YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 642793 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Skullgirls
#721  April 20, 2012, 01:37:32 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I decided to try skull girls out yesterday and i already hate the game. This game really need a rebalanced patch asap. My main is Mrs.Valentine, i hate that she does so little damage compare to everyone else even when you do like a 20 to 30 hit combo it barely takes any damage. People who use Peacock i have now just realize all they do is run away and spam her moves and use assist when they have a team.
Solo Valentine is pretty good.
You must be pretty awful, use the purple poison to maximize damage instead of going for green poison scrubby combos.

Also, WELCOME TO FIGHTING GAMES, you must be new to the concept of zoning characters.
#722  April 20, 2012, 01:59:33 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
ROFLMFAO wow the best replies i have read all day.

Its actually no point to try to argue or say anything at all about my skills i would be wasting my time. I thought i cleary said i had bought and only played this game since yesterday for like 2 or 3 hours Lol people dont read on this forum. People dont go pro at a game in 2 or 3 hours unless you got no life and do what ever it takes to become that good come on now lets be real here, that will not be me it will never be me i dont care to be the best in a video game i play to have fun its entertainment to me thats all im say if you reply to this you wont get a reply back from me im just letting you know early.

Edit: damn i was just about to eat some fries and yall made me lose my appetite for laughing so hard Lol  Oh one more thing i do appreciate the help but i like to learn on my own when trying to use a particular character.
Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:13:57 am by xX-Nero-Xx
#723  April 20, 2012, 02:26:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
If you knew you weren't going to figure out all kinds of shit in 2 or 3 hours, why the hell did you bitch and whine in the first place?
#724  April 20, 2012, 03:07:42 am
Speaking of zoning, you should also keep in mind that you don't have to be 100% in on a zoner at all times. There's more then one zone in zoning, and your opponent cannot cover them all at the same time. For example, if you're not in immediate attack range, but close enough to punish a wiffed projectile with a jump, then you discourage your opponent from zoning you harder. Above all, be patient. Better to take chip then a full hit. And if you can't get in, then just focus on dodging projectiles and avoiding chip till an opportunity arises.
#725  April 20, 2012, 03:21:13 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
That's a neat thing about Peacock, she's a zoner but her LV3 is a follow up to her grab so you have to be careful when you're in close range.
LOL I TROLL U
Scrubbity scrub.
Then why the hell are you whining here?
okay
#726  April 20, 2012, 03:51:57 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I basically explained all that shit from a Peacock player's perspective, too.
I can't use Valentine for shit but I know her potential. And I know for a fact that she builds meter like a motherfucker enough to dish moderate damage every 12 secs.
She's like the ultimate rushdown in this bitch; safe normals, awesome pokes, annoying tech, can get in from fucking fullscreen.

Nurse Mai da bes. I wish I could use her but oh well.

Also lol at online Peacocks doing random throws as a defensive tactic.
Online or off, throw after a falling j.HK is always a nice strat as you are kept safe and it gives you time to think. Peacock needs all the space she can get.
Even from just a throw break you expect, you can always bait following hits from things like fake teleport.
EDIT: Also respect the pie.
Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:59:05 am by oily surprises
#727  April 20, 2012, 04:00:32 am
Also lol at online Peacocks doing random throws as a defensive tactic.
Online or off, throw after a falling j.HK is always a nice strat as you are kept safe and it gives you time to think. Peacock needs all the space she can get.
Even from just a throw break you expect, you can always bait following hits from things like fake teleport.
Yeah I know, but so many of them just throw out throws without seeming to understand what a throw is for. I think I got like 3 iad hits in a row on a Peacock player because she mashed Throw every time I was close.
#728  April 20, 2012, 07:13:09 am
Okay, well I'm going to actually commit a weekend to this game now that I finally have a free weekend (Was moving last weekend and before that I was all into my grades.). I'm thinking I'm gonna run Painwheel by herself but I haven't even played with the entire roster yet so I'm going to do some soul searching before I make a decision.
#729  April 20, 2012, 08:41:05 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I'm thinking I'm gonna run Painwheel by herself but I haven't even played with the entire roster yet so I'm going to do some soul searching before I make a decision.
That's already a wise decision.
The Way of the Wheel is one that brings dino fucking damage within an amazing pressure game.
#730  April 20, 2012, 08:51:24 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Hey peeps  have a question:

Should I buy Skullgirls? I planned on buying some FFXIII-2 DLC....but I am interested in this game....the problem is also I don't have XBL live....

But while I can use the time to practice(mainly want to try out Valentine, I like Ninjas), I have played plenty of fighting games beforehand(namely Blazblue, Street Fighter 4 and a bit of Soul Calibur), and I was wondering how tough mastering this game is compared to those?

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#731  April 20, 2012, 08:56:45 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
It's $15.
No reason not to.
#732  April 20, 2012, 09:40:20 am
But while I can use the time to practice(mainly want to try out Valentine, I like Ninjas), I have played plenty of fighting games beforehand(namely Blazblue, Street Fighter 4 and a bit of Soul Calibur), and I was wondering how tough mastering this game is compared to those?
Execution is pretty fair. Combo system is kind of like Mvc meets Blazblue in my opinion. There's no really hard links or anything that I know of. All you have to do to combo is not mash and be aware of your inputs. Learning new combos is not so much about breaking your fingers with 1 frame links as it is drilling the many many inputs into your brain. If you can play Blazblue you can play this.
Okay ALMOST everything.
#733  April 20, 2012, 09:44:00 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#734  April 20, 2012, 09:45:26 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Execution is pretty fair. Combo system is kind of like Mvc meets Blazblue in my opinion. There's no really hard links or anything that I know of. All you have to do to combo is not mash and be aware of your inputs. Learning new combos is not so much about breaking your fingers with 1 frame links as it is drilling the many many inputs into your brain. If you can play Blazblue you can play this.

That's quite a good thought to hear as I'm not the greatest at Blazblue, but I knew enough to do basic to intermediate comboes.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#735  April 20, 2012, 03:24:07 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA

That's quite a good thought to hear as I'm not the greatest at Blazblue, but I knew enough to do basic to intermediate comboes.
The Combos in Skullgirls are extravagant, but as long as you have a good defense against people's tricks (and maybe only use 1 character teams) then basic-intermediate combos are more than enough.
#736  April 20, 2012, 10:00:49 pm
I wouldn't recommend limiting yourself to a 1 person team, though. If you wanna play a solo character or two, cool. But you should start building a team ASAP so you can start learning the dynamics of assists and the multitude of new tools that come with team play.
#737  April 20, 2012, 10:07:44 pm
Personally I'd like to learn the core of the game with just one rather than throwing assists into the mix early or else I become too dependent on them or become unable to function without them. I think it should build up.
#738  April 23, 2012, 04:01:36 pm
  • SNK is life
I bought this, and I must say:

+ it feels damn solid
+ looks pretty damn good
+ in depth general FG tutorials
- there's only 8 characters to choose from

It's like, even if the designs are horrible (I stand by my previous opinions, not really a fan) these guys made a commendable effort to make it accessible and at the same time serious. Will definitely play this more to get the hang of it.
#739  April 23, 2012, 04:05:01 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
+ it feels damn solid
+ looks pretty damn good
+ in depth general FG tutorials
- there's only 8 characters to choose from
Your description sort of reminds me of Blazblue when I first purchased it.
#740  April 24, 2012, 01:04:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I bought the game 3 days ago and played it yesterday....

My review is basically like Walt's, except the loading time for the Tutorial seems WAY too long(It felt like 15 seconds for some reason), the font doesn't work well for the tutorial stage(I had problems SEEING what it's supposed to say) and that's pretty much it.

I can hang with 8 characters, the gameplay feels extremely solid(though I had trouble doing the airdash cancel a few times), and the game feels vibrant and colorful despite it's bleak tone.

While I don't have Gold yet, I do plan on practicing when that time does come, but can anyone tell me what are the Valentine basics? And who works well with her? Because I'm still stumped because there's no trial mode to get a grip on what are some good combo tips and stuff are...