YesNoOk

gui0007's POTS/POTS-ish Edits: Fire & Ice! Scorpion + Sub-Zero Released! (Read 407647 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, May 03, 2018, 01:34:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: gui0007's POTS/POTS-ish Edits: More Updates! + Changes & Future Updates!
#121  June 29, 2019, 12:33:54 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
i just tested the latest hugo update, it still clones from the newest add004 tag system :( if you could fix hugo from cloning, it may be the answer to charlotte and the others from cloning up

Alright i just tested the latest add004 on hugo and it was exactly what i suspected. This line is not getting added in the Animations. And that is why hugo is cloning.
Code:
;---------
;---------
; as characters face / portrait ; ??????????
[begin action 909001] ;; face_small
9000,0,0,0,-1
[begin action 909002] ;; face
9000,0,0,0,-1

; as characters name ; ???????????
[begin action 909011] ;; name_left
9001,9011,0,0,-1 ;;<- spr no. what you need
[begin action 909012] ;; name_right
9001,9011,-19,0,-1 ;;<- spr no. what you need

;---
[begin action 909601] ;; empty
0,-1,0,0,1
[begin action 909602]
clsn1: 1
clsn1[0]=-20,-20,20,20
0,-1,0,0,1
[begin action 909603]
clsn2: 1
clsn2[0]=-30,-30,30,30
0,-1,0,0,1
;---------
;---------

Open up fighter factory and go to animations and set it to text mode. then scroll all the way down and paste this code at the bottom. That should fix the cloning issue.
EDIT: Just tested it. it works. Now i need to rest lol.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 12:51:30 pm by ReddBrink
#122  June 29, 2019, 01:02:49 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#123  June 29, 2019, 01:16:21 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Looks like ReddBrink got the time to update Hugo after all. Here's feedback on this update:
-The back dash is still the old landing effect.
-Giant Palm Bomber (Not the EX one) and the last hit of Hammer Frenzy still has SF3 ground sound effect.
-Shootdown Backbreaker doesn't have a landing effect when Hugo touches the ground from a successful grab.
-The last slam of Gigas Breaker still uses the SF3 slam sound effect and not the CvS2 one.
-Palette selector has a lot of default palettes (Not an big issue if turned off).
-Moonsault Press and Shootdown Backbreaker still has no swing sound on the grab animation when it misses.
-There's no jump sound when Hugo leaps during Megaton Press.
-For the running animation as I forgot this one, but why not add the same heavy sound and envshake used on Meat Squasher to add more weight to the character (Feels inconsistent when the Meat Squasher has it but the normal running animation does not)?
-Lifebar portrait still remains unchanged and doesn't use the one made by HadeS:
I made that small portrait ages ago.
Hugo by GM:
Download here

I think one more update should do it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:26:22 pm by SolidZone 26
#124  June 29, 2019, 01:44:34 pm
@ReddBrink wow that worked fine as hell, thanks for the info, now i'm going to enjoy other old shinrei edits to newest add004, many thanks :) that made my day perfect :)
#125  June 29, 2019, 02:06:32 pm
anyone knows how to fix the guard crush problem?,  when i use for ex. the edited/pre patched charlotte, sonson to the newest add004, the guard crush is very low and it breaks easily from high combination attacks, what value should i edit from the characters file to make it identical to other pots styled characters ?
#126  June 29, 2019, 09:47:58 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Looks like ReddBrink got the time to update Hugo after all. Here's feedback on this update:
-The back dash is still the old landing effect.
Fixed
-Giant Palm Bomber (Not the EX one) and the last hit of Hammer Frenzy still has SF3 ground sound effect.
Fixed
-Shootdown Backbreaker doesn't have a landing effect when Hugo touches the ground from a successful grab.
Fixed
-The last slam of Gigas Breaker still uses the SF3 slam sound effect and not the CvS2 one.
I left this intentionally cause it fits the super.
-Palette selector has a lot of default palettes (Not an big issue if turned off).
Don't really care much for this as this is caused by hugo's lack of palettes. Fixed it anyway lol.
-Moonsault Press and Shootdown Backbreaker still has no swing sound on the grab animation when it misses.
I forgot about these. Fixed.
-There's no jump sound when Hugo leaps during Megaton Press.
Fixed
-For the running animation as I forgot this one, but why not add the same heavy sound and envshake used on Meat Squasher to add more weight to the character (Feels inconsistent when the Meat Squasher has it but the normal running animation does not)?
Ooops forgot that too. Coding is really wearing me down lol.
-Lifebar portrait still remains unchanged and doesn't use the one made by HadeS:
I made that small portrait ages ago.
Hugo by GM:
Download here

I think one more update should do it.
Added

Penguinz0 said:
Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:14:24 am by ReddBrink
#127  June 30, 2019, 12:21:05 am
Alright i just tested the latest add004 on hugo and it was exactly what i suspected. This line is not getting added in the Animations. And that is why hugo is cloning.

Strange that shinrei's edits are the only ones that add004 patcher can't patch automatically, even after removing old code. Not sure if we should report it to Shiyo Kakuge or it's a problem with characters (wrong syntax? leftover code in AIR file?). Worth investigating further, imo.

edit: maybe this line presence (found in Hugo.air) causes add004 patcher to skip patching AIR file?
Code:
;#ADD004BASIC PIEs#
Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:30:47 am by swit
#128  June 30, 2019, 01:25:52 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Another update!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/47q06maudas4njj/Hugo.rar/file

Removing this commented line from hugo.air fixed the patching problem with add004.
Code:
;#ADD004BASIC PIEs#
Thanks to swit for pointing it out. Never thought one commented line would fuck the process of patching the character up. I will be sure to remove this line in future edits.

EDIT: Added 1 more intro and a special helper for all the intros ;) Hope you enjoy.
Penguinz0 said:
#129  June 30, 2019, 01:57:17 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Holy cow!! :O
Thanks a bunch for the big help ReddBrink and thanks swit about the trouble in the .air archive. I think that will solve a problem with other two characters that i editing. Added the new link in the first post.

Nakoruru gets an update aswell!!

Thanks a lot to DeathScythe for the big help! :)
- Added Modern Super Finish Texts
- Added Modern Super Finish FX
- Removed add004 stuff
- Fixed the timing of Zetsumei Ougi
- Added more Quotes
- Added Color Separated sprites by ni-aru (aka _N_)
- Added Palettes by TDX and Rhythmical
- Fixed Hyper Finish Texts
- Added Modern landing effect + sound
- Added "Counter" text
- Added 2 Extra Lv3 Hyper Portraits
Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:00:34 am by 【MFG】gui0007
#130  June 30, 2019, 02:13:33 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Awesome job ReddBrink.【MFG】gui0007 please update your other characters like Capcom, Sonson, and Charlotte with that add004 fix above.
#131  June 30, 2019, 02:30:55 am
Awesome job ReddBrink.【MFG】gui0007 please update your other characters like Capcom, Sonson, and Charlotte with that add004 fix above.

i hope you could also check the guard crush problem i was talking about from the above post, sonson, charlotte manifest it by the guard easily broken from multiple hits
#132  June 30, 2019, 02:39:13 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Re: gui0007's POTS/POTS-ish Edits: Karin, Nakoruru & Hugo Updated!
#133  June 30, 2019, 03:06:37 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

CapCom, Ruby Heart, Hibiki and Charlotte are fixed now bro, without that stupid add004 line in the .air archive. :)
About R. Mika and Lucy i just remove the add004 stuff and it works fine since it's patched by me from the start.
I did the same with Morrigan and Lilith that are in the "Darkstalkers in POTS Style" thread.

I hope you and everyone fellas can also check the updated version of Nakoruru. DeathScythe really gave a great help for me in this one. :)

i hope you could also check the guard crush problem i was talking about from the above post, sonson, charlotte manifest it by the guard easily broken from multiple hits

I fixed Sonson aswell, retiring the old add004 stuff and checked if there something from the old version. Check if it works well now.
#134  June 30, 2019, 04:01:37 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
There are some grab glitches I'm experiencing from watching the A.I with some of your characters. I don't know if it's tag but it happened with Charlotte, Ruby Heart, and Sonson. Example:
When Sonson tries to suck in her opponent into the bottle this happens:

When Sonson grabs Charlotte is stuck in this pose during Sonson's animation:

When Charlotte grabs Sonson is stuck in midair like this:

#135  June 30, 2019, 05:12:01 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
The Stuck bug was happend before. So it's back when retired the line of .air archive huh. :(

Tried to copy the code that ReddBrink posted before? Don't know if this will solve anyway.
#136  June 30, 2019, 06:18:52 am
thanks 【MFG】gui0007 for all the updates, may i know how did you fix the guard crush? if ever i may come across with characters with same problems :) hope you could share
#137  June 30, 2019, 08:43:07 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So after I just tested Hugo's update, it turns out I accidentally missed a few more things:

-Gigas Breaker has no swing sound when it misses and has no landing effects during each time Hugo touches the ground on a successful hit.
-Giant Palm Bomber has no swing sound (The last hit of Hammer Frenzy does have one and I actually noticed this one on this update).
-It's possible for the opponent to accidentally stop blocking Hammer Frenzy after the first two hits (Same with this one).

Hopefully that's all of it. Thought one last update should do it, other small little details caught me off guard as it was very late at night when I posted that feedback. My bad. To make up these missed details, here's a portrait I made for him. I originally planned this portrait when I edit him, but haven't gotten around it:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3u1z1q23vvg5756/Hugo.pcx

Also, maybe you could nerf him a little bit. He deals too much damage compared to a normal CvS2 character as he still uses SF3 damage inputs.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:08:08 am by SolidZone 26
#138  June 30, 2019, 10:51:12 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#139  July 01, 2019, 01:43:37 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

My showcase of the updated Hugo. Thanks a bunch Redd. :)
#140  July 02, 2019, 02:32:20 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Guy released!

Trololo did an edit of POTS Guy but sadly a lot of things was missing and fixes are necessary.
So here's my re-edit+update of Guy!

The most challenging edit i did so far because now Guy have A LOT of new stuff and important fixes.
I want to give my thanks to my fella KOF_HERO_77 for helping me on the issues when removing the add004 stuff without Guy getting all messed up.

UPDATE LOG
- Removed old add004 stuff
- Serious and annoying issues after removing the add004 stuff are fixed (thanks KOF_HERO_77!)
- Added and fixed the Special Intro against Cody, Haggar and Maki
- New Level 3 Portrait
- Added another Level 3 Portrait option
- Added and centered Super Finish Text (except Bushin Musou Renge)
- Changed Zero Counter command for the traditional one
- Fixed Zero Counter power value
- Added new Palettes (thanks davismaximus, QuickFist, Sabockee, Koldskool and CalhounTubbs!)
- Added more Win Quotes
- Added A LOT of Special Win Quotes
- Changed the slide sound of Hayagake > Kyuuteishi for the Modern POTS sound
- Changed the final hits sounds of Bushin Musou Renge for the Modern POTS sounds