YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18313832 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1021  September 28, 2016, 10:55:27 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Evil Ken isn't a thing that actually exists, and Violent Ken is just brainwashed Ken which would have required Bison to interfere.
#1022  September 28, 2016, 11:13:49 pm
    • UK
Violent ken is orochi ken
Brainwashed ken didn't even do much anyway
#1023  September 28, 2016, 11:15:32 pm
  • After I win,You wanna get pizza?
  • I'm always ready for an adventure.
    • Argentina
Wow,All the cast of Street Fighter is dead,At least Blanka and Akuma survived., But we still have Alex or Elena or Urien or Ibuki etc
Also,I think Amy had to fight Dedede again.,Or anybody else?,I dunno.
#1024  September 28, 2016, 11:21:08 pm
    • USA
#1025  September 28, 2016, 11:25:05 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As they said in the video, Amy's opponent is not who you expect.  King Dedede is the expected opponent due to previous requests and DBX, so it's most likely not him.

So my guess it's someone else that like Amy represents at least one of these traits; small, annoying, pink, hammer proficiency, weakest of the good guys, kidnapped often or is a stalker.

Possibly Princess Peach?  Ties Sonic's girl to Mario's girl.  That last match with Peach against Zelda legit made me hate Princess Peach though, she had no chance to win.  Still a weird matchup against Amy, but not as much as Mewtwo and Shadow so could happen.
#1026  September 28, 2016, 11:30:40 pm
  • After I win,You wanna get pizza?
  • I'm always ready for an adventure.
    • Argentina
As they said in the video, Amy's opponent is not who you expect.  King Dedede is the expected opponent due to previous requests and DBX, so it's most likely not him.

So my guess it's someone else that like Amy represents at least one of these traits; small, annoying, pink, hammer proficiency, weakest of the good guys, kidnapped often or is a stalker.

Possibly Princess Peach?  Ties Sonic's girl to Mario's girl.  That last match with Peach against Zelda legit made me hate Princess Peach though, she had no chance to win.  Still a weird matchup against Amy, but not as much as Mewtwo and Shadow so could happen.

Hmm.Yup I agree with you,Perhaps the Princess B(CENSORED,REASON:SWEARING),I mean Peach would be her opponent
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:34:49 pm by Creepy Ass

Bea

#1027  September 29, 2016, 01:00:18 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Ugh, that animation was terrible. A bit better than Sonia vs Cammy, but damn, still awful.
And I am growing really sick of this whole fight to the death gimmick that they and Super Power Beat Down use.
What is the problem to fight till KO instead? :|
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1028  September 29, 2016, 02:30:41 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'd suppose if you want to argue who'd win in a fight, you'd want to put it at its extreme and to the death is a certainty more conclusive than just knocking out.

While I'm not on board with Raiden killing Wolverine, make it just to a K.O. and you have a much wider selection of combatants that can just make Logan take a snooze instead of killing the popular unkillable mutant.  That said, when character morals come into play or murder just doesn't fit the fight description, it would be nice for a different bar to be set as to who wins, via just short of killing or indeed a simple knock out.  But that's not likely going to be Death Battle that does it, what with the name and all.

If there were another Goku vs Superman, and we're not still on the crazy train that Superman can do everything possible there is in existance so that Goku wins, I'd prefer it by draining Superman to the last of his strength, have the death blow open, then simply offer a hand and say "Good fight" or something to that extent.  Don't need to Spirit Bomb his very existence away or something like that.

Super Power Beat Down I don't have any excuse for, it's all up to them how they want the fights to play, as far as I know there's no rule other than majority of votes win.  Nightwing vs Winter Solider just seemed wrong, so I'll agree with you on them reeling it back a bit.
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:34:09 am by Long John Killer
#1029  September 29, 2016, 03:47:04 am
Wow,All the cast of Street Fighter is dead,At least Blanka and Akuma survived., But we still have Alex or Elena or Urien or Ibuki etc

seeing screwattack lately it's probably gonna be harleyquinn then i'm gonna stop watching their bullshit.
#1030  September 29, 2016, 04:56:29 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
My money's on Nora Valkyrie.
#1031  September 29, 2016, 05:09:46 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Man Street Fighter characters in general have the worst time in these Death Battles... I think only 2 characters have won so far out of like 6?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1032  September 29, 2016, 05:13:07 pm
    • UK
Akuma, blanka and zangeif
You gotta be manly to win a DB
Violent ken is orochi ken
Brainwashed ken didn't even do much anyway

Wrong.

There is no Orochi Ken.  There is no Evil Ken.  I think you guys have spent too much time with Mugen lol.

Fucking...i cant find where it said it was ken with orochi shit in his system
Edit:
Found it
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Masters

"Violent Ken is an alternate version of Ken that appears in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. He is the result of Ken absorbing the Orochi power from the King of Fighters series. He was inspired by "Sennou Ken" (Brainwashed Ken in Japanese), which was depicted in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, during which M. Bison induced a large amount of Psycho Power to transform Ken into a killing machine"

Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:26:43 pm by Pooh Hardy
#1033  September 29, 2016, 09:46:21 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Found it
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Masters

"Violent Ken is an alternate version of Ken that appears in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. He is the result of Ken absorbing the Orochi power from the King of Fighters series. He was inspired by "Sennou Ken" (Brainwashed Ken in Japanese), which was depicted in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, during which M. Bison induced a large amount of Psycho Power to transform Ken into a killing machine"
That is as canon to SF as the Fatal Fury Ovas making Terry a god is to the Fatal Fury games.
#1034  September 29, 2016, 10:16:53 pm
    • USA
What I linked is an official profile from Capcom's database, the SF wiki is fan run so it's not nearly as reputable.  I guess Violent Ken in SVC is supposed to have Orochi stuff the way Shin Akuma did in CVS2, but it doesn't change the fact that he's still brainwashed by Bison.
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:23:01 pm by Duos.act
#1035  September 30, 2016, 12:54:50 am
    • UK
The same database that changed up ruby hearts bio? To fit the sf setting
They make their own takes on characters constantly, kinda weird how brainwashed ken in sfa wasn't a mindless screaming lunatic like violent ken was (and orochi iori\Leona)

But this is an endless debate, one Side my sources were there before sfv, and your source for the.... SNK crossovers take on an evil ken was officially done by capcom
#1036  September 30, 2016, 04:23:51 pm
There are CvS sprites of Ken, including custom made ones. But no, let's use SF3 sprites against CvS Terry. --;
He could have done the same for Sean. No, he had to use SF3 sprites and when they're all running he used CvS sprites pasting the SF3 head on the sprites. Sakura, Blanka and Dan I can excuse since their CvS spritesets are their rescaled SFA ones, but the other three I cannot.

The animation starts at 9:32 and ends at 11:55

I won't mind the puppet animation used at times, but these are other pet peeves of mine:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:27:22 pm by AlexSin
#1037  September 30, 2016, 04:38:44 pm
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
since I got bored, I'll just end it in two hits"... what was even the point of showing Ken still alive at 11:45 if he gets murdered two/three seconds later? Ah yes, murdering, blood...
[/spoiler]

Would you have been happy if the battle ended in a draw? Like Ken be going "Nice fight, here's your hat."

This fight was...meh. Whoever the sprite animator was, it's almost as if the animator didn't use the full potential of the fighters. It was okay, but it wasn't good either. Where's Terry's Rising Tackle? Power Pave? Power Geyser? Hell, BUSTER WOLF!
Ken's tatsumaki, shinryuken. etc So many unused potential moves. This is like watching UFC, only without special moves. Worst part is, they talked about all that and didn't use it, sure, you can say that the animator couldn't find the time to do it but c'mon. Also, if one of the animators did so many "Research" on Superman vs. Goku, why not do this for ALL the fights, and use it to their fullest extent? Whether a new animator or not, if you want to showcase your skills as an animator, especially sprites, which is a lost art right now, you want to put a lot of work into it. Like heck, the Ryu vs. Scorpion by Proxicide from so long ago, that's how sprite fights SHOULD be done. A fight like this makes me feel that this is half-assed. Again, no disrespect to the animator, I'm sure he/she is talented, but somewhere along the time, there is going to be constructive criticism.
#1038  September 30, 2016, 05:02:17 pm
That was exactly what I meant.
No, it's not.
Why did you delete the post and reposted it again?

It could have been like this.
After the strange explosion from the ground wave, dust -> dust goes away -> only one man standing -> it's Terry -> Ken is lying on the ground, dead, covered in blood.
What's different? Ken is already dead when the dust goes away. I thought the explosion was the end of the fight, it would have made more sense in my opinion.
Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:14:00 pm by AlexSin
#1039  September 30, 2016, 05:40:58 pm
  • Ore no kobushi ga MAKANI MOERO!
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/aznpikachu215
Starting to think flash animation is a lost art now. Heck, I've seen sprite fights on Newgrounds that are like half-assed and feels like its not completed. Same applies to whoever the animator is. If anything, the animator should have used more sprites, or use CVS Ken, I'm sure these two are friendly rivals, Screwattack made it seem like they hate each other.
#1040  September 30, 2016, 05:48:38 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
To be fair even when they use custom made sprites it can be kinda screwed up... if I'm not mistaken for the Ryu vs Scorpion match they used SF3 sprites for Ryu, and when he turned to Evil Ryu they used Reu's sprites which are in SFA style... like why do that?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...