YesNoOk

SF2HD Sprite Rips (Read 10590 times)

Started by tunglashor, January 07, 2016, 01:18:51 pm
Share this topic:
SF2HD Sprite Rips
#1  January 07, 2016, 01:18:51 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Here are the sprites from the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.  Most of the character sprites were ripped long ago but I've now managed to extract the rest, including non-paletted images such as stages.

I've organised the files in the same directory structure as in the source game (as far as I can determine it).  Let me know if anything's missing/doesn't look right.
PS3 sprites
XBox sprites

The PS3 set contains the stage sprites, projectiles and various texture effects.  I'll add to this over time but for now if you want any of the others (this mainly comprises the win screen images and portraits) they're available in the XBox archive.  The PS3 versions are probably preferable as they were stored in-game at their original aspect ratios, whereas the XBox ones are stretched.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:55:53 pm by tunglashor
Re: SF2HD Sprite Rips
#2  January 07, 2016, 02:51:10 pm
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
Thanks a lot tunglashor! I didn't know PS3 version was like that. Almost all the Xbox sprites are stretched.
#3  January 07, 2016, 06:46:45 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
very very exciting news!!!
 :bravo:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4  January 10, 2016, 09:13:47 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Thanks a lot tunglashor! I didn't know PS3 version was like that. Almost all the Xbox sprites are stretched.

Yeah, they tend to be scaled in both dimensions to the nearest power of 2, for whatever reason. 

Just a note to say I've reuploaded the sprites as I noticed a small issue with some of them - the bottom right pixel was completely transparent :omg:
This mostly just affected the character ending scenes and the small portraits; if anyone wants them I can upload these separately to save redownloading the whole thing.  Speaking of the small portraits, interestingly these are included twice: in full colour (user_interface\in_game\GameScreen) and compressed using the same encoding as the stage sprites (in the "other" folder, which is where I put all sprites whose original path was unknown).  I'm not sure where/if the compressed versions are used in game, but comparing the two gives a good idea of the amount of detail lost using this format (these are x4 actual size):

#5  January 11, 2016, 02:26:09 am
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
The compression used is good for textures in 3d games, but not for sprites. They probably used to save space back in the day the X360 had a very limited size for XBLA games. It's a shame.

About the PS3 version, can you upload the projectiles?
#6  January 11, 2016, 06:23:02 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
OK, I think they're all here, let me know if I missed anything.

SSF2HD_PS3
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:55:12 pm by tunglashor
#7  January 21, 2016, 07:11:22 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
the characters have been ripped?

I want to try something with those sprites but I can't seem to find them, the mediafire links seems to be all about backgrounds and effects or I'm wrong?
            Zorf Giudecca
#8  January 28, 2016, 03:22:29 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
the characters have been ripped?

I want to try something with those sprites but I can't seem to find them, the mediafire links seems to be all about backgrounds and effects or I'm wrong?
All the character sprites are included in the XBox archive (let me know if any are missing).
I didn't bother uploading the PS3 versions as they're identical (or they should be!)  Although actually some of the non-indexed sprites (e.g. shocked, burned etc) will be scaled differently so maybe I will add them to the PS3 section.
#9  January 30, 2016, 07:07:41 am
Excellent pack,i´m ripping SF2 classic ones