YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 620013 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Updates and more?
#221  October 03, 2020, 02:33:19 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica

I would have liked to see Galford with Pots gameplay, but in the end Kaede or Moriya can fit him well with that style of gameplay.
#222  October 03, 2020, 03:46:35 pm
I voted Rugal, Zangief and Bishamon (I wonder if Rugal has his God Mode included as well as Bishamon having his Oboro mode?)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#223  October 03, 2020, 03:51:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Voted Jedah, Leo and Kaede.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#224  October 03, 2020, 04:04:28 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
#225  October 03, 2020, 05:10:12 pm
they say Shion is a guy, more of a chick to me!
#226  October 03, 2020, 05:16:36 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Voted Zabel, Jedah and Shiki.
#227  October 03, 2020, 07:34:54 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Gai Tendo, all the way through, hehe
#228  October 03, 2020, 07:37:20 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Shion, Ukyo and Shiki.
#229  October 03, 2020, 08:15:04 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
voted Jedah, Q-Bee and Shiki
#230  October 03, 2020, 08:20:50 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Adel, Gai and Kaede.
#231  October 03, 2020, 09:51:26 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Voted just Rimururu. Big mistake? I think not :V
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#232  October 04, 2020, 03:00:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I think I'll choose Leo, Bishamon and Kaede. I don't main any of them, but I'm a stinger towards swordsman characters. If I choose one I want the most, I'll have to be Kaede as he's the main protagonist of Last Blade series.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#233  October 04, 2020, 04:01:16 am
    • lioipaz2010@hotmail.com
voted Mina Majikina, I want to see Viofitz cvs spriteset in action.
#234  October 04, 2020, 04:04:16 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Voted Akari, Hibiki and Jedah. I'm especially insistent on Akari (and Hotaru) in particular. :P
#235  October 04, 2020, 06:54:51 am
Personally, I am really looking forward for Iori update.
Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 07:35:59 am by GreenZed
#236  October 12, 2020, 03:01:51 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Personally, I am really looking forward for Iori update.

I am looking forward to updating Iori too!! While I think he's very solid for my third character, there's a lot of issues that went unnoticed on development and some bugs that are due to my limited coding experience. There's also issues related to me being a bit tired of Iori at the end of the developing cycle, which lead to throw away some interesting things I had planned to do with him in the first place.

He's being updated with Blanka and Rose after I finish with Haohmaru and Genjuro, expect him to drop late December hopefully with the release of the character being decided by the poll going on.

This being said, now that things settled down and we only have to wait for the results (which by the way even I can't see the results), I'd like to talk about what's coming up on the incoming months. As expected, picking up teaching hours lead up to me having a rather limited time, which probably will slow down the monthly releases I've been dropping. I'm still consistently working on some projects, tho:

Haohmaru and Genjuro update
https://streamable.com/fo1z5c
(Here are Haohmaru's normals done (still missing FXs, damages were adjusted after the video), while also flexing sabockee's AMAZING new rasetsu stance)

I'm making Haohmaru! The movelist will be very similar to Chazzanova's, tho recoded to match accurate CvS2 data. The major change will be on Issen, something that will be also reflected on my Genjuro. The decision is not 100% final but I think I'll implement SSVSP Rage Explosion as a lvl 3 on all of my CvSesque SamSho characters. The idea is simple, 3 meter combo breaker that leaves both you and your opponent in neutral and installs Rage. You are also able to perform Issen, a move that will still do damage depending on low your lifebar is. I might make it so you can't charge the powerbar after using Rage Explosion in any means, reflecting how you break the rage bar on SSVSP after exploding.

The idea behind this is to facilitate the designing of a level 3 for SamSho characters that have hard to adapt "ultimate" moves like Genjuro (I COULD make a hit command grab for his fatality) or Rasetsumaru (his fatality is impossible to adapt because he rips he heart of the chest of the opponent). I'm still not sure if I'll give Genjuro an unique level 3 and make it so Rage Explosion level 3 is available only on Bust/Rasetsu modes, or if I'll give the Rage Explosion option to all the SamSho characters no matter if they have another level 3 or not.

As hinted, while revamping Genj I'm also adding Bust Mode to his arsenal, based off SS3. It's been a little bit hard to give him a solid identity considering SSV merging took away from Bust the most unique difference (bouncing card), but my plan is to also give him things from regular Genj that haven't made into the normal mode arsenal, like his slow unblockable from SvC:C or his super from Sen.

Last, I doubt these two will be my only SamSho characters converted in this style. Let's say VioFitz's Mina is haunting my dreams.

Ash Crimson
You might have know it already, either for figuring it out from FeLo's post or because you are part of MFG Discord server, but I'm adapting Ash Crimson to Jmorphman's gameplay!

https://streamable.com/g96eaz

Frame data and hitboxes were designed by studying and comparing both CvS2 and XIII Iori. His progress is slower compared to my other works in progress because he is still being sprited. His identity as a character will be signed by his versatility, with natural amazing zoning (he's french Guile afterall!) but also good juggle potential, powerful corner game, and dangerous Sans Culotte combos. As a tradeoff, his damage will be rather low, and his comboing will rely a lot on having Sans Culotte to do damage.

I'm very pleased with the direction of this project, I hope you guys are hyped too.

That's it for today. The results of the poll are surprisingly close, with 4 contenders going head to head and a fifth option not falling far behind. I hope the result pleases everyone, tho ;D

vyn

#237  October 12, 2020, 03:36:38 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

Color me excited for Ash. Very much so.
#238  October 12, 2020, 07:49:58 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Really cool to see that new rasetsumaru standing animation in action
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#239  October 12, 2020, 10:47:23 am
  • Indeed
Ash Crimson
You might have know it already, either for figuring it out from FeLo's post or because you are part of MFG Discord server, but I'm adapting Ash Crimson to Jmorphman's gameplay!

For a second I thought Ash was the poll winner and was very confused. I'm not exactly an Ash fan, but if it's you making him, I'll still play him!
#240  October 12, 2020, 11:09:27 am
KarmaCharmeleon said:
I hope you guys are hyped too.
:flipout: I am.