pallets.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:30:38 pm by Odb718
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Early WIP
#2  January 19, 2012, 11:07:52 am
This is inspiring, what program or method did you used to get the sprites?

!E

#3  January 19, 2012, 11:38:34 am
    • Canada
#4  January 19, 2012, 03:59:51 pm
awesome, thanks for the info, and success o this project
#5  January 19, 2012, 07:11:56 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
This is inspiring, what program or method did you used to get the sprites?

there's a free program call XNA LARA it loads game rip model and you can pose them.

you can obtain 100s of model at http://xnalara-customized.deviantart.com/gallery/

:pwnonk:

I'm going to say this right now: I really hope this project doesn't slip through the cracks. Mugen needs a Samus badly. And this already looks hot.

Perhaps you should consult DA_Maverick as he specializes in 3D characters.

Best of luck to you. Samus is one of my all time favorites!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#6  January 19, 2012, 07:14:57 pm
  • Dust to dust...
    • USA
    • Skype - tylorthehedgehog
    • www.freewebs.com/wubbi/
Yes, even though I'll be doing my own Samus, i'll support you on this project too. Because, as already said, MUGEN really needs a good one!
Thanks for reading my signature.
#7  January 19, 2012, 07:42:31 pm

[left] BUT, I'm looking for a photoshop master. A TRUE master to rip Samus apart and reduce her colors cleanly. I'd like to see Each group of colors knocked down to 16 colors each. I'd also like help with her dust/smoke/explosions.

Samus will play like SSBB but with a lot of XMvsSF mixed in. Pop-ups/pushblocks that sort of thing.

[/left]

[left]I plan on making Pitt from Kid Icarus next. So if I can get a good team that's always on we could have more than a few people done by the end of the year.

[/left]

hey my friend you should contact Stop Motion Toys, this guy has been working on conversions from MK4´s Reiko and and the original SSB´s fox Mc Cloud for a while, if anythign i think he could give you some advice when it comes t hard to get spritting

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=114484.msg1475782#msg1475782
#8  January 19, 2012, 09:44:24 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Where dreams are made...
    • Mexico
    • www.sanctuarysoldiers.com
very nice, but why not take 3d model out of wii game, and use it animated, that way u could improve 100% colors and textures..not so pixie :D

Just a tought,  other is that i would like to see it more a cartoon style :D

CLICK FOR DEVIANTART´S

Just Looking for some Real Fun...
#9  January 20, 2012, 10:11:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Wii doesnt use anti-aliasing so no matter what youre going to have jaggies with anything from the Wii. As you can see the sprites are massive. I've resized them to 1/4 their original size and the AA goes away.

With the release of the newest version of Mugen yesterday I think I'm going to start dumping the sprites into KFM tonight. I'm not going to stop working on Samus. I've devoted over 10 years of my life modding the original Metroid, so 1 or 2 years on a Samus for Mugen is nothing. I hope to have an Alpha of her out by Feb. 28th. The Metroid Hack's name is actually SAMUS.

I plan on using Capcom sprites for her explosions and hitsparks. If anyone's familiar with SSBB and Samus could you suggest some good effects?
I'm also going to need some assistance with her Whip grab move. I figure Omega Red has a very similar move so I'll try to learn off that.
Her "Charge" basic moves will be added later. Right now there are 2 Standing moves that can be held, and released to activate 1 of 3 animations. I've never made a move like that so if anyone can suggest a move that's similar that'd help alot.

As I've said, I plan on making Pitt also. This isnt going away. The only way I'm going to stop work is if I die. Now, I just have to get FF3 working again <_<
#10  January 20, 2012, 10:38:30 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
WAouuuh !!  it's so good to see so much aggressiveness on a project  :sugoi: Man, i wish you best of luck. Keep going ! A SSBB Link will be good too ! it's just a suggestion  ;D
#11  January 20, 2012, 05:26:57 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I've added a bunch of basics into KFM720. I have a crouch, stand, and crouch to jump. Then I have 200-250, 400-450, and 600-650 complete. I've been messing with FF3's pallet controls and I'm not having the best of luck. I'm going to have to redo the sprites/pallet but I have the basic movement/timing down for all the punches and kicks. She can chain combo like Street Fighter, Stand to crouch but not back up. Her Crouching Fierces are hard to connect with. A 6 hit ground combo isnt going to happen.
Samus looks like she's going to be one tough lady to deal with. Some of her moves are slow to come out, but that just adds the funk to her. Once I get her looking decent on screen I plan on making a video. Even if it's her jumping from Samus sprites to KFM sprites.
I'm going to redo 2 of her kick moves because they look stiff. Jumping Fierce kick and another one. I forget which.
#12  January 20, 2012, 06:40:43 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
good luck with this :)
#13  January 20, 2012, 10:32:40 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
ooh! this looks so nice! I do hope that you don't quit on this project.

also, do you plan on this Samus being compatible with winmugen, mugen 1.0, or both?
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#14  January 21, 2012, 04:46:39 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
My main mugen is winmugen. I want to have my Samus fighting all of my char's I've collected.
But as of right now I'm making it for Mugen 1/18/12. That is once FF3 stops being a pain in my ass. I _think_ I just got my pallet working. It's not perfect but it's a million times better than playing with pink boxes around Samus. If it works I'll mass import all the sprites instead of coding moves.

----
So I've added working sprites for 200-3010. I've also put in  blank animations to go with them. Animations 200 - 250 have all collision boxes. 1:15pm is past my bedtime.. pretty sure I'm gonna be late for work <_<
Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:15:05 pm by Odb718
#15  January 24, 2012, 08:53:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I've been working with the images I've got in Samus. Aligning 11 hundred sprites takes longer than youd think <_<
But I figured I'd post a comparison of my original image vs. a very similar one that's palleted and see if anyone can do better.
^^^BEFORE^^^
^^^AFTER^^^

[/center]
It's decent but there is some red in the orange and orange in the yellows.
#16  January 24, 2012, 08:58:32 pm
i think is looking dandy, you can call em reflections on each metallic surface :p
#17  January 24, 2012, 11:24:38 pm
  • ???
Lol stopmotion he rips 3d, but his coding isn't that good. Good samus thou man really inspiring makes me wanna rip a 3d character XD
#18  February 02, 2012, 01:48:15 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It's been a while since I posted about Samus' status. As of right now I've sort-of restarted. Most of my work will be able to just be used with the new sprite set. So it's not a complete loss.
When I first started it was to see if it was possible, and I kept going. After a week of work I thought of a way to streamline the whole process.
I wasnt happy with the red/orange/white color "bleeding". So I recolored the original textures of Samus to be red/purple/white. I havent made the pallet yet but I can tell that it's going to be a lot cleaner when I do.

With the streamlining process I can tell I'll be able to rip all of the SSBB character sprites FAST. When I import the sprites into FF3 I can tell it where to put the axis point and all of the images will be perfectly aligned like they are on the Wii. I might host a poll once Samus is over 50% to see which character people would like to see/work on the most. I have my favorites, but I also dont want to take on ALL of the characters myself. I think Kirby would be a pretty easy one. I figure I can rip the sprites for a character a dev is willing to work on and continue with Samus.

<<<< That's how she looks now. Obviously we'll be able to have the orange get-up once pallets are in place. Switching from the orange to purple, I've lost 8 of the moves I animated for her. The good thing is, the more I animate the better I'll get at it. I've also figured out a way of saving my animations.
That pic is from her Lose from Time over animation I made. She looks her gun up and down and gets depressed.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is all of the hit reaction poses. If anyone knows a good way to get all of the animations nice PLEASE let me know. It just seems like it's going to be a headache trying to place all of the axis points on the right looking animations and how to know when to lable it 10, 20, 30 or what ever.
#19  February 02, 2012, 03:33:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Pretty sweet!! I always loved the Gravity Suit's color scheme. Nicely done.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#20  February 02, 2012, 03:48:17 pm
i have been waiting for a ssbb character that was not chibi or small gook luck with this  ;D