YesNoOk

How to detect if the enemy is in the corner/absolute edge of the stage? (Read 2901 times)

Started by WastedCoder, July 14, 2022, 03:59:24 pm
Share this topic:
How to detect if the enemy is in the corner/absolute edge of the stage?
#1  July 14, 2022, 03:59:24 pm
    • Ukraine
Hey, guys.
I want a character to have a different kind of combo, when the enemy is at the absolute edge of the stage.
I tried to use backedge trigger for this, but it doesn't seem to be triggering at all. (the char is for mugen 1.1)

This is a changestate:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I was using backedgedist before, but it appears to be relying on the camera position, which results into the combo being activated when the enemy is in the middle of the stage, but at the edge of the screen. That's not what I am trying to achieve. I suppose I am not using backedge trigger right, but there is not much info in the docs. Any help will be appreciated.
Re: How to detect if the enemy is in the corner/absolute edge of the stage?
#2  July 15, 2022, 07:32:57 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Backedgedist was indeed what you wanted. You may want to try with a lower value because 50 is still a bit far from the corner.

Sadly I don't think there's a way to find the actual corner of the stage instead of the corner of the screen, so you can exploit that combo in Simul if your partner is locking the camera. Not a big deal in my opinion.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: How to detect if the enemy is in the corner/absolute edge of the stage?
#3  July 16, 2022, 12:48:30 pm
    • Ukraine
Backedgedist was indeed what you wanted. You may want to try with a lower value because 50 is still a bit far from the corner.

Sadly I don't think there's a way to find the actual corner of the stage instead of the corner of the screen, so you can exploit that combo in Simul if your partner is locking the camera. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Yeah, I guess. Just decided to ask, in case I was missing something. I've put 20 and it works fine. Thank you. The main reason for me to make this combo is that the regular one doesn't work properly near the wall, plus I see it as a nice touch ^-^
Not a big deal indeed. Thank you once again. :)