YesNoOk

The most hated Fighting game (Read 25559 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, July 19, 2012, 09:04:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The most hated Fighting game
#61  July 22, 2012, 03:54:47 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Characters
Pretty boring and easy to forget. none of the characters have much of a story to them. :P

Mechanics
It bothers me that they haven't changed anything about the mechanics sense there old games. besides making it slightly easier for noobs to mash!!

Stages
I like the stages. :)
#62  July 22, 2012, 03:58:42 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#63  July 22, 2012, 03:59:51 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#64  July 22, 2012, 04:12:40 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#65  July 22, 2012, 06:35:15 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It bothers me that they haven't changed anything about the mechanics sense there old games.
1. It's SINCE.
2. They've changed the mechanics quite a bit and the game is extremely technical, it's OK if you dislike the game since it's not for everyone but you're just talking out of your ass. Next time do your homework before coming up with stupid arguments.
#66  July 22, 2012, 11:57:34 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
all fighting games with character dlc.

GOH

#67  July 22, 2012, 02:47:44 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
You mean paid DLC.

You don't hate TTT2 do you?
#68  July 22, 2012, 03:59:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
ah paid dlc, yes of course.
#69  July 22, 2012, 08:46:44 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
What about KOFXIII?

Nobody ever seems to care that SNK did the same thing Capcom did.
#70  July 22, 2012, 11:30:04 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
nowhere near as disgustingly as locking out half the goddamned roster to paid dlc, so no not really
#71  July 23, 2012, 12:38:13 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Technically it was a lot less than half, but 3 as opposed to 12, where the three were actually public home tests to finalize their inclusion in Climax doesn't strike to me as hard as "We already planned it from the start", and besides those three characters weren't included in the original arcade version.
(While EX Iori was originally planned for XII, so were Billy, King and Yuri. And while EX Iori was spotted in name via arcade dev screenshots, they never said he'd make it in for sure.)

I see no reason to complain over what SNKP did. At least not as dramatically as what happened with SFxT.
#72  July 23, 2012, 12:47:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The scale is definitely different but it's the same concept.
#73  July 23, 2012, 12:51:02 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
With KOF13 the DLC characters are primarily alternatives.  Kyo, Iori and Takuma are already in the game, and you can buy these if you want to play a different version of them.  It's still incredibly scummy, just slightly less so than locking out legitimately new characters.
#74  July 23, 2012, 12:54:39 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#75  July 23, 2012, 01:18:37 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
#76  July 23, 2012, 04:32:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The scale is definitely different but it's the same concept.

it's exactly that, the scale is different enough to make a difference (redundancy); if one has to argue that the scale does not matter then a simple example of sellling you a game with just 1 character while the rest of the characters are dlc can be made.
#77  July 23, 2012, 04:37:53 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
What about KOFXIII?

Nobody ever seems to care that SNK did the same thing Capcom did.

Characters you have to buy to play additional to a fighting game are generally shit.

However, Capcom really overdid it with SFXT, especially since they were on the disc already.

It was a crappy move by Warner that the 4 characters Skarlet,Freddie,Rain,Kenshi were additional dlc, it was crap by SNK to not just add the alternative versions of Iori and Kyo.

It sucks in general, but my personal main reason to not buy SFXT is the dlc shit. And therefore i "hate" it..or better said, the people behind this crappy move.

#78  July 23, 2012, 09:31:04 pm
  • Causcasian fellows can, in fact, leap! GO BROOKLYN
    • ourc.trinitymugen.net
Characters
Pretty boring and easy to forget. none of the characters have much of a story to them. :P

Mechanics
It bothers me that they haven't changed anything about the mechanics sense there old games. besides making it slightly easier for noobs to mash!!

Stages
I like the stages. :)

Wait, don't you like Bleach?
Select Filmography: Do The White Thing, Brooklyn, The Assassination of Malcolm Little, Love & Racketball, He Has Extraordinary Skill, Flimflamed, Tales from the Neighborhood
#79  July 23, 2012, 11:19:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Technically it was a lot less than half, but 3 as opposed to 12, where the three were actually public home tests to finalize their inclusion in Climax doesn't strike to me as hard as "We already planned it from the start", and besides those three characters weren't included in the original arcade version.
(While EX Iori was originally planned for XII, so were Billy, King and Yuri. And while EX Iori was spotted in name via arcade dev screenshots, they never said he'd make it in for sure.)

I see no reason to complain over what SNKP did. At least not as dramatically as what happened with SFxT.
KOF XIII Pricing = $15 for three characters that are sorta different gameplay wise but not design-wise
SFxT Pricing = $20 for 12 "brand new" characters (Yeah, there's the whole deal with the characters "ported" from SF4)
#80  July 23, 2012, 11:37:21 pm
  • SNK is life
Yeah, the prices for all 3 characters is equivalent to 75% of the total price of 300% more characters in SFxT

But being honest, 5 characters out of those 12 are just ported from SSF4, so it's only 7 actually.

... then again Mr Karate already existed as a Takuma alt, so we got ripped off? BUT THEY CAME WITH THEIR OWN STAGE!

I don't know, Capcom is just scumbaggy like that, and people would rather hate them easier than they'd hate on SNKP