YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17343174 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#781  July 02, 2016, 11:51:59 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
That's all well and good but Cell didn't even land a blow. The fight came across like bad fanfiction where GokuFan12121 shows up, OHKO's Cell and fucks Bulma.

I was under the assumption that the entire point of these shows wasn't even really "who is the strongest" so much as it was making a good sprite animation with fancy effects and giving people a good show. That wasn't. Shadow vs Mewto wasn't. At least Colonel Sanders fighting curb stomping Ronald McDonald was entertaining for the thought they put into the locations.
Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:56:04 pm by Negi Springfield
#782  July 03, 2016, 12:39:58 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
That's all well and good but Cell didn't even land a blow. The fight came across like bad fanfiction where GokuFan12121 shows up, OHKO's Cell and fucks Bulma.

I was under the assumption that the entire point of these shows wasn't even really "who is the strongest" so much as it was making a good sprite animation with fancy effects and giving people a good show. That wasn't. Shadow vs Mewto wasn't. At least Colonel Sanders fighting curb stomping Ronald McDonald was entertaining for the thought they put into the locations.

You are confusing DB with OMM.  DB is to determine an actual winner in an entertaining way.  OMM is just for the flashy fight.  Shadow vs Mewtwo was most likely a filler episode like Batman vs Cap, especially since Ben Singer hates Shadow and probably wanted to make him into his personal jobber by intentional putting him against opponents he'll lose to. 
#783  July 03, 2016, 01:26:16 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
the fact that OMM do no research is nothing new, but whats also not new is that a lot of people tend to forget that, like always
#784  July 03, 2016, 06:27:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I didn't care for Hunter X Hunter, gave it up pretty quickly.  It sure wasn't any Yu Yu Hakusho.  I didn't know they jumped to solar system levels of destruction, most I ever see is the protag kid using a copy of Naruto's Rasengan.

Of course, OMM, no research, little logic, etc. etc. and all that.  I'm presuming he's not, just the now-seemingly average occurrence of beat DBZ for attention.  But jeez that was not fun to watch, it needs to be a melee, a fight, not just giving one side the win.
#785  July 03, 2016, 08:28:16 pm
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Silver is my favourite Sonic character, but I like Shadow as well.. Seeing him just be pat down in such a way was just... "Why?" Especially when they used a combination of all iterations of Mewtwo, but not the case with Shadow. That was just... "unfair" would be an understatement.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#786  July 03, 2016, 11:10:17 pm
    • UK

so by that logic trunks vs silver was a shit omm as well?
or no because trunks won instead?
#787  July 04, 2016, 01:10:52 am
    • USA
Silver put up a fight, not that he really could, so no because it was entertainingly even to animate?

lui

#788  July 04, 2016, 01:17:27 am
    • USA
I didn't care for Hunter X Hunter, gave it up pretty quickly.  It sure wasn't any Yu Yu Hakusho.  I didn't know they jumped to solar system levels of destruction, most I ever see is the protag kid using a copy of Naruto's Rasengan.

Of course, OMM, no research, little logic, etc. etc. and all that.  I'm presuming he's not, just the now-seemingly average occurrence of beat DBZ for attention.  But jeez that was not fun to watch, it needs to be a melee, a fight, not just giving one side the win.

by that logic that also means saitama should be trading fair blows with any character out there, which wouldn't make sense due to his nature.

yes, omm has no research but no research does NOT mean lack of knowledge of average character traits that casual fans should know. so yes, this matchup makes sense, i dont particularly care for HxH but damn some characters in there stomp DBZ's power levels to the ground.
#789  July 04, 2016, 01:22:37 am
that mewtwo shadow animation was hot garbage and i hate shadow
#790  July 04, 2016, 01:45:31 am
    • USA
...Yes, Saitama should be trading blows with whoever.  It's a fight.  It's not fun to watch one side put in effort, and the other doesn't and is given their win or loss easily.  Saitama doesn't actually seem that impressive, by what I've seen.  He can punch kaiju into splats, fly to the moon and work under heavy gravity.  He has all the powers of a Powerpuff Girl.  But that's just my ignorance to the series as whole.  Maybe just avoid the character altogether then?

And alright, if you say so.  I really didn't care for Hunter X Hunter, it seemed around early One Piece in terms of power scale, or even Yu Yu Hakushio, not universe-ending ridiculousness of DBZ.  Or planet bursting of early Dragon Ball.

lui

#791  July 04, 2016, 01:48:26 am
    • USA
...Yes, Saitama should be trading blows with whoever.  It's a fight.  It's not fun to watch one side put in effort, and the other doesn't and is given their win or loss easily.  Saitama doesn't actually seem that impressive, by what I've seen.  He can punch kaiju into splats, fly to the moon and work under heavy gravity.  He has all the powers of a Powerpuff Girl.  But that's just my ignorance to the series as whole.
he's a parody of the average shounen character in which his power is quite literally infinite from the start, he literally just killed an alien god with one punch because he "got bored"
#792  July 04, 2016, 01:58:36 am
    • USA
I know the premise of the character, just what I've seen hasn't impressed me.

Coincidentally, still more or less in the range of a Powerpuff Girl.  Just with Satan.  There's your rival. :P
#793  July 04, 2016, 02:11:59 am
And alright, if you say so.  I really didn't care for Hunter X Hunter, it seemed around early One Piece in terms of power scale, or even Yu Yu Hakushio, not universe-ending ridiculousness of DBZ.  Or planet bursting of early Dragon Ball.
are you seriously still mad at omm? i thought people stopped taking them seriously after their dante vs ragna battle.

anyhoo, meryum is way stronger than cell man.
open this only if you don't care about getting hxh spoiled for you:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
cell on the other hand is just a robot/cyborg who's strongest form can't even beat SS2.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#794  July 04, 2016, 02:21:06 am
    • USA
...Uh, I don't think anyone's mad at anything.  The joke in the previous post should have given that away.  I'm being literal, I don't know what the hell happens in Hunter X Hunter because it bored me out of watching it any further.

So he's an ant made out of alchemy, I don't know what a "nen user" is beyond a Yu-Gi-Oh term I think?  The eating thing sounds like a solid basis, though you'd have to be able to actually, you know, eat the guy.  Without already being in DBZ's range of power to begin with, he's not going to scratch Cell's exposed skin, nevermind rip off an arm.  More intelligent...that I'm left to question, Cell is made from and probably contains the mind of a supercomputer, plus any intelligence of everyone he's made out of and has absorbed.  This Meryum being able to learn board game strategies from expert players is commendable, but doesn't seem in the same scope.

But more importantly, beyond being somewhat in similar ideas or levels, that's not the point.  Just make it a fair fight to watch.  It's not meant to be taken seriously, but it is supposed to be fun for both sides.
Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:38:52 am by Long John Killer
#795  July 04, 2016, 02:30:43 am
So he's an ant made out of alchemy, I don't know what a "nen user" is beyond a Yu-Gi-Oh term I think?
he came from a weird species on a very dangerous place that humans never visited.
as for the second part, just consider it the strongest man in the world as you're not interested in hxh lore.
he whipped the floor with him, and he didn't even use all of his power. btw this strongest man can defeat cell with his eyes closed too, and he trains with 12 other nen users who're also considered the strongest after him.
#796  July 04, 2016, 02:33:10 am
    • USA
So yes, they are solar system or universe destroyers then?
#797  July 04, 2016, 02:40:10 am
ugh your nerdiness is unbearable. are the details that important?
nen is like ki but it manifests it self differently in people depending on their personalities. people can train their nen to max it out.
#798  July 04, 2016, 02:43:55 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
ugh your nerdiness is unbearable

This whole topic is the epitome of nerdiness

There is absolutely nothing more nerdy than pointless who can beat who arguments because the answer is and always shall be whoever the writer wants to win

I can't fault Doc Halo for asking questions
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#799  July 04, 2016, 02:49:52 am
    • USA
But nerdiness is what makes me so charmingly adorable!

You're in a thread based on nerdy people debating nerdy facts and nerdy topics to prove nerdy points.  If we're not nerdy enough, then Spock n' Roll will die.  Plus the fine details are half the fun in getting it right.

But in this case, if the guy's not even at that level, then he can't even touch Cell.  Which still yes, does not matter as far as OMM goes, but it definitely shouldn't be the other way around with Cell not even touching Meryum.

Also I like Doc Halo, that's a good nickname.
#800  July 04, 2016, 02:57:16 am
But in this case, if the guy's not even at that level, then he can't even touch Cell.  Which still yes, does not matter as far as OMM goes, but it definitely shouldn't be the other way around with Cell not even touching Meryum.
i don't understand. what are you talking about here?

let me put this in simpler terms since you seem confused and you're confusing me with you:

cell = the strength of ss2 goku, the strongest man in his universe.
meryum > than the maximum strength of the strongest man in his universe.

lets see you dance your way out of this one >:)