YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1572369 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#361  August 30, 2013, 05:53:14 am
(for anyone considering clicking on that link it's a "funny" article and not iwata himself)
#362  August 30, 2013, 06:02:25 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
My only problem with the 2DS is that it's aimed at younger gamers, but they didn't add screen protectors from what I can tell. For a target audience like that, you want it to be durable. The target audience isn't the gamer that buys his own stuff and has to pay for it himself if he breaks it. Younger gamers aren't really able to buy their own stuff and they're not as worried about it since they're not the one paying if it does break, and it's more likely to happen in this case.

My two cents.
#363  August 30, 2013, 07:54:06 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Screen protectors should be bought so they aren't damaged. If they are pre-applied the warranty comes into play IIRC.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#364  September 03, 2013, 05:40:30 pm
#365  September 03, 2013, 06:05:04 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a 3DS or 2DS, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's Products. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel the 1DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.
#366  September 03, 2013, 06:08:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont see why.
#367  September 03, 2013, 06:14:53 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Because he is an expert obviously
#368  September 03, 2013, 06:17:31 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
He he, let's all have fun by pretending it's real. :)
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#369  September 03, 2013, 06:21:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the price of $99.99i is fair
#370  September 03, 2013, 06:22:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wouldnt have minded something like that, it would make more sense for me to have an add on for my smartphone than to have a ds console that cant close on itself.

but seriously i dont get the shame thing and demands for nintendo to apologize EVEN if it was real.
#371  September 03, 2013, 06:25:34 pm
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a 3DS or 2DS, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's Products. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel the 1DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.
for those that didn't get the ref
#372  September 03, 2013, 07:23:25 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
I only expected Pikachu Guy to fall for that but i guess since no one beside Titiln quoted my post they didn't see the link to the Neogaf post(not sure it the video came first or the post), Hell If the 1DS was real I'd buy one just for the ability to play my 3DS games on a TV.
#373  September 03, 2013, 07:46:37 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Well, shit...
I actually fell for that.
#374  September 03, 2013, 07:51:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'd buy it!
#375  September 03, 2013, 07:54:01 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I only expected Pikachu Guy to fall for that but i guess since no one beside Titiln quoted my post they didn't see the link to the Neogaf post(not sure it the video came first or the post), Hell If the 1DS was real I'd buy one just for the ability to play my 3DS games on a TV.
:L you don't seem like the type of guy to say that
#376  September 04, 2013, 12:27:12 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya
#377  September 05, 2013, 09:36:39 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#378  September 05, 2013, 05:23:51 pm
#379  September 06, 2013, 05:14:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Wasn't this a thought experiment if the 2DS had not existed and Nintendo instead went with a 1DS?

DMK

#380  September 15, 2013, 10:21:52 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
the Wii U has another game today, unless you live anywhere besides the US because you already own it.  >:(

Whatever, Wonderful 101 is out and its so good and takes advantage of all that great stuff no other devs seem to know how to use. Go buy it, if you actually got a Wii U.