YesNoOk

Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015 (Read 75905 times)

Started by Hien, May 26, 2015, 03:05:02 am
Share this topic:
Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015
#1  May 26, 2015, 03:05:02 am
    • USA
So.. I haven't been so active on MFG for the past 1-2 years? Took time away to focus on taking art classes to improve myself and studying as well. I actually stopped spriting for quite some time but then went on and off with it because I didn't feel as confident in myself as a spriter compared to other amazing spriters here. Now I have matured and have a better mentality on myself when it comes to spriting. Lately I've been working on other sprites focused for other indie games which have not been announced quite yet.

I've always wanted to finish one full character for Mugen and well here I am returned, improved with my spriting skills and animation skill I am a lot more confident than I was years ago spriting. So I've decided to start from scratch on Vegito and since I work from home I am able to work on Vegito almost every single day. I have a movelist (incomplete) for Vegito that I am going to send to Iced, Balthazar, and Cybaster to perhaps get their input on it.

I haven't fully started spriting anything quite yet in fact almost all animations I have in mind are roughly outlined first.

Without further ado here he is my revamped Super Vegito Z2. Also can any Mods delete my old Vegito thread? I want to start fresh and new with this one.

Re: Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015
#2  May 26, 2015, 03:06:19 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
this is great nice to see you back
definitly keeping an eye on this
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  May 26, 2015, 03:32:35 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Also can any Mods delete my old Vegito thread? I want to start fresh and new with this one.
You're able to delete it yourself. Just scroll to the bottom of the page on any given page in the thread and click remove topic.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#4  May 26, 2015, 05:05:26 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I was just recently wondering about this project. Welcome back! Vegito looks great :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#5  May 26, 2015, 05:20:12 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
If this shows promise, it might get added to the HDBZ roster, and what I see on the idle sprite, it certainly shows promise to me.  Best of luck on this project, man :)
#6  May 26, 2015, 05:58:35 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm certainly looking forward to this one, and those WIP anims look very nice so far. Just make the hair move a bit and it'll be even better!

Shit
#7  May 26, 2015, 01:20:12 pm
  • Bad Personal Text? Nah...Bad you!
    • Canada
Very nice! Shows lots of potential!!
#8  May 26, 2015, 01:38:06 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
i think it would be cool if vegito had a floating stance with his arms crossed, it would be a pain to transition into punches but i think it would be worth it (Light punch could be a quick elbow from his crossed arms)

HQ

#9  May 26, 2015, 01:48:31 pm
i think it would be cool if vegito had a floating stance with his arms crossed, it would be a pain to transition into punches but i think it would be worth it (Light punch could be a quick elbow from his crossed arms)
I agree.

I did this ages ago for my Lf2 Mod. You could easily use that as a referance I guess:
#10  May 26, 2015, 02:00:06 pm
I agree with Daeron there. You could also use some references from Jump Ultimate Stars as Vegeto was a playable Character in The Game.
#11  May 26, 2015, 02:17:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Nice to see you having a go at it again. Hope to see more from you.
#12  May 26, 2015, 02:35:45 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
This year will be very interesting for z2 chars, your animation looking good. can't wait to see more from you man.
#13  May 26, 2015, 02:36:54 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Nice to see you back :)
Ah since you're starting fresh, I will also pitch in and say he'd be more interesting
and more 'Vegito' if his stance was something like this pose:
, floating (but ofcourse staying in place).
You could even go the Elena way and have all his attacks be kicks,
including the punch buttons, so he's always keeping his arms crossed.

We'll be glad to help out suggesting moves and poses and the general direction he could be taken into.
Good luck!
#14  May 26, 2015, 02:42:49 pm
I would suggest against making all his basics as kicks. The "arms crossed" pose shouldn't be constant, he only did that for a short exchange, he did use his fists the rest of the time. It only really works as a counter stance IMO (be it a special counter or a style switch limited in time, like Kim Kaphwan and such).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#15  May 26, 2015, 02:55:03 pm
    • Canada
Nice to see this back. :)

Using only kicks would distance himself a little from the other fighters. He can still use punches in command normals, air moves, throws, specials, supers, etc. The arms crossed stance is too good to pass on, imo.

Anyways, good luck Hien. You got lots of people here to help you if you need it.
#16  May 26, 2015, 03:08:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Kinda agree with DKDC, I see the only kick thing going stale fast, I would still use crossed arms for all his kicks tho.
#17  May 26, 2015, 08:15:43 pm
    • USA
Agreed with you all on how all basics would be only kicks but I think his crossed arm stance would better suite his emotion mode? If his arms were crossed the entire time wouldn't his transition to other animations look a bit strange?

Since I'm starting completely from scratch please go ahead and make all the suggestions you guys want!
#18  May 26, 2015, 08:31:58 pm
Agreed with you all on how all basics would be only kicks
Two people said don't use all kicks, two people said go with all kicks :P
Yeah, emotion mode sounds like the best fit.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#19  May 26, 2015, 08:35:26 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Wow, I was literally just thinking about this project, a few hours ago.  Welcome back, and I hope you achieve your goals this time around. :)
#20  May 26, 2015, 08:54:38 pm
    • USA
Two people said don't use all kicks, two people said go with all kicks :P
Yeah, emotion mode sounds like the best fit.
Ahh I read it as everyone agreed with use all kicks lol.

Did another quick "sketch" I think having Vegito grounded with his crossed arms looks better rather than have him stay floating.

I was thinking about using HQ's LF2 animation he provided as an example for Light, Medium, Heavy Punches. Also I think Vegito should have a rapid attack like SSJ Goku but instead of punches it would be kicks with his left leg then a launcher with his right, as his heavy kick command.