YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6811692 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: New version of M.U.G.E.N. released... LATEST RELEASE RC7 on March 24
#1021  April 13, 2010, 09:01:18 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
STAGE DETECTION is something great!!!

Wow, the possibility....

#1022  April 13, 2010, 10:04:01 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I'm a bit lost, what exactly would this stage detection do? would it be like how Vega can climb the fence on his stage in SF2?
#1023  April 13, 2010, 10:09:49 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yes, exactly. It makes it possible to use code in the characters for stage interaction.
- Vega's stage, as you said.
- MOTW waterfall stage, where there's some water splash each time you walk on the water.

It would be even greater if we could add code in the stages themselves for interaction, but what Elecbyte is doing here is already a huge step in the right direction. :)
#1024  April 13, 2010, 10:31:39 pm
  • Fuck You.
If I remember correctly, there was stage detection in Winmugen.

I remember when I played with Jesuszilla's Felecia on her Darkstalkers 1 stage, She stood in the background perched on the stand as a cat, and rolled to the foreground into her battle stance.

It was pretty slick, and could only be performed on the stage created by Yusuke.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1025  April 13, 2010, 10:46:10 pm
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
stage interaction is interesting but, how many variables can be put in one character for 10000 new interactive stages.
this is more for full games than custom ones.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#1026  April 14, 2010, 07:31:58 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I'm not Downloading this mugen anymore until its 100% finished. Its still to big to fit my screen?   :(  >:(  :cry2:
#1027  April 14, 2010, 07:54:24 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
You can change the resolution settings :P so it does fit your screen.
#1028  April 14, 2010, 08:03:52 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
If I remember correctly, there was stage detection in Winmugen.

I remember when I played with Jesuszilla's Felecia on her Darkstalkers 1 stage, She stood in the background perched on the stand as a cat, and rolled to the foreground into her battle stance.

It was pretty slick, and could only be performed on the stage created by Yusuke.

it was not true stage detection. it was work-around of sorts.
In Winmugen, there was the possibility for a character to detect the z-offset, a highly unused stage parameter.
what most people did was to set some stages with a specific z-offset, and have characters detect that.

however, the number of stages you could do with that method was quite low.

I'm not Downloading this mugen anymore until its 100% finished. Its still to big to fit my screen?   :(  >:(  :cry2:

so you will probably never download mugen. it will never be truly finished.  :P
#1029  April 14, 2010, 08:10:25 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I do, but the last time i try'd this was with the RC4 version. However i'm still going to wait. Besides there's not much for the new mugen yet and some characters don't even work right on it so why bother. Atm
#1030  April 14, 2010, 08:42:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Because it's BETTER.

If characters don't work, it's because they were coded badly in winmugen. If stages don't work, it's mostly the hi res ones, or because they were coded badly in winmugen.

If screenpacks don't work... well yes, those have been an issue. But most of the ones people really like have actually been updated. There's not much 1.0 only stuff, but there doesnt' need to be as 90% of the winmugen creations work in it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1031  April 14, 2010, 08:55:50 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
oh damn this will have possibilities

destructible objects such as the signs in Ryu's SF2 stage, the crates in Guile's SF2 stage, the drums in Ken's SF2 stage, the statues in Bison's SF2 stage, the cage in Vega's stage being climable, stage fatalities for MK stages, Overkills and Sudden Deaths from Eternal Champions can probably be done with stage detection, maybe add stages from Real Bout Fatal Fury with their respective ring outs, and death match stages from World Heroes done right with the electric ropes or mines in the ring using the stage detection
#1032  April 15, 2010, 03:13:49 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Recursive trigger redirection is in development. This is apparently part of what will be a continuing series on the blog which will introduce some of the final features that will be added to the CNS format before its 2.0 successor comes along.
#1033  April 15, 2010, 04:08:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Many advanced creators will say : FINALLY !!! :)
#1034  April 16, 2010, 12:04:24 am
    • USA
yeah, that would be awesome for my fullgame, I will actually save me some vars.
#1035  April 16, 2010, 12:30:34 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
I'm assuming the parsers character limit isn't going up, which may be a problem.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#1036  April 16, 2010, 08:43:02 am
  • Participate, be a part.
I do, but the last time i try'd this was with the RC4 version. However i'm still going to wait. Besides there's not much for the new mugen yet and some characters don't even work right on it so why bother. Atm

as cyanide said... about 90% of winmugen stuff works, tested it myself. besides youll change your mind when you buy a new computer. i had to move to mugen 1.0+ because winmugen would not work with windows 7 when i bought a new and faster computer. changing over to mugen 1.0+ is the future.
#1037  April 16, 2010, 09:25:26 am
  • This is a Personal Text :D
    • www.youtube.com/user/DarkonMK
i just hope the new version haves some new modes like
tournament,konquest(maybe),or somthing.

The Original Darkon coming soon to Mugen, in the meanwhile, Fuck that shitty gay ass prick who claims to be Darkon. some type of MK Fan Character that I must destroy.
#1038  April 18, 2010, 02:01:59 am
    • USA
I realized that with recursive trigger redirection we will have almost unlimited non-persistent variables for any use. we will be able to save all the char variables (40 vars and 60 fvars) for stuff that needs to be persistent between rounds while the rest could be set on a multi purpose helper. And while we already could do that before we're still not able to read the enemy's helper variable which actually made those helper vars useless on many ocasions:

example:

reading if the enemy, Iori, is in orochi mode "var(2)=2", if a helper had the duty of setting that var then the enemy wouldn't be able to unless you used a workaround like releasing an explod with certain ID to tell the enemy "hey! im in orochi mode!", that can be done but what if we need to read the number of that var? redirections will work on that case (Which makes 1.0 ALOT better).

I'm assuming the parsers character limit isn't going up, which may be a problem.

Yeah, I already had problems in the past and im not even using recursive crap yet :P.
#1039  April 22, 2010, 03:14:49 pm
  • Street Fighter II the game that changed everything
    • sites.google.com/site/mugenuba/
i just hope the new version has some new modes like
tournament,konquest(maybe),or something.
I agree. Mugen is lacking a tournament mode and and it also lacks statistics. I hope they work on these.
#1040  April 25, 2010, 04:54:08 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.