YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 650067 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New 2D Fighting Game SkullGirls Coming in 2012
#481  April 09, 2012, 08:37:37 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Is there going to be a demo?  I'm still not really sold on this game, but I figure I should at least give it a fair shake.
#482  April 09, 2012, 08:39:57 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

MDD

#483  April 09, 2012, 09:05:43 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Yeah, I know i've been bashing the game the whole time, and I still hate the designs mind you, but i'll play the demo before I reach a final judgement on the gameplay.

Who knows, might change my mind and actually buy this. MIGHT.
#484  April 09, 2012, 09:11:10 pm
My friend will be streaming this all day tomorrow. I'll post a link. We'll be playing first to tens and stuff. Anyone who wants in, let me know. I'll be posting first impressions too.

Anyway, damn, this is the first game in a while that I'm really excited to take into training mode. Just imagine, the freedom of X-Men Vs Street Fighters combo engine but without the infinites. And then you add custom assists and variable team sizes to the mix. The possibilities are endless.

I'm still more hyped for the actual classic Mahvel style gameplay though. Can't wait to Iad all over people heh.
Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:38:05 pm by Squire Grooktook
#485  April 09, 2012, 09:13:42 pm
    • Thailand
Because of Mugen, when I see new 2D games, I only care about the sprites.
#486  April 09, 2012, 11:30:00 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#487  April 09, 2012, 11:39:04 pm
  • SNK is life
If that's their concept of cinematic ... well.

The music reminds me of the instruments used by Capcom in the CVS2 games of the nineties.
#488  April 10, 2012, 06:13:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
not much of a cinematic, I like the concept of having cds and posters with the characters concepts tho.
#489  April 10, 2012, 06:20:07 am
not much of a cinematic
If that's their concept of cinematic ... well.

I like how everyone keeps forgetting that this is an indie game with a tight budget. If you want an epic hand drawn animated intro, then you're just going to have buy the game and have all your friends do so. That way they'll have enough of a budget for one in Skullgirls 2.

#490  April 10, 2012, 06:25:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#491  April 10, 2012, 06:31:03 am
I like how everyone keeps forgetting that this is an indie game with a tight budget.

Yea no. I'm not buying that.
Ok, so where pray tell are they going to find the money for an animated intro, when they've already spent it all, and have reached the release date? Would you like to personally send it to them and then start a petition for another delay so that we have have an intro better then the one Arcana Heart had?
#492  April 10, 2012, 06:39:59 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you do realize that you dont have to white knight them at the risk that they explode, dont you?
#493  April 10, 2012, 06:46:49 am
Ha, you think this is bad? Try and say something bad about Mvc2 and all the Marvel games that came prior to it. Go ahead. You will regret those keystrokes for the rest of your life.
#494  April 10, 2012, 06:50:11 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
MVC2 was shitty, broken and unfinished yet widely played because it was retardedly fun despite having like only 8 viable characters in it.
Anyone could pick that shit up, play it and have a good old time.
MVC1 and everything prior was basically WOLVERINE WINS besides XvSF where everyone but Charlie was good. :V

If you meant design-wise, MVC2 had bad aesthetic choices but errbody knows that.
#495  April 10, 2012, 06:51:25 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
MVC2 is a horribly broken sloppily done copy-paste mess that's only redeeming values are dat jazz, and Yipes.  :twisted:
#496  April 10, 2012, 06:51:57 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I already said a lot about those, in these same threads. I would have preferred a marvel super heroes 2 to a marvel vs capcom 3. I even criticized sfxtekken lack of inclusion of the short movies.  I just didnt keep repeating it with my only posts in those threads being the same thing repeated over and over.

There being nutjobs that defend those games as if they were their life doesnt mean you should have to be that kind of nutjob.

I think you can see clear faults with the game, including the number of chars for a three on three fighting mode.
#497  April 10, 2012, 06:52:22 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#498  April 10, 2012, 07:07:41 am
I'm not sure if I'm incredibly angry, or that's just the sauce I just had with my spaghetti. Whatever, I'll humor you guys and talk about Mahvel just to show I wasn't talking out of my ass.

only 8 viable characters in it.
No. It had ten at the least.

Fun Fact #1: Even with 10 viable characters, Mvc2 still has a thousand times more depth then most series have in their entirety.

Fun Fact #2: Ban those 10 characters and suddenly everyone is viable. HA.

Anyone could pick that shit up, play it and have a good old time.
Ha ha ha yeah right. The game that even hardcore players are constantly quitting because it's "too hard" is easy to pick up.
MVC1 and everything prior was basically WOLVERINE WINS besides XvSF where everyone but Charlie was good. :V
Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you pulling shit out of your ass? You know FIVE characters were god tier in Xmvssf. And the top tiers were VERY close behind. Wolverine? Have you fucking seen what Iron Man and Orange Venom can do? What about Chun Li iad pressure, Strider death traps, Gambit infinites, and Mega Man countering plenty of characters despite being mid tier? And fuck man, Charly ISN'T LOW TIER IN XMVSSF. In fact he was high tier in two different tier lists.

Mc2, you're the ignoramous that said Mvc2 was all about execution. You lost the right to be taken seriously opening your mouth up about the game.

I already said a lot about those, in these same threads. I would have preferred a marvel super heroes 2 to a marvel vs capcom 3. I even criticized sfxtekken lack of inclusion of the short movies.  I just didnt keep repeating it with my only posts in those threads being the same thing repeated over and over.

There being nutjobs that defend those games as if they were their life doesnt mean you should have to be that kind of nutjob.

I think you can see clear faults with the game, including the number of chars for a three on three fighting mode.

I'm not talking about how bad Mvc3 is. I'm talking about how GOOD the previous games were.

But to be serious now, I merely respond to anything I think is fallacious. Is 8 characters a fault? It's the result of a lack of resources. Would you rather they delayed the game another year? And how do you propose we convince Konami to give them more funding for a game that might not even be a financial success in the first place?

Also considering the custom assists mechanic, the different team sizes, and the fact that Mvc2 lived for years without any of those innovations, I don't think it will be a problem.

To be completely honest, I don't see any true "mistakes" in Sg. When I say mistakes, I'm talking about gameplay mechanics that hinder the meta game. The only thing I see is finite resources and realism. I think X-Men Vs Street Fighter is a perfect game in all but two ways: The infinites, and the inclusion of Akuma and Ken over possible more interesting characters. Remove those two, and I would see no true flaws in that game besides subjective "I don't like it because it's not my kind of thing" arguments.

Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:14:25 am by Squire Grooktook
#499  April 10, 2012, 07:13:56 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
HEY, WHERE'S MY REGRET FOR THOSE KEYSTROKES!  >:(
#500  April 10, 2012, 07:17:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ok, so where pray tell are they going to find the money for an animated intro, when they've already spent it all, and have reached the release date? Would you like to personally send it to them and then start a petition for another delay so that we have have an intro better then the one Arcana Heart had?
If they could get BioWare to cave in and make a new ending DLC, I'm sure they can get these guys to make a new intro. Brilliant plan.

Doesn't change the fact that the intro sucked and they definitely could have done better despite their budget. They just got lazy, like when they decided to add the the infinite prevention system.

Also MvC2 was terrible and is really just one big guilty pleasure for everyone that plays it.