YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 652789 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re:
#621  April 12, 2012, 08:34:46 am
Squire didnt whiteknight shit he just said its similar to old marvel games without friends which is a valid statement. Stop acting stupid
Re: New 2D Fighting Game SkullGirls Coming in 2012
#622  April 12, 2012, 08:41:02 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Also a bullshit reason. He was disregarding the game because of the ips on the first page of the Mugen Infantry thread. Long before I posted about it.

You were constantly talking about it for months. You constantly praising it and saying how Skullgirls was practically going to be the holy grail of fighting games and the greatest shit ever made since Marvel 2 eventually annoyed me to hell and turned me off this game.

Squire didnt whiteknight shit he just said its similar to old marvel games without friends which is a valid statement. Stop acting stupid

And you weren't there sitting through all those praiseful comments.
#623  April 12, 2012, 08:42:08 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Nigga you haven't spent more than a page here have you.

Also Moo you would call it a successor to the Vs. games if Logan was in it and not Eddie-with-claws. :V
Filia can suck it
Shit I meant Ms. Fortune but whaddaya know, they're both the most overused chars atm. :V
Also,
I like Peacock better anyways.
MAH NIGGA.
#624  April 12, 2012, 08:56:30 am
Also a bullshit reason. He was disregarding the game because of the ips on the first page of the Mugen Infantry thread. Long before I posted about it.

You were constantly talking about it for months. You constantly praising it and saying how Skullgirls was practically going to be the holy grail of fighting games and the greatest shit ever made since Marvel 2 eventually annoyed me to hell and turned me off this game.
That has nothing to do with the fact that you were turned off from the game before we even met. Like I said, you said the ips system turned you off on the first page of the Mi page. Long before I ever posted anything on the internet about the game.

Anyway, yeah, I'v been praising the game on it's first 2 days. Sue me. Obviously I'm not going to keep posting about the game praising it for it's entire life time, other then to say "yeah it's a really fun game" if someone asks me of my opinion on it. If asked to elaborate, I'd explain a bit more why I respect it.

And honestly, I will continue to defend the game if someone says something is wrong with it which I believe to be false. I don't mind people finding subjective faults in the games I like. I understand that for some people, the brokenness of the marvel series might eclipse how good the gameplay is otherwise. But that's not what I would defend. If somebody says something is wrong with the game, that I will object to because, for me something being deliberately wrong with a fighter is a lot more objective. A dragon punch being nonpunishable under all circumstances would be wrong. And although most flaws in fighters are a lot less drastic, many still have them. SO FAR, I have not encountered anything in Skullgirls that is "wrong".

This isn't just for games that I'm a fan of. I don't play Vampire Savior. I respect it. I think it's a good game. But subjectively, it's not my thing. However, if people were to start talking shit about it and saying it was flawed, I would defend the game readily. Because, in my opinion, that game is close to perfection for what it sets out to do.
#625  April 12, 2012, 09:23:13 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
You wouldn't shut up about how this was the second coming of Christ long before since it came out. Try again. These last pages have been mostly nothing but that. :V

Also... pushblocks not being covered through the tutorial.
How do you think this will affect new players/people unfamiliar with Vampire and the Vs. series?
EDIT: And JoJo but who plays that anymore? ;_____;
#626  April 12, 2012, 09:31:35 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
drop this. we need more relevant posts about the game than arguing about posting about the game
#627  April 12, 2012, 09:41:53 am
You wouldn't shut up about how this was the second coming of Christ long before since it came out. Try again. These last pages have been mostly nothing but that. :V
If you're responding to my response to Darkflares, that's not what I'm talking about. Df is claiming that I'm the sole reason for him not being interested in the game. Even if that were a valid reason for not being interested in a game, he declared he was uninterested in the game before the first post I made on the subject. So bullshit.

And anyway, I didn't expect or say it was going to be the best fighter ever. In fact, I didn't expect it to be better then Mvc2 or Guilty Gear. I expected it to be better then most of the recent fighters, and about on par with the Mvc1 games, if you must know. So far, the game has perfectly met my expectations. But I will wait to see how the game grows and evolves before I decide if it is better or worse then those games.

Also... pushblocks not being covered through the tutorial.
How do you think this will affect new players/people unfamiliar with Vampire and the Vs. series?
EDIT: And JoJo but who plays that anymore? ;_____;
That's not a gameplay flaw though. I only defend gameplay flaws. Also, while I would never excuse something that was key to competitive gameplay on the grounds of the team not having enough time or money, I would very much excuse something that was not important to it (music/tutorials/bonus modes/ect).
#628  April 12, 2012, 09:44:37 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
There are times where the characters will revert into hit boxes. I've also had a few online issues where more than one alternate voice clip will play at once.
#629  April 12, 2012, 09:55:49 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
That's not a gameplay flaw though.
Who said it was?
I was just discussing a general issue over potential new entrants who may feel uncomfortable for not knowing about something as vital as pushblocks.
Should Reverge add that bit in as an extra chapter in the basic Defense tutorial? Or should they leave it as something people should figure out on their own?
#630  April 12, 2012, 09:59:37 am
That's not a gameplay flaw though.
Who said it was?
I was just discussing a general issue over potential new entrants who may feel uncomfortable for not knowing about something as vital as pushblocks.
Should Reverge add that bit in as an extra chapter in the basic Defense tutorial? Or should they leave it as something people should figure out on their own?
Oh

Well saying that right after what I said made it seem like it was a response.

But yeah, they should add that. Push blocking is important, especially because of how drastically it can effect a lot of mix up. I think they said they might be adding more stuff to the tutorial section, though I'm not sure. They left a lot of stuff to be patched in later. Hopefully they'll get around to it.
#631  April 12, 2012, 03:18:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#632  April 12, 2012, 03:40:03 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The game is out. It's considered objectively good by a lot of people. Cut this stupid bullshit out already. If you don't plan on buying or playing the game, then now is the perfect time to stop telling everyone.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#633  April 12, 2012, 05:50:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

So, insanius how good do you think this game is compared, to let's say, melty blood ?
#634  April 12, 2012, 06:15:42 pm
    • USA
Downloading the full game tomorrow. 

Cerebella is definitely going to be my main. My god, her damage output is just amazing!
#635  April 12, 2012, 08:39:09 pm
Df is claiming that I'm the sole reason for him not being interested in the game.

Squire's white knighting is one of the main reasons I disregard this game so much.

Don't put words in my mouth, k thnx.
Ok. But it's still bullshit. The fact is, all my arguing didn't change your opinion about the game. At all. You were saying you didn't like it because you thought the ips showed laziness back at Mi, before we talked. You were saying that you didn't like it because of the ips when we were talking. And you were still bitching about laziness just two days ago. Nothing I have said has succeeded in altering your opinion on the game one way or the other. And honestly, that's better then actually being turned off of on a game because you don't like one fan. If I have added one more reason for you not to play the game, it's irrelevant because you already made up your mind not to play it because of several reasons long before you met me.

Honestly, if you're so much of a hipster that you'll let praise for a game, any game,  discourage you from playing it. Then that's just sad.

No offense, I still love you though.

And one last thing on the subject of excessive praise: I talk this way about all the games I like. Not just fighters, but any game I play that I feel is excellent. Which is often because I tend to be picky with what games I play. I'm an enthusiastic person, and I often do rave to friends about good games I'v recently played. Don't like enthusiasm? Too bad. Have fun on the planet of the hipsters.

Ps: And it's not like I go on raving about the games I enjoy for a month. Praise for the first few days. Big deal.
Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:43:16 pm by Squire Grooktook
#636  April 12, 2012, 09:08:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Squire, when Temp asked people to stop dragging it out, maybe you should stop doing it as well.
Cool your seahorses.
#637  April 12, 2012, 09:14:23 pm
K I'm done.
#638  April 12, 2012, 10:41:44 pm
    • USA
What are some good Bnbs for Filia and Celebella?
#639  April 12, 2012, 10:46:06 pm
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Mash. that's the best advice I can give you. :D

Also Moo you would call it a successor to the Vs. games if Logan was in it and not Eddie-with-claws. :V
Filia can suck it
Shit I meant Ms. Fortune but whaddaya know, they're both the most overused chars atm. :V
Also,
I like Peacock better anyways.
MAH NIGGA.
What can I say? Peacock is fun. I tried Ms.Fortune and she's okay and I'll probably use her, but eh. Peacock is better.  ;)
No
#640  April 12, 2012, 11:12:34 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
*sigh*  Okay.  This is me eating my words.

I've been fooling around with the demo some more, and I've come to realize that this game is actually a decent measure better than my initial impressions led me to believe.  Maybe it just took me some time to get used to the system or whatever, I don't know.  But I'm enjoying it a lot more now.  I still think that a lot of the aesthetic reeks of trying way too hard, but there's a lot more to enjoy here than I initially gave it credit for.

I may end up getting the full game yet, if for no other reason than that I still adore Peacock's design.