YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1692097 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Sakura by BK) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits of Varying Quality
#661  March 07, 2020, 01:18:47 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Okay, Sakura updated. Most of the listed issues have been fixed, at least the more hurtful ones. (New) Ryu has also been updated to be compatible.
Dark Sakura could have the Air Hadouken. Just an Idea!
Might just do it.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#662  March 07, 2020, 06:01:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Just tested the update and I found two issues:
-Her special intro with Ryu doesn't play and only the normal intros once the match is loaded for the 1st time unless the round is reset using F4. If you set your debug options to be turned off, Sakura's will never play except for Ryu's.
-The strong ground shockwave on Haru Ranman is misaligned and plays when Sakura lands on the opponent, not when they hit the ground (Which there is already a strong ground shockwave sound effect for).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#663  March 07, 2020, 11:31:28 am
    • UK
Just tested the update and I found two issues:
-Her special intro with Ryu doesn't play and only the normal intros once the match is loaded for the 1st time unless the round is reset using F4. If you set your debug options to be turned off, Sakura's will never play except for Ryu's.
-The strong ground shockwave on Haru Ranman is misaligned and plays when Sakura lands on the opponent, not when they hit the ground (Which there is already a strong ground shockwave sound effect for).

Intro stuff fixed.
I'll see about the shockwave thing. I wanted to add Impact to the final kick, that's why the effect plays there.
WIP Schedule:
#664  March 07, 2020, 11:35:01 am
    • Japan

Nice update sakura, Great :)
#665  March 07, 2020, 01:51:40 pm
    • UK
The Ryu Intro should be 100% fixed now, so redownload fellas.
WIP Schedule:
#666  March 08, 2020, 02:33:45 pm
I like that you brought back the EX version of her dragon punch from pots version its way better.
Again though the hit pauses make no sense for  such a fast paced move.
POTS had them pretty much spot on. Same for her normal dragon punch.
Same goes for some of her level 1s and 2s the df df two kick super.

For some reason she cant chain between her crouching lows as well.
Like CLP and CLK.
Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:42:20 pm by PeXXeR
#667  March 08, 2020, 02:44:13 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#668  March 08, 2020, 03:09:20 pm
    • UK
Well I edit who I feel belongs in my roster.
If I had the interest for "Guest" Characters (As I like to call them, with what you linked being an example) beyond Marvel and Tekken I'd go for it.
WIP Schedule:
#669  March 08, 2020, 10:31:47 pm
    • USA

Another suggestion since I mentioned it earlier during Sakura's feedback. Are you going to edit his Karin as well? I did left feedback for him as I noticed some issues, but he doesn't seem to understand them even though I was being clear about it. So I was hoping you would take over instead since you know what you're doing. Judging by the screenshot for Sakura, you probably might as I noticed Karin's size is rescaled.

Also, since you're taking a while with Zero, I was thinking about making my own version using OHMSBY's style using the resources from that beta. Haven't started it yet as it's just an idea and still trying to get progress on Mario, don't know when you are going to get around it.
#670  March 08, 2020, 10:37:20 pm
    • UK
Another suggestion since I mentioned it earlier during Sakura's feedback. Are you going to edit his Karin as well? I did left feedback for him as I noticed some issues, but he doesn't seem to understand them even though I was being clear about it. So I was hoping you would take over instead since you know what you're doing. Judging by the screenshot for Sakura, you probably might as I noticed Karin's size is rescaled.

Also, since you're taking a while with Zero, I was thinking about making my own version using OHMSBY's style using the resources from that beta. Haven't started it yet as it's just an idea and still trying to get progress on Mario, don't know when you are going to get around it.

I rescaled the Karin for the sake of Consistency, but it's a possibility.

Still not brave enough for Zero, despite the "better than nothing" preview I did a while back.
I'm okay with you starting an OHMSBY version, it's not the same style after all. Have you tried Giang's edit by any chance yet?
WIP Schedule:
#671  March 08, 2020, 11:24:22 pm
    • USA

Still not brave enough for Zero, despite the "better than nothing" preview I did a while back.
I'm okay with you starting an OHMSBY version, it's not the same style after all. Have you tried Giang's edit by any chance yet?
Alright, hope you do consider it as she has a couple of issues that may never be fixed by Bahamian himself.

I guess you want to make him good as possible with high expectations. I don't blame you as Zero is not the type of character you want to mess up on.

My idea was to keep the current MvC combo attacks, while yours could stick true with the regular PotS style without them. Why no, I haven't yet actually. Since you mentioned that, I'll go download him. Maybe they're might be something I could use and will credit him if I do.
#672  March 24, 2020, 08:34:50 pm

Alright, hope you do consider it as she has a couple of issues that may never be fixed by Bahamian himself.

I guess you want to make him good as possible with high expectations. I don't blame you as Zero is not the type of character you want to mess up on.

My idea was to keep the current MvC combo attacks, while yours could stick true with the regular PotS style without them. Why no, I haven't yet actually. Since you mentioned that, I'll go download him. Maybe they're might be something I could use and will credit him if I do.

i do understand the things need to be fix on sakura and karin. im just to lazy right now to do so. i was going to share deejay and a few more chars i was gonna update to current pots style like cammy and yuri etc. but i might cancel all that i have planned and just keep them for myself. i feel no matter how best i try to help bring life to these old chars nobody will really appreciate it. since you all think raging does a wonderful job of making the chars play better than i leave it all to him. i had many chars to come but im just not really motivated nomore. sorry to all who actually like the chars i shared. peace and take care
#673  March 24, 2020, 09:43:31 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
You're wrong. I like very much of your chars and this is a sad decision you maked. It's very drastic. Mugen need more stuff like your chars. Don't give up man. If you don't liked the edit of Rowen, you need only say to him stop make this with your material. That's all.
#674  March 24, 2020, 09:50:22 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
You're wrong. I like very much of your chars and this is a sad decision you maked. It's very drastic. Mugen need more stuff like your chars. Don't give up man. If you don't liked the edit of Rowen, you need only say to him stop make this with your material. That's all.

^This
#675  March 24, 2020, 10:36:53 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
but i might cancel all that i have planned and just keep them for myself. i feel no matter how best i try to help bring life to these old chars nobody will really appreciate it. since you all think raging does a wonderful job of making the chars play better than i leave it all to him. i had many chars to come but im just not really motivated nomore. sorry to all who actually like the chars i shared. peace and take care

What? BK, you have no idea how many people came after me asking about your next releases specially Dee Jay that a lot of people are waiting for the release for so long.
#676  March 25, 2020, 11:52:51 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
are you serious BK? please don't go, we actually love your chars, and that you did a good job. just don't give up.
#677  March 26, 2020, 03:06:58 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I agree with everyone else as well. BK, your a fucking stud and have made great characters that I use all the time. I'm sure you've heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and although RR isn't imitating your chars, he's just making adjustments, it's all out respect and love for your characters. He edits and fixes minor things, while you the creators can focus on what you do best, creating. You never really see RR just editing anyone's characters, he seems to only address the ones that he really cares about and values.
It's just like when ANY author writes a book, the next step is to have the editor go over it and make minor adjustments. The editor doesn't do that so the author feels unappreciated or untalented, they do it so that the product is as perfect as it can be. Without the author, there wouldn't be anything to edit. No offense to RR, but I only download the edits because people say things are fixed on them, but when it comes to gameplay, I can't ever tell the difference myself, so in my mind, they're still your characters (which they are), and play just like your characters did before they were edited, which is why I downloaded them to begin with. Again, when I read a book, I give all credit to the author for what I just read, not the editor. Although I'm grateful for the editors work and correcting or tweaking anything that the author may have overlooked while creating his/her masterpiece, I still give entire credit to the author. This is literally the same exact thing completely. I hope you reconsider your decision and realize how important and loved your creations truly are, which excuse my language, is a fuck load.
#678  March 26, 2020, 05:54:23 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
My dude... please, don't say or do this, you are literally the reason i still like POTS Styled Characters.
#679  March 26, 2020, 05:58:39 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
BK. Why are you suddenly quitting MUGEN now?
I really, really love your edits! Especially your Hibiki edit!
Don't be so negative for yourself!
This is fate.
#680  March 26, 2020, 11:05:16 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I think I know wutz up with BK...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said: