YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 650248 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Skullgirls
#1041  March 20, 2013, 05:55:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it does not look like it will affect this game anymore that it did with games of the past anyway.

Loved the idea of a Shark Scientist and a Boxing Anvil. The rest is just TITS to me.

The only thing though is that there are already a couple of gross characters in SG, so they shouldn't add Ileum just yet, to balance out the gross VS tits ratio.

as much as I hate the girls in this game, the artwork really works with the weird/male characters, I suddenyl got interested. this and the fixes to sxt and the kof games released on steam might mean that I will be back to playing fighting games.
#1042  March 20, 2013, 06:00:08 pm
  • SNK is life
as much as I hate the girls in this game, the artwork really works with the weird/male characters, I suddenyl got interested.
I know, it's almost as if they could make an interely new and different game just with these characters, and it'd already be a better game than SG is currently.

#1043  March 20, 2013, 06:15:45 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
its worth restating that the original characters were alex's old designs that he wouldnt let go for years- the newer ones are more recent iirc so there must have been a different approach to the style or something like it

Posted: March 20, 2013, 06:17:08 pm
(also if anyone really thinks the game will automatically be better w/ diff designs then lol)
#1044  March 20, 2013, 06:34:52 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, the game *IS* called Skullgirls. All I'm saying is that a game with Shark Scientists, Robots, Anvils, Warriors and Shonen Electrical Doctors + TITS would make an interesting game IMO.

Kinda like a modern Darkstalkers, no?
#1045  March 20, 2013, 06:38:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
its worth restating that the original characters were alex's old designs that he wouldnt let go for years- the newer ones are more recent iirc so there must have been a different approach to the style or something like it

Posted: March 20, 2013, 06:17:08 pm
(also if anyone really thinks the game will automatically be better w/ diff designs then lol)

well, I also disliked the hitpauses and combo mechanics, any chance of those changing ?
#1046  March 20, 2013, 07:15:41 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#1047  March 20, 2013, 11:29:42 pm
  • SNK is life
Kinda like a modern Darkstalkers, no?
darkstalkers resurrection is the modern darkstalkers
It's a 1997 game with HD filters, for pete's sake. Your argument is flimsy. Why do you feel the need to whiteknight this game?

The new characters are more interesting than the current cast, period. Nothing you say will change my mind about it.
#1048  March 21, 2013, 11:08:10 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Scythana, Beowulf and Feng stand out for me. This is the feature that has been proposed for Feng in action btw ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvvlOHPIw9I

The descriptions for the characters have all been updated; they're more detailed (and Mike's seething hatred for Leduc has been removed). :wacky:
Alex Ahad Sketches
http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

Ms. Victoria's description said:
Gameplay Inspiration
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Guilty Gear, Psychic Force, Asuka 120% Burning Fest, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, One Must Fall 2097, Immaterial and Missing Power, Capcom vs SNK 2, Fatal Fury, Weaponlord, Killer Instinct, Mace: The Dark Age, Ballz, Martial Masters, and every other fighting game you have never heard of. Plus Dragon Claw.
:stare:

Dude seriously, those are some good ass character designs and outlook on their abilities...

I wish ALL of them would make the cut.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1049  March 21, 2013, 11:27:25 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I wish for the best. With only a few days left, let's hope that they even have enough money to make a 3rd DLC in the 1st place.
#1050  March 21, 2013, 11:28:51 pm
    • USA
Anyone want to play me on PSN?

PSN username is also Karasai
#1051  March 22, 2013, 01:43:09 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The new characters are more interesting than the current cast, period. Nothing you say will change my mind about it.

Gotta agree with this. A shark scientist and a boxing anvil?? freaking genius, love those ideas. Better than previous designs for sure.

Oh boy! I was actually hoping such an outcome wouldn't be like this, but now it may be a competition between this and the Dead or Alive series for sexiest fighting game.

lol, this post is magnificently dumb. Made my night.
Chilling
#1052  March 23, 2013, 05:28:06 pm

We’e added more Patron Saints, so naturally people are wondering… where are all of new NPCs going to hang out?

The response has bee so overwhelming, we’re adding a second “Bonus” stage, the ballroom tentatively known as “The Glass Canopy.”

Check out the early concept of the stage here, and let’s fill it up!

Also, they've been getting about 20K a day. At this rate, the 3rd character might be a reality. Giving Mane6 the engine is still a bit out there.

Posted: March 25, 2013, 07:34:42 am
http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

The profiles have been updated to include Beowulf's profile and onwards.
#1053  March 25, 2013, 12:05:51 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/

welp no need to hold the polls now, the winner is clearly yu-wan
#1054  March 25, 2013, 05:17:00 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Why even vote for anyone else now.

Isaac is an archaeologist who has made unsettling discoveries below the Canopy Kingdom, only to have the evidence buried. Now hunted, Isaac has been literally buying time using shards of a unique type of Theonite he discovered in his search. The one other person who knows about the dig has been wrongfully imprisoned, but learning the truth would put her in greater danger.

Playstyle Speculation
Isaac’s time travel mechanics aren’t your standard slow/stop fare. For example, a double of Isaac could instantly appear from the future for a lunging punch, and a countdown begins above Isaac’s head. When the countdown reaches zero, Isaac pauses and prepares to travel back in time to deliver the punch. If he is hit during the preparation, the opponent regains any damage they took from the punch since it never happened. If his double is hit during the punch, Isaac himself takes damage when the countdown reaches zero.

Isaac may also have other time related attacks, such as the ability to convert successful special attacks into supers in the past after noticing they connected. He could possibly manipulate the timer, namely knocking off a few seconds to hasten that time-out.

Gameplay Inspiration
Doc Brown (Back to the Future series), Professor Badass (Kevin Stewart), Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones series), Neinhalt Sieger (Samurai Shodown series), Iron Man (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Dio Brando (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure), Sakuya (Tohou series), Makoto (Street Fighter III: Third Strike), one-frame DHCs (Marvel vs. Capcom 2), Shadow (One Must Fall 2097)
#1055  March 25, 2013, 07:30:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Why is everyone talking about a 3rd DLC when Lab Zero games hasn't the funds from indiegogo?
#1056  March 25, 2013, 07:46:34 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Because it jumped 20k in 6 hours and it only needs 11.4k to get there.
#1057  March 25, 2013, 08:14:12 pm
Brain Drain, Ottomo and Eliza are probably my favorites, however Eliza's is specifically because of character design instead of how she's supposed to play, which is bad I guess. Brain Drain is probably my favorite character design and his gameplay isn't so bad, but Ottomo's probably my favorite in terms of both gameplay and design.
#1058  March 25, 2013, 08:28:48 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
however Eliza's is specifically because of character design instead of how she's supposed to play, which is bad I guess.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who picked her just for her character design.

My dreams of getting the cannon story mode crushed for now

Ravidrath said:
Moonlight said:
Spent the afternoon trying to get decent at Peacock. She's way more complex than Filia (who I'd been practicing as for the weekend), but I love her design and her concept way too much not to use her. She's quite brilliant.

On a slightly different note, I've been going through story mode at a decent clip. I'd honestly be all in for a crowd-funding campaign to fluff it out a bit.
Well, you're likely to get three more character side-stories from the campaign.

The whole canon story is another matter, though... we'd probably need to overshoot the third character's story mode by quite a bit to make all of that work, because it's going to be a LOT of new writing and art.

Ravidrath said:
Master Milk said:
I think I remember talk of having to rework how story mode worked, like the actual implementation, on the streams awhile ago.

We actually had a design and (very rough) code implementation of the canon story mode, but it wasn't developed further because we didn't have the time or money to actually make the content for it.

#1059  March 25, 2013, 09:19:59 pm
    • USA
Well Fuck I thought that Iassac was supposed to be Dr. Avery or whatever his name was.

Im pretty sure that Samson's original form is the last silhouetted character.
#1060  March 26, 2013, 12:51:56 am
They reached 600k+ now. Reaaally hoping for Brain Drain, Panzerfaust or Ottomo now when voting starts.