YesNoOk

Evil Homer (Read 64137 times)

Started by Warner, April 19, 2008, 03:50:38 pm
Re: Evil Homer
#101  April 25, 2008, 06:44:54 pm
All of you disgust me. Really. This has gone completely out of control. I can agree with the point that Warner should not bother making this public without him given permission, but to go and say that he is "graverobbing" is bollocks. Absolute bollocks. How dare anyone run round puffing their chests about a man's memory (a man that most people did not even know) is downright insulting to Reu and his family. Furthmore, bickering on such a public scale such as this. Look at yourselves, nearly all are grown-ass men bickering like fucking kids and you should be really ashamed at yourselves. Also, if you feel so bad about it, help him by coding instead of bitching, it may be of some use to him instead of kicking his ass down to the ground.

Again, Warner was wrong for making public his project without permisssion. But, I think that it is wrong to use a dead person's memory as such.
Yeah, we didn't know him, heck, most of us have never met him, but we all know what his personality is like, from chatting to him on these forums. Reu loved what he did, from his Dragonclaw creation, to his music, he always put his heart into everything he did, you could see this in Dragonclaw and his music. this is why we have alot of respect for him, and this is why people are rebelling against this creation getting released. Reu's work should not be Edited or updated, they should stay as they are. Now, i know warner was doing this out of heart, but he should have known that people would react like this.
#102  April 25, 2008, 06:54:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
to go and say that he is "graverobbing" is bollocks. Absolute bollocks. How dare anyone run round puffing their chests about a man's memory (a man that most people did not even know) is downright insulting to Reu and his family.
#103  April 25, 2008, 07:01:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am reminded of watching a record of a 2 years old kid walking to a pool, you know he is going to fall into it and you know he is going to drown, but you can't stop him.

At least now I understand why tds wanted to lock this topic.
#104  April 25, 2008, 10:07:01 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
well then.

I know you want it to be like reu's, to play like his evil ken and have that "reu"-like feel, i guess, but maybe you could use his reu as a model? so that you can learn really good coding? It seems like you can do everything but the coding(I can't either, so you're not alone!)

so here's what (I think) you should do warner, you don't have to listen but it sounds like a good idea to me:

1) keep the mod for yourself, or release it as a mod, call it a mod, and make sure everyone knows reu's work was used for 90/80/70 percent of the character, or whatever, i don't know.

2) release a spritesheet or spritepack. you would have coders flocking to you for permission to code it, because, imo, you do sprites really good! :sugoi:

doesn't that make everybody feel better?

I do like these sprites, and I wouldn't want them to go to waste.
but then again, what do I know?
not a mod or anything, but it seems like a good idea, right?
#105  April 25, 2008, 10:11:39 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
1) keep the mod for yourself, or release it as a mod, call it a mod, and make sure everyone knows reu's work was used for 90/80/70 percent of the character, or whatever, i don't know.

Well based on what I'm reading, the only real things that were going to be modified were the .sff, .air, and .snd files, leaving the coding pretty much intact. It's quite possible to just zip those up and say "apply this to Evil Ken." Oh yeah, an alt .def might help so that you don't have to copy Evil Ken, and just have Evil Homer refer to the appropriate files.

2) release a spritesheet or spritepack. you would have coders flocking to you for permission to code it, because, imo, you do sprites really good! :sugoi:

No to spritesheet. Spritepack with perfect alignment if anything, because manually aligning sprites is a pain in the ass.
#106  April 25, 2008, 10:29:12 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada

Well based on what I'm reading, the only real things that were going to be modified were the .sff, .air, and .snd files, leaving the coding pretty much intact. It's quite possible to just zip those up and say "apply this to Evil Ken." Oh yeah, an alt .def might help so that you don't have to copy Evil Ken, and just have Evil Homer refer to the appropriate files.

I said that. But warner's adding other things too, like intros and whatnot, so he said that he needed the codes.
I think:S

No to spritesheet. Spritepack with perfect alignment if anything, because manually aligning sprites is a pain in the ass.

yes, although mugen character maker and such and such makes it all the more easier.

Warner, I think you should take this opportunity, to really study the code tutorials, and learn from them and reu's work=)
maybe others will approve of that??
I don't know, but again, I like the sprites, and i don't want your time to be wasted.
#107  April 25, 2008, 11:07:55 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I said that. But warner's adding other things too, like intros and whatnot, so he said that he needed the codes.
I think:S

oh misread that, although that could be solved with a .txt file that reads "copy this into Evil Ken's .cns," and have said states trigger only if the character's name is "Evil Homer."

yes, although mugen character maker and such and such makes it all the more easier.

No, that's something else. In perfectly aligned sprites, you practically just align one sprite and apply the same axis to every sprite after that. Otherwise you have to manually align the sprites each time, which in Homer's case, would likely involve drawing visual cues from the previous sprite, which isn't 100% foolproof.
#108  April 25, 2008, 11:22:28 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
there's a lot of drama here! they should make a drama page for crap like this.

i keep looking on this thread(Projects thread)and not really finding much on the project. but found plenty of DRAMA.

any who
i just checked out all your youtube videos. your intros/winning poses are hilarious!! how many different ones does evil homer have?

Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 11:29:34 pm by ink
#109  April 25, 2008, 11:39:22 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Guys, you know Warner is not good at English. Give him a break, will you?
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#110  April 26, 2008, 02:44:20 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
I support the change with respect to trying to make this angry elitist mugen community more open and forgiving. I just feel certain lines have to be drawn and enforced in a positive manner, not the way they were last time.

If that happens, I guess I'm cool. But for now I think I'll sit out and watch to see if they reach this happy medium.
a quote from reu a while back about his stance on the newer guild policies, dont know if this helps but i think it means that he wanted people to be more open, but still have limits on what they take
if you dont believe this is th quote i can take a screenshot of the pm but anyways i think a patch would be approved but a simple sprite swap wouldnt be approved, least thats my take on the situation
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#111  April 26, 2008, 04:07:43 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador

Honoring someone who took his mugen work more serious than you think and died in an accident by making a JOKE character? Someone who died in an accident? JOKE character?

Well you don't have my support with this character.

You don't need to mention that, what kind of people are you?
that wasn't ethical.
answering,,,
I'm not making a char of Reu.(it seems like you're trying to people believe that)
i'm making a char of evil ken. parody of evil ken, not Reu.
i'm not destroying his original work, i don't want his work disappear. i just use one of his work to make something new.
the only one who can destroy Reu's work are the one who host his chars.
and...
about taking a work seriously, i know about that, i created 12 mugen chars, and wasn't easy to draw that thousands of sprites from scratch.
and always share my work with the community, and never cried to people don't use my uniques sprites.
Thats mean i love what i do, and my reward always be, people having fun with my work.

But Now, a lot of people makes me to take a determination.
All my work since Now it will be Private
because i see a lot of people never understand the meaning of Mugen.

Sorry for the ones who always support me, you should thanks people like Masato, who think, to host a char is to be the owner. hehe

Bye.

p.d. here is my next wip (private too)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZz2qQ80RY
No estaba muerto
Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:03:29 pm by Warner
#112  April 28, 2008, 10:51:41 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
No estaba muerto