YesNoOk

SF3 Juri (Read 108468 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, December 28, 2016, 07:55:02 am
Share this topic:
SF3 Juri
#1  December 28, 2016, 07:55:02 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Hiya, a topic about this sprite sheet I'm working on was inevitable, decided to make this today because it's really something I eager to work on.

Before I begin, here is a proposed moveset for her that would mesh her SF4 and SF5 moveset into one character, if you're interested in reading and maybe leave some feedback then feel free to do so:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/juri-hybrid-sf4sfv-moveset-177563.0.html

I am no coder, which means I'll only be able to make the sprite sheet. What I made above was basically what I consider would be the best way to make a Juri for Mugen, instead of adapting her from one game maybe it would more interesting to make a hybrid version of her.

Here are some of the animations:

A still of the projectile:

The sprite base comes with 70 colors (including the background)! This can ensure a lot a lot of creativity for new colors :D

Some palletes done by me::

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Along with that, a whole bunch of palettes that many here in guild have made some palettes as well, a special thanks to the following members for contributing:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some notes about the sprite sheet:

-I'll finish her special moves first as I started with those;
-Special effects (projectiles, flames, etc) will likely be left for much later;
-The least amount of SF3 sprites per character seems to be 800, I'm not sure how many will be done for her as of now though;
-There will, inevitably, where I'll be inactive for a while. During those times, you may bump this thread only contributing with new palettes, fixes to sprites, or perhaps new sprites if you want to contribute that much.

Special thanks to:

-Steamboy for making the Juri base I'm using for this sprite sheet;
-@│ㄷ ▌ (Chamat) for allowing me to edit his Juri sprites, along with providing me lots of his unfinished animations from him;
-Flowrellik, Loud Howard, 『MUST DIE』Mikel Orihara, TotalDramaXtremist and ZombieBrock for contributing with numerous palettes!
-@Walruslui, @F.R.O.S.T Hatter, @MotorRoach, @Yoshin222, @AlexSin for being nice people providing feedback to my artworks, so I can learn and improve when making sprites.

Any feedback, criticism, etc is appreciated. All I want is to make sure to deliver sprites of good quality to the community, keeping a consistent quality that would ensure the most true of a SF3 experience with this sprite sheet when it sees the light of the day.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:32:02 am by DelusionTrim
Re: SF3 Juri
#2  December 28, 2016, 03:17:53 pm
  • Not for sale
The sprites and animations are fucking gorgeous.
#3  December 28, 2016, 05:02:14 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I am excited to see someone working on a full SF3 sprite set! These sprites and animations are look great so far.

definitely inspiring me to get back to making more!
#4  December 29, 2016, 12:03:59 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Definitely keeping my eye on this one.
#5  December 29, 2016, 12:08:54 am
  • Biblical.
    • USA
    • mvpjericho407@gmail.com
This looks cool. This reminds me of a SF3 Strider i saw on a mugen post. Wonder what happened to that?
#6  December 29, 2016, 12:40:54 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I love those sprites hope someone uses them
I need more PSN friends
#7  December 29, 2016, 01:14:09 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I definitly f*cking love 2D :)
#8  December 30, 2016, 01:35:44 am
WIP animation that's almost finished! Credits to Chamat for the original frames.

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#9  December 30, 2016, 03:13:45 am
amazing, great job so far.
#10  December 30, 2016, 05:17:07 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
She's gorgeous, awesome work so far!
#11  December 30, 2016, 06:00:38 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
WIP animation that's almost finished! Credits to Chamat for the original frames.

I like her. I can not wait to see the sheet finished. :)

Do you have any difficulty in creating these CPS3 sprites? How long it takes you to make them?
#12  December 31, 2016, 09:47:41 pm
So after some planning, I've decided I'll change the colors for the "Black lines/spiked bracelet". Reason being that the shades in the original frames is already black and so are the ones in this CS'd palette I made, which can blend too well and make it confusing to distinguish color units in pixels... I dunno if I explained it right, but if you work with palettes you likely know what I'm talking about.

I like her. I can not wait to see the sheet finished. :)

Do you have any difficulty in creating these CPS3 sprites? How long it takes you to make them?

Thanks!

Some of the frames can be difficult to make, the fingers are quite intricate in pretty much all of them though which is a pain :T... I don't clock it, but these unfinished ones by Chamat probably takes 20 minutes at least.
#13  January 01, 2017, 01:52:38 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've edited Werewood's Juri to be more Mugen-ized. When the time comes I wouldn't mind working with you on her.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#14  January 01, 2017, 03:11:32 am
  • Raging Fist
Tbh that would be a great idea! It would give him a chance to redraw her frame by frame!
In this event it would be interesting to see some new chars in SFIII format, maybe to mix up the gameplay abit too alongside the fellow combatants from III-Third Strike. From what I remember there was Sagat to be made and Oni too so let's see :D
#15  January 01, 2017, 03:26:33 am
I've edited Werewood's Juri to be more Mugen-ized. When the time comes I wouldn't mind working with you on her.

Really appreciate your post, however I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "Mugen-ized"... do you mean coding wise, or with her frames?

Tbh that would be a great idea! It would give him a chance to redraw her frame by frame!
In this event it would be interesting to see some new chars in SFIII format, maybe to mix up the gameplay abit too alongside the fellow combatants from III-Third Strike. From what I remember there was Sagat to be made and Oni too so let's see :D

SF3 gameplay is exactly what I have in mind, obviously with all the supers being available though. However again I have no coding knowledge so my wish would be for the first full character of hers adapted from this sprite sheet to have SF3 style gameplay (along with the proposed hybrid moveset in OP).

Another thing is I have some names in mind regarding coders, but refrain from saying them as it can come off kind of... pretentious, I guess? For lack of a better word.
#16  January 01, 2017, 04:29:19 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Ahhh, good to see this thread becoming a thing.

Loving how the sprites are looking so far :D
#17  January 01, 2017, 05:28:02 pm
I hope GM pops up and gives her the proper SF3 treatment you want for her. Those sprites are legit.
Then us Jman/POTS nerds are gonna CVS her :v
#18  January 02, 2017, 10:00:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Really appreciate your post, however I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "Mugen-ized"... do you mean coding wise, or with her frames?
Code wise. My mugen build is basically like my Ryu and Sagat. A mugenized mash of a character with unique moves. Not overly cheap but can take on 2 or 3 characters by themselves. (I have a hard time taking on 4 because one always gets behind me)
If you're looking for source accurate, I am not the guy. I make my hitboxes tight to the body. Seems people dont like it, but it makes for more thrilling rounds imo.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

lui

#19  January 02, 2017, 10:35:00 am
    • USA
I hope GM pops up and gives her the proper SF3 treatment you want for her. Those sprites are legit.
Then us Jman/POTS nerds are gonna CVS her :v

imo gm's characters aren't really the go-to if you want the best 3rd strike accuracy, by now his characters have kinks and issues that doesn't really hold up all that well today, if anything RAJAA should be the one to code Juri since he strives for pin-point accuracy coding-wise
#20  January 02, 2017, 12:36:31 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
God i adore these sprites, and can't wait to start making animations for her! Might i ask one thing though
I was sketching up frames for a stand turning animation, and noticed that the belt wouldn't really fit with how its placed in the initial idle frame. I merely ask, mind if i tweak it? I was thinking of having it fall behind her standing leg instead of loosely hanging off the raised one. Just a suggestion feel free to shoot me down :p
Regardless, i do sincerely like these sprites, and heres a possible pallete ya might like. Massively excited this is a thing now