YesNoOk

Valodim's Thread 2006 (Read 36597 times)

Started by Valodim, December 31, 2005, 02:07:29 am
Share this topic:
Valodim's Thread
#201  April 10, 2006, 02:27:15 am
    • Germany
opinions on this were always rather split. just thought I'd try it for some days and see how people react :P
Valodim's Thread
#202  April 10, 2006, 02:29:36 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
i want my post account, it's the only thing i have ;_ ;
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

Valodim's Thread
#203  April 10, 2006, 02:40:44 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Valodim's Thread
#204  April 10, 2006, 02:44:19 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sweet. I like it.

DGJ

Valodim's Thread
#205  April 10, 2006, 03:19:35 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
I don't see what the point of post counts is and there's really no difference between custom title and personal text, so good job on finally getting rid of some useless stuff.

Valodim's Thread
#206  April 10, 2006, 03:38:17 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
Post count wouldn't be quite as necessary if we weren't able to change our display name, but since we can, it greatly helps reduce confusion, and saves quite a bit of full profile page checking.
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Valodim's Thread
#207  April 10, 2006, 03:40:04 am
  • :o
    • www.freewebs.com/ryouga2002/
The more you post, the more your penis will grow. Oh wait....we don't have "post counts" anymore. Too bad...... :(

In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea to put "post counts" as optional along with the Custom titles. I mean what's wrong with the custom titles?  ???  ::)
Each time someone says that, the favicon keeps being a fucking step arrow for 66 days. >:)
<--- >:)
"Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo and all my favorite cartoon heros, came to my room...and ate cookies with me...and sang songs for sixteen hours...Goddamn!" ~ Tyrone Biggums, from Dave Chapelle Show
Valodim's Thread
#208  April 10, 2006, 03:47:57 am
text around the posters information is screwed up too. Its only like that for people with no sig or short posts.

DGJ

Valodim's Thread
#209  April 10, 2006, 03:51:20 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
Post count wouldn't be quite as necessary if we weren't able to change our display name, but since we can, it greatly helps reduce confusion, and saves quite a bit of full profile page checking.

It's not like if Titiln suddenly changed his name I'd be able to recognize him by the number of posts he makes.  I'd be able to see he was a person who has made of lot of posts, yes, but that doesn't distinguish him from the hundreds of other Guild members who have made a lot of posts.

If that's your big concern, you should make a push to have the changing of display names removed.

Valodim's Thread
#210  April 10, 2006, 04:57:35 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Well the custom title is redundant and annoying, but I do think post count should be displayed. It's a good statistic.

EDIT: Actually, I think you should change it to display the number of days since user registration. :sugoi: I would beat Kung Fu Man!
Valodim's Thread
#211  April 10, 2006, 05:01:23 am
  • Back from the Realm of Darkness
    • USA
killed postcount and custom title. comments? good? sux? change back immediately?

Please bring them back. I really like both of them.

The post counts show your cometment to the forum, and custom title show your character and personality.

Please bring them back.
Valodim's Thread
#212  April 10, 2006, 05:05:35 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
and custom title show your character and personality.

You know I think this and this will more than suffice:

I own every episode of Dragonball Z on VHS

Kingdom Hearts Forum Ready for all.

::)
Valodim's Thread
#213  April 10, 2006, 05:10:46 am
  • Back from the Realm of Darkness
    • USA
Yes but my Custom Title was "The True HotHead", and I changed my personal text.

BTW

I also liked the feature were you could see what member were viewing a board, rather than "2 Members are viewing this board".
Valodim's Thread
#214  April 10, 2006, 05:13:36 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I'd rather go the minimalistic route.  Displayname, avatar and whether or not you are online at the moment.  The rest of it is garbage (for the main forum) and I'm glad that there is an option to not view signatures. 8)

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Valodim's Thread
#215  April 10, 2006, 07:38:51 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/

(Hover over the display name to see the account name, no need to extra-check any pages.)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Valodim's Thread
#216  April 10, 2006, 02:49:48 pm
    • Germany
Yah, I also changed the title to "View profile of memberName" now, instead of displayName. :P

and you can very well see how "devoted" the user is with the stars etc :P
Valodim's Thread
#217  April 10, 2006, 03:05:54 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
Yeah, I think I was thinking of either another board (where the profile link just includes the UID number) or a previous incarnation of this one, despite having pointed out the profile URL check to others repeatedly.  :S
Anyway, I still want the post count displayed, regardless.  >=P  For various secret reasons.

Why is the "delete selected" button in such a different style than the others?
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Valodim's Thread
#218  April 10, 2006, 07:44:50 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I'm remembering the UID too.  When you posted, it is magically at username.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Valodim's Thread
#219  April 11, 2006, 07:40:20 am
  • SNK is life
The Custom Title gone = :thumbsup:
Postcount = :thumbsdown:

but then again ... having a system based on stars only, is A-OK :-*
keep it like that for a month, to see if people actually miss it :P
Valodim's Thread
#220  April 11, 2006, 07:40:55 am
  • SNK is life
Stepmania Theme needs the WARN USER image