YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18125040 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#301  August 25, 2015, 05:03:47 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Didn't say it was the worst, just that it's an example of no research.  Ragna vs Dante was easily the worst.
#302  August 27, 2015, 02:27:08 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Kind of surprised no one has posted this yet, but:

Wolvie's preview for Death Battle.
#303  September 09, 2015, 12:29:27 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Knuckles vs. Wario One Minute Melee. Go to 0:52 if you want to skip the announcement at the beginning.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This is a generic forum signature.
#304  September 09, 2015, 12:51:30 am
since when did Wario gain smoke screen fart powers? is that canon?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#305  September 09, 2015, 03:55:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Wolverine vs. Raiden battle has just finished...

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#306  September 09, 2015, 04:11:19 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Wolverine vs. Raiden battle has just finished...

#307  September 09, 2015, 04:17:57 am
  • Niigasan
God yes I figured he was going to win using that jack the ripper mode he automatically became one of my favorite game characters after playing mg rising
#308  September 09, 2015, 04:32:47 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, Adamantium has met it's match. Now let's see who Satan goes up against.
#309  September 09, 2015, 04:40:58 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
That voice acting was so horrible holy shit. Good battle tho.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#310  September 09, 2015, 05:16:49 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I liked the Wolverine voice actor because he sounded like the 90s cartoon (cheesy Clint Eastwood) rather than modern Wolverine (gruff Steve Blum), but Raiden was definitely off.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#311  September 09, 2015, 05:22:22 am
the voice acting from the game was pretty cringy so i guess they did their best to sound like it?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#312  September 09, 2015, 05:32:33 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Eh, the voice ACTING's fine, unless you've never like Quinton Flynn as Raiden. The voice DIRECTION is the problem, namely that there clearly wasn't enough to tell him when to use Ripper Raiden vs. regular Raiden so he just did whatever.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#313  September 09, 2015, 05:43:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm not sure I really agree with the idea that Raiden's Muramasa blade can cut through adamantium (the way Antarctic vibranium dissolves metals using vibrations seems a bit too different to the way HF blades work, maybe?) but the reasoning is ultimately pretty sound, I think. It was a pretty fair representation of both fighters, I think.

buuuuuut they did use that time Wolverine regenerated from only a skeleton as one of his feats, and that time was very specifically only possible because Wolverine had been amped up massively on mutant growth hormone, that's not something he can do normally!!!
#314  September 09, 2015, 05:49:18 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm not sure I really agree with the idea that Raiden's Muramasa blade can cut through adamantium (the way Antarctic vibranium dissolves metals using vibrations seems a bit too different to the way HF blades work, maybe?) but the reasoning is ultimately pretty sound, I think. It was a pretty fair representation of both fighters, I think.

buuuuuut they did use that time Wolverine regenerated from only a skeleton as one of his feats, and that time was very specifically only possible because Wolverine had been amped up massively on mutant growth hormone, that's not something he can do normally!!!

It may not ultimately be the exact same but they work on the same theory and there's nothing else shown that it cannot be cut(Even Armstrong got cut by Sam despite being far less strong than Raiden overall and the HF Muramasa is FAR superior to any typical run of the mill HF Blade on top of that...)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#315  September 09, 2015, 06:51:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  Another disappointing episode for me.  Bios on them in the beginning felt half-hearted, fight wasn't very interesting and I disagree with the winner.  Though I do look forward to the next due to how they will downplay Hercule.  Because, you know, it's Hercule.  But it's DBZ.  Plus They might use Z2 's Hercule, which should be fun.

Rather weird they showed all of Wolverine's wounds, but Raiden only gets a few scratches and the arm later in the match.
#316  September 09, 2015, 07:46:39 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Still dunno why they made him use Sam's Murasama instead of his own HF blade.
The action was good though. Wouldve liked the fight to be longer.
Im happy with the outcome.
#317  September 09, 2015, 08:19:39 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Well, it's not like Raiden would go back to using any other sword after the events of Revengeance, it's his sword now! And besides, Raiden's normal HF blade couldn't even cut through Armstrong's nanomachine armor, there'd be no chance of it cutting through adamantium!

Rather weird they showed all of Wolverine's wounds, but Raiden only gets a few scratches and the arm later in the match.
The character models never really showed any wounds, just blood. It's all an abstraction, I guess, just like how Wolverine's healing factor was represented by the blood magically disappearing from his costume. Raiden certain gets hit a lot, not just slash wounds but he gets impaled quite a few times. If this a was professional, big budget affair, the two of them would be looking quite worse for the wear by the end of the fight (well, mostly Raiden, Wolverine would just have a messed up costume).

It may not ultimately be the exact same but they work on the same theory and there's nothing else shown that it cannot be cut(Even Armstrong got cut by Sam despite being far less strong than Raiden overall and the HF Muramasa is FAR superior to any typical run of the mill HF Blade on top of that...)
I mean, just because there's nothing in Revengeance that can't be cut by the Murasama doesn't mean that the Murasama can therefore cut through anything; to pick another wonder metal from Marvel, it definitely couldn't cut through Captain America's shield, no ifs, ands, or buts about it!

I definitely could see it cutting through adamantium, though, but that feels a bit questionable as well, somehow. Antarctic vibranium uses vibrations to break apart metal just like HF blades do, but the details are different: no physical contact is required with antartic vibranium, it just naturally produces anti-metal vibrations that will affect things in its immediate vicinity. There's a definite similarity there, but I think it's a bit of a tossup, personally.
#318  September 09, 2015, 08:55:03 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
In the end, it's all for fun in the fight and that is what really matters right.....RIGHT?
#319  September 09, 2015, 09:11:11 am
did nobody post the video

11:25 if you want to skip the bullshit. wolverine's voice sucked but raiden's was accurate. all in all it was pretty average even though i liked the result

lui

#320  September 09, 2015, 09:42:13 am
    • USA
fun fact! lex luthor and wolverine were both voiced by smash bros. 4's announcer :D