YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1570085 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#441  October 09, 2013, 12:59:47 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Why does Nintendo insist on releasing Kart Racing games on their consoles?
#442  October 09, 2013, 01:50:28 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Yes, Nintendo should ban the release of kart racing games on their consoles.
#443  October 09, 2013, 03:02:24 pm
#444  October 09, 2013, 07:18:03 pm
Nintendo should allow more fighting games for their consoles. Capcom VS SNK 2 did really great back than for the Nintendo Gamecube. Same with Dragonball Games and Mortal Kombat. İt gives variation to Gamers. They need to do this for Wİİ U aswell really.
#445  October 09, 2013, 07:29:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Lol, when did Nintendo ever forbid a third party developer to release a fighting game on a Nintendo console? Even the Mk games were ported in uncensored forms after the Mortal Kombat 1 debacle back in 1992 when only the Sega port was uncensored.

The thing is that the fighting game companies moved to the PSX and the Saturn back in the mid-nineties and the N64 got already only a few fighting games anymore. After the handful SNK ports through Takara on the SNES there was nothing by them anymore while they developed for the 32 bitters and later the PS2 and XB. SF Alpha, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Mortal Kombat were big on the PS1 and when the 128 bit generation arrived, Nintendo got only around 10 fighting games at all for their Gamecube while the PS2 got the most fighting games ever released on one console and the XB had only like 5 exclusive fighting games and a few ports, especially by SNK.

Last/Current Gen, the fighting games were again on Nintendos competition, mostly because the technical differences, and now Nintendo has a system there with the WiiU which is as strong or a bit stronger than the PS3 and games like TTT2, Injustice could be ported but sell like shit because the console itself sells very bad so far.

Nintendo needs to make deals with fighting game developers if anything, so it would be safe for them to develope for the WiiU and not lose money.

#446  October 09, 2013, 07:50:49 pm
i'll never understand why sf4 wasn't ported to the wii considering its huge install base. the game was ported to the iphone and 3ds
#447  October 09, 2013, 08:02:37 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
and android too :P
#448  October 09, 2013, 08:28:17 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
i'll never understand why sf4 wasn't ported to the wii considering its huge install base. the game was ported to the iphone and 3ds

Yup, that wondered me too, especially because Ono once mentioned in 2008 or 2009? that they try to port it to as many platforms as possible and the PS2 could get a port too.

It was also weird to see Tekken 6 and SC IV getting vita ports but nothing for the PS2 which was still the most installed platform and technically both games wouldn't be a problem on it
#449  October 09, 2013, 08:29:11 pm
  • For honor!
Lol, when did Nintendo ever forbid a third party developer to release a fighting game on a Nintendo console? Even the Mk games were ported in uncensored forms after the Mortal Kombat 1 debacle back in 1992 when only the Sega port was uncensored.

The thing is that the fighting game companies moved to the PSX and the Saturn back in the mid-nineties and the N64 got already only a few fighting games anymore. After the handful SNK ports through Takara on the SNES there was nothing by them anymore while they developed for the 32 bitters and later the PS2 and XB. SF Alpha, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Mortal Kombat were big on the PS1 and when the 128 bit generation arrived, Nintendo got only around 10 fighting games at all for their Gamecube while the PS2 got the most fighting games ever released on one console and the XB had only like 5 exclusive fighting games and a few ports, especially by SNK.

Last/Current Gen, the fighting games were again on Nintendos competition, mostly because the technical differences, and now Nintendo has a system there with the WiiU which is as strong or a bit stronger than the PS3 and games like TTT2, Injustice could be ported but sell like shit because the console itself sells very bad so far.

Nintendo needs to make deals with fighting game developers if anything, so it would be safe for them to develope for the WiiU and not lose money.

And to expand on that, fighting games are generally a niche market. Most third party games on Nintendo consoles are already a niche market due to the much larger general preference for first party games. Therefore, fighting games are not exactly market viable on Nintendo consoles in general.
Iroha stripped for me
#450  October 09, 2013, 08:39:55 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Nintendo will never be ideal for FGs because of their inferior netcode and weird peripherals and the FGC will not settle for those.  Interestingly enough the Wii U version of Injustice is said to be the best looking and with the most stable frame rate.  At least until the PC one comes out lol.
#451  October 10, 2013, 12:59:31 am
If you haven't played Super Mario, then you are a below average creator (according to Inafune).
IGN article about various developers and their reflections of Super Mario.

Keiji Inafune said:
If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible. There are so many hints about good design, about cute characters, about innovation in using an existing gameplay system. It’s something you have to constantly look at and examine and take hints from as a game creator. It’s the anchor that grounds almost all games. I have total respect for Miyamoto, to the point where… It’s very strange that there are national cultural treasures – they’re traditionally sportsmen. I think it’s very strange that somebody as famous as Miyamoto hasn’t been designated one of those people. He’s talked about in all different countries. Lots of people know him. He’s pushed forward Japanese culture and interest in Japan all over the world. He’s somebody that deserves everyone’s ultimate respect, and a lot of that is due to being able to create Mario. And Super Mario Bros. 3, of course, within that, was a fantastic game.
#452  October 10, 2013, 02:22:10 am
    • USA
He mentioned SMB3 instead of SMW, he's my fucking hero now.
#453  October 10, 2013, 09:04:10 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Ubisoft just confirmed that there won't be any DLC for Assassin's Creed IV on the WiiU while all other versions are getting multiple DLC extras like the "Scream for Freedom" Pack later this year

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/94044/Ubisoft+confirms+no+DLC+for+Wii+U+ACIV/

Is Ubisoft already leaving the WiiU development after the Wave of upcoming multiplatform games like ACIV and Watch Dogs?
Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:54:25 pm by Germanbaraka667
#454  October 10, 2013, 12:55:03 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Posted: October 10, 2013, 12:54:07 pm
"Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut costs quite a bit more on Wii U"

"For a few months now, retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop have listed pricing for Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut at $49.99 on Wii U and $29.99 on the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. As it turns out, this is final.

Square Enix had been previously hesitant to officially reveal the game’s cost, but nothing has changed since retailers put up their original listings. We’ve confirmed with the publisher that the Wii U version will indeed set you back $50, but only $30 on other consoles.

Why the difference in pricing? Other than the fact that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has landed on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 previously, I can’t really think of anything. The experience will be more or less the same across all platforms. "

http://nintendoeverything.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-costs-quite-a-bit-more-on-wii-u/

After i checked prices in Europe too, it is similar here. The PS3 and XB360 versions cost 29€ the WiiU version 39€
#455  October 11, 2013, 10:43:11 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
All US retail Nintendo WiiU releases for the rest of the year:

10/13    Skylanders Swap Force (Starter Pack)
10/15    Wipeout: Create & Crash
10/17    Mighty Switch Force! 2
10/22    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
      Just Dance Kids 2014
      LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
      SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge
10/25    Batman: Arkham Origins
      Wii Party U (w/Black Wii Remote Plus)
10/29    Angry Birds Star Wars
      Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
      Monster High 13 Wishes: The Official Game
      Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
      Sonic: Lost World
11/01    Wii Fit U
11/05    Ben 10 Omniverse 2
      Call of Duty: Ghosts
      Zumba Fitness World Party
11/07    Wii Sports Club
11/12    Barbie Dreamhouse Party
      DuckTales Remastered
11/15    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
11/19    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
      Watch Dogs
      Young Justice: Legacy
11/22    Super Mario 3D World

WiiU exclusive games from these are:

Wii Party U (w/Black Wii Remote Plus)
Sonic: Lost World
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports Club
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Sports Club
Super Mario 3D World
#456  October 11, 2013, 09:54:41 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#457  October 11, 2013, 10:47:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Lorule

Whoever thought of that name was clearly Hy on something...

Still gonna get it though

#458  October 12, 2013, 12:13:14 am
    • USA
Well, as a friend in a chat said about the subject of "Lorule"...

"Meh. Could be worse. Could be Eluryh."
#459  October 12, 2013, 08:35:11 am
İ like Zelda Games but, is it me or does the graphics look off in this upcoming Game. İ guess that the video must have caused color decrease after the upload.
#460  October 12, 2013, 11:46:09 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.