YesNoOk

Metal Slug Defense [Mobile] (Read 10084 times)

Started by Foobs, September 25, 2014, 08:36:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Metal Slug Defense [Mobile]
#21  September 28, 2014, 06:28:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Trevor is the first person I bought and I have so glad I chose him because holy shit he's fucking great; he's usually the first person I summon, and his special ability has a great use at dodging enemy fire, very useful when you're just getting set up and can't afford to lose him.

Is that what the update adds?!
It got added a few updates ago, I think during the big one that added the Ptolemaic Army.
#22  September 29, 2014, 09:18:22 pm
  • SNK is life
For the record
Did you guys notice how 2 updates ago they reduced Ralf's AP cost from 140 to 130? Also, the Morden Army Sniper (regular green one) used to be 60, and they reduced it to 50? They're rebalancing the game with each iteration :D

These 2 guys got buffed (?) again! Ralf now costs 120 AP, and Sniper is now 35 AP during battle :D
Re: Metal Slug Dead Thread
#23  October 13, 2014, 07:51:24 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

v 1.90's been out for a few days...it's a standard update, 5 new missions (15 medals) and a handful of new units (monkeys!).

Do you think v 2.00 will be another huge update?
#24  October 13, 2014, 10:58:20 pm
    • Peru
Can someone would convince me of playing the game giving me some kind of hype-post?

I had the game in my old phone, played it twice and then I forgot about it.
#25  October 13, 2014, 11:41:14 pm
  • SNK is life
Do you think v 2.00 will be another huge update?
They're pumping out these updates rather fast, and I don't think they have anything else "huge" prepared and they're already getting to the bottom of the barrel with these new units :sweatdrop:

Can someone would convince me of playing the game giving me some kind of hype-post?

I had the game in my old phone, played it twice and then I forgot about it.
It's a great exploration of the Metal Slug universe with some great set pieces, and challenging missions. The game has content for you to play for several months with a great sense of progression, so if you keep this in your pocket you'll have something to do everyday with your month for a good half hour :P

I deleted and restarted it, so this is pretty much my 4th month straight playing it every day :O

#26  October 13, 2014, 11:47:44 pm
    • Peru
So basically is a WC Defense game... might try it, I got bored of Goat Simulator.
#27  October 14, 2014, 05:46:19 pm
  • SNK is life
Woah, I just noticed they further nerfed the Ikaris, mainly now Leona costs 80 AP (where before she was 100 AP) and Ralf's Galactica Phantom now is more vulnerable to enemy attacks :O

Any ideas on how to beat Mission 40? I haven't been able to figure out the trick :S
#28  October 18, 2014, 07:21:21 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
They're pumping out these updates rather fast, and I don't think they have anything else "huge" prepared and they're already getting to the bottom of the barrel with these new units :sweatdrop:

They could always add the Invaders and Future Rebels.

It's a great exploration of the Metal Slug universe with some great set pieces, and challenging missions. The game has content for you to play for several months with a great sense of progression, so if you keep this in your pocket you'll have something to do everyday with your month for a good half hour :P

To be fair, MSD is one huge fanservice pack for Metal Slug fans. I so need a tablet, I really want to play this...
#29  October 18, 2014, 08:13:48 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

I don't think the game needs more playable units...there's easily over a hundred already. New bosses would be cool though, I'm pretty sure there're a lot they haven't used. Plus, the 'extra world' missions have become piss easy with the new batch of pow skills.
#30  October 20, 2014, 05:35:04 pm
  • SNK is life
The problem with the remaining unused bosses from the game is that they aren't well suited for the game's *horizontal* style. The first boss in MS2 is a flying ship, as well as Boss in Stage 2 being a huge mech eating a tower from below, the last boss being the Alien Ship attacking from above ... all of these won't work in this game, where you can't control the units' attack direction.
#31  October 20, 2014, 06:25:33 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Finally noticed this thread.
Been playing the game a lot during my commute - the only annoyances so far at those special stages that only become available at certain times of the day (no big deal, one of those tends to match the trip back home), and the occasional mission - I haven't advanced past 25, since it takes a bit of timing, and selecting the shield soldier also covers the incoming attacks with your finger.

I love how every stage in the classic games is now assigned a location in the world, something the classics weren't necessarily specific about, although they could get fairly eloquent about it (ex: Egypt, China).

Some missions can also be pretty interesting lessons about the mechanics, such as the properties of Leona's Moon Slasher.
#32  October 20, 2014, 10:34:23 pm
  • SNK is life
Yeah, for the most part the missions are used to showcase the new units with every update, just so you get an idea of what each new character is about, its possible uses,etc.

I noticed that from version 1.8 and forward, Leona now costs 80 AP in battle, which is less than what she originally was.

One last thing - buying the level limit breaker won't bring your characters up for another 10 levels, but only 5 (limit was Lv. 20, after the 30 Medal cost, they now can be Lv. 25)
#33  October 21, 2014, 12:20:54 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
I noticed that from version 1.8 and forward, Leona now costs 80 AP in battle, which is less than what she originally was.

Allen O'Neil used to be about 400, now costs 350 - probably in part because you can now unlock his cyborg version.

One last thing - buying the level limit breaker won't bring your characters up for another 10 levels, but only 5 (limit was Lv. 20, after the 30 Medal cost, they now can be Lv. 25)

Handy to know, never really tried - been focusing on the upgrades to structure stats lately.
#34  October 21, 2014, 12:25:35 am
  • SNK is life
About the level limit, yeah, it was kind of a bummer to have it be only 5 levels. I can't explain why, but I bought that shit for like 5 characters.

What you really should use it for is for when you like to do WiFi online battles. Having your main preferred units be 5 levels higher than most other people out there fighting online is very useful. I took out a Leona against another Leona, only to have my bet shut to hell, because my opponent had a Lv. 25 Leona and mine was only Lv. 20.
#35  October 23, 2014, 04:10:25 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

:)

The Halloween update feels like Christmas.
#36  October 23, 2014, 04:37:27 pm
  • SNK is life
According to SNKP's Twitter, they give 150 MEDALS just for DLing the update? I'M ON MY WAY!
#37  October 23, 2014, 09:09:23 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

You'll also get medals for your S-ranking complete stages. Kinda late, but still nice.

The new units/missions (they're too easy!) focus on bidimensional combat (ie ceiling combat), much like the Trevor/Nadia monkey.
#38  October 27, 2014, 06:38:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

YO, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST UPDATE

I think I've found the bug it fixes:

I reaped my medal rewards twice. I'm not sure how it happened, though.
#39  October 27, 2014, 09:11:26 pm
  • SNK is life
hahahaha they're giving away THEIR FIGHT MONAY!

Sure, they gotta patch that shit. I'm currently grinding for medals >:D
Metal Slug WALLET Defense
#40  March 02, 2015, 09:17:12 pm
  • SNK is life
This isn't exactly news BUT! I just got ahold of the second "KOF 20th Anniversary" Pack that includes Iori, Mature and Vice

Let's not forget that the first pack was Kyo, Benimaru and Daimon. Yes, this one also ended up costing $5 ... and it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:57:16 pm by Walta