YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6661272 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elecbyte is back? New version of M.U.G.E.N. released...
#621  September 27, 2009, 03:27:13 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
actually now there a limitless amounts of palettes that a character can have thanks to the new palatte code that can be added to any character.
#622  September 27, 2009, 03:32:48 am
  • 10 Years! Still going strong.
    • USA
    • http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php
actually now there a limitless amounts of palettes that a character can have thanks to the new palatte code that can be added to any character.

So without this code basicly people are restricted to only 6 palletes correct? Well hopfully it along with all the other gripes will be fixed in the next update. i like there trying to support widescreen people but now i heard theres no support for people who still have 1024x768 standard. hopefully someone found a way around that...
Project: Ultimate Zero & Ultimate X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MMZ Soundpack Project (Canceled)
#623  September 27, 2009, 03:34:35 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
i think there was a solution to the 7-12 palettes being able to work, but i forgot lol i havent been around the elecbyte forum since it came out, to many noobs there   :-\
#624  September 27, 2009, 04:03:13 am
  • 10 Years! Still going strong.
    • USA
    • http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php
i think there was a solution to the 7-12 palettes being able to work, but i forgot lol i havent been around the elecbyte forum since it came out, to many noobs there   :-\

Well thats good. i know a few good characters would really be hurt by that.

Don't be so rude man! You will break some hearts... ¬¬

Seriously... I think that we are getting a lil' of nonsense in every thread that is related to this new version... and is not new... everytime I see this forum I see flame wars, claims, insults, and so on... Is incredible that just a lil' hobby like mugen do this to the people... c'mon, everyone here (including me) has a real life, why don't we act as adults? Is quite simple...

Thanks for trying to defend me. i only check this place weekly and Ive only just heard of this i didn't know all of the details yet. asking simple questions apparently just sends people into a fit-shit for some reason.
Project: Ultimate Zero & Ultimate X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MMZ Soundpack Project (Canceled)
#625  September 27, 2009, 09:21:58 am
I've skimmed through these pages, and haven't seen any one mention a problem i'm having.  It's with the character sounds, for some reason they sound broken or distorted on my PC. (tested with characters by H and warusaki) Besides this though I'm luvin this new version.
#626  September 27, 2009, 01:38:24 pm
    • Thailand
Oh, now that you mention it, yeah, posadds are screwed up when facing KFM720 (not old chars or normal KFM).  And it keeps happening even if you update your char to also specify its "localcoord".

Edit: wait, no, just the cornerpush code.  Guess it can be fixed if there's such a thing as a "target,localcoord" trigger or something along those lines, to rescale the hitvels back to normal.
In fact half of the updates to the engine seem to revolve around these individual playing area settings, will take a while to adapt.

Was testing triggers:

I think they already have some triggers that solves this problem, because I seem to have fixed it. Something like this (haven't really done anything mathematical) just tested and this seems to be able to manage that problem well enough.

It could become a problem when people start using Localcoord that equal funny combination of numbers though. When the localcoord gets too low, it makes a character abnormally large, and when it gets to high, it makes the abnormally small. So I guess if people are using decent numbers it'll work once a formula is developed.

fvar(30) = cornerpush velocity

[state -3,cp]
type= Posadd
triggers...
value = -abs(fvar(30))/ifelse(target, const240p(3) = 3, 1, ifelse(target, const240p(3) = 6, 2, 3))

>_>
#627  September 27, 2009, 01:45:16 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Yeah I posted a similar thing in a bug thread along with a mini rant, then they added different coordinate spaces to the known issues topic.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#628  September 27, 2009, 01:52:29 pm
    • Thailand
Oh, I see the known issues thing, so the extra coding won't be necessary. Shoot!   :P

They also have where screenpos x should equal 0 wrongly listed, it's the left not the right, right? Correct me if I'm wrong before I correct them!
#629  September 27, 2009, 01:53:55 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I dunno the last time I touched screenpos x must've been when I was first seeing what triggers did :S, it's supposedly deprecated in favour of pos x.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#630  September 28, 2009, 02:10:44 am
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
it's nice to know that after however many years and countless man hours elecbyte was at long last able to solve the problem on many of us not being able to us HD res and high color sprites instead of focusing on something as silly as making the game engine somewhat more stable than the previous winmugen build
#631  September 28, 2009, 02:16:26 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Release Candidate.

Besides, other stuff was added/changed as well.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#632  September 28, 2009, 03:44:02 am
  • Mental Organism Designed for Only Shitting.
Can I be honest. I am just going to let it out.

When I heard that Elecbyte came back. I actually messed my pants because of the stiffy.

I am glad he has returned. I am liking the new mugen still. Now, I can find patterns around it. I am using the debug version of this to program any WIPs. I am still using the old one, but hell.
#633  September 28, 2009, 05:17:19 am
  • DAT SAX
they*

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#634  September 28, 2009, 06:09:26 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Six palette limit for all characters, 1.0 compatible or not. Sucks for palette-activated features, unless you're willing to copy a folder and change up the palette order.

that's a bug with the current build of the engine not detecting start to choose palettes, the 12 palettes work perfectly if you choose them by other means.

Oh, now that you mention it, yeah, posadds are screwed up when facing KFM720 (not old chars or normal KFM).  And it keeps happening even if you update your char to also specify its "localcoord".

Edit: wait, no, just the cornerpush code.  Guess it can be fixed if there's such a thing as a "target,localcoord" trigger or something along those lines, to rescale the hitvels back to normal.
In fact half of the updates to the engine seem to revolve around these individual playing area settings, will take a while to adapt.

Was testing triggers:

I think they already have some triggers that solves this problem, because I seem to have fixed it. Something like this (haven't really done anything mathematical) just tested and this seems to be able to manage that problem well enough.

It could become a problem when people start using Localcoord that equal funny combination of numbers though. When the localcoord gets too low, it makes a character abnormally large, and when it gets to high, it makes the abnormally small. So I guess if people are using decent numbers it'll work once a formula is developed.

fvar(30) = cornerpush velocity

[state -3,cp]
type= Posadd
triggers...
value = -abs(fvar(30))/ifelse(target, const240p(3) = 3, 1, ifelse(target, const240p(3) = 6, 2, 3))

>_>

You are supossed to use the trigger directly on expressions.

const240p(X) return X times the difference in resolution of the character who is evaluating the trigger.

value=abs(fvar(30)/targer,const240p(1))

obviously, if your character runs at a different res, you use the 480 or 720 versions of the triggers.

this should be all the code, unless I misunderstood what youa re trying to code there.

also, ishida iryu found a nice bug, this should help people with good computer who still get horrible framerates.

yea, it seems like the current frameskip code has a bug, as I found a reliable formula in my hardware to keep it working at 60fps. provided the fps are less than 60, if I add teh fps to teh default gamespeed (60fps) I get perfect frameskipping.

21·35·52:. «Bernkastel» I get 30 fps on 720
.:21·35·57:. «Bernkastel» so I am setting it to 90

.:21·43·14:. «Bernkastel» 1080 decided to work
.:21·43·25:. «Bernkastel» I get 13 fps
.:21·43·29:. «Bernkastel» so, it worked with 73

#635  September 28, 2009, 04:24:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Six palette limit for all characters, 1.0 compatible or not. Sucks for palette-activated features, unless you're willing to copy a folder and change up the palette order.

that's a bug with the current build of the engine not detecting start to choose palettes, the 12 palettes work perfectly if you choose them by other means.
+1
I tested that and you can choose 1-6 palettes, but CPU can choose 1-12 palettes like always :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#636  September 28, 2009, 04:34:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You can choose 7 to 12 by the command line (as first posted by kamek) or you can use the remappal sctrl.
#637  September 28, 2009, 05:35:45 pm
    • Thailand
You are supossed to use the trigger directly on expressions.

const240p(X) return X times the difference in resolution of the character who is evaluating the trigger.

value=abs(fvar(30)/targer,const240p(1))

obviously, if your character runs at a different res, you use the 480 or 720 versions of the triggers.

this should be all the code, unless I misunderstood what youa re trying to code there.

You are right, I was just assuming everyone would go with those standard Localcoords mentioned in the docs. The way you suggested would definitely be more efficient to exact correct scaling to the posadd's value. They are supposed to fixing it, though, so maybe it's not an issue anymore. :)
#638  September 28, 2009, 05:47:19 pm
weeeeeeee :woeh:
#639  September 28, 2009, 06:00:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think they should have used a value of 1 in the examples instead of 3.
#640  September 28, 2009, 07:56:24 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
A question: someone of here has already made a new SFFv2??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X