YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1578552 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#641  January 11, 2014, 05:49:03 am
I keep telling you guys, X is confirmed for 2014. I'm assuming late 2014, with more details coming at E3, but it was confirmed for a 2014 worldwide release in last summer's Nintendo Direct.

Titiln: Muramasa the Demon Blade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Sonic Colors. And some of those might be second party, and that's literally all I can think of. I feel like there were more that were eventually available on other platforms, like Dead Space Extraction, but they're not really coming to mind.

I believe what you're looking for is No More Heroes.
#642  January 11, 2014, 06:47:05 pm
I, I think it was actually Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World, but yours works better.

Oh, and Epic Mickey, Monster Hunter Tri...
#643  January 11, 2014, 08:55:17 pm
Titiln: Muramasa the Demon Blade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Sonic Colors. And some of those might be second party, and that's literally all I can think of. I feel like there were more that were eventually available on other platforms, like Dead Space Extraction, but they're not really coming to mind.
i don't count second party. no more heroes was alright. the trauma center games were good. epic mickey was trash. at the end of the day it's still not a lot of worthwhile third party games considering how much the console sold
#644  January 11, 2014, 09:44:58 pm
Wasn't trying to contradict your point, was basically saying 'I can name five, maybe, if I cheat, definitely not ten, and that's pathetic.' xD
#645  January 11, 2014, 10:12:29 pm
#646  January 17, 2014, 06:22:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nintendo slashes Wii U sales forecast from 9m to 2.8m

Nintendo has cut dramatically the number of Wii U and 3DS consoles it expects to sell by the end of the financial year.

Wii U's estimated sales are down from 9 million to 2.8m, while 3DS is down from 18m to 13.5m.

The company now expects another full year loss.

Net income for the year had been pegged at a profit of 55 billion yen (£322m), but is now expected to be a net loss of 25 billion yen (£146m).

The launch of Wii U hardware bundles and key games such as Super Mario 3D World helped the struggling platform a little, but the console still fell short of Nintendo's recovery plans "by a large margin".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-17-nintendo-slashes-wii-u-forecast-from-9m-to-2-8m

#647  January 17, 2014, 06:35:27 pm
it's good news that they're adjusting their plans to reality
Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:41:43 pm by Titiln
#648  January 17, 2014, 07:22:49 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#649  January 17, 2014, 07:51:19 pm
nintendo needs to start making mobile games. but make them about shit characters. a waluigi platformer. daisy's kart party. anthony higgs memory challenge.
#650  January 17, 2014, 08:02:21 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
nintendo needs to start making mobile games. but make them about shit characters. a waluigi platformer. daisy's kart party. anthony higgs memory challenge.

Why must you do this?
#651  January 17, 2014, 08:03:50 pm
he stinks and i don't like him
#652  January 17, 2014, 08:36:11 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
But Waloweegee and Daisy aren't shit characters.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#653  January 17, 2014, 10:59:39 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
you forgot the dark samus game.
#654  January 17, 2014, 11:04:09 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Fella, I'm about to freaking murder you.
#655  January 18, 2014, 12:01:38 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
These Dark Samus jokes would be better if they were over-abusing her presence in Metroid games or she was intentionally out of place to get attention, like Tingle in Zelda games.

She was just around for Prime, made for a couple awesome boss battles, made a nice story for the Prime trilogy, forced you to kill your friends near the end, then got killed herself in dramatic fashion.  Pretty cool looking villain too, for whatever that counts.  I don't get what's so bad about her.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyways, if they're looking to branch out to phones and such, but don't wish to use their mainstream titles everyone knows them for to keep actual console sales up, does that mean they're looking to use some older titles that haven't seen any news in a long time?  Or just coming up with new franchises, hoping they stick? (Or pushing them until they do)
#656  January 18, 2014, 01:09:42 am
pachter keeps saying unbelievably stupid shit about nintendo. no link because i don't want to give anyone hits because of it
So what's the solution for Nintendo? In Pachter's opinion, the company must swallow its pride and start publishing its first-rate software on competing platforms. Then, once Nintendo is ready to bring a more competitive console to the market, it can withdraw its support from the other systems and focus on its own platform again.
if things go completely sour for nintendo (console and portable turning into absolute failures) i could see them going third party. going third party and THEN reverting would be suicide

they should release a wii u without the gamepad imo. it would make the console much more affordable and most games don't even use it in crucial fashion. i mean, from the games i have:

nintendoland: the entire game was built around the gamepad so it wouldn't really work without it
new super mario bros u: a player can use it to draw platforms. there's a challenge mode built around that. otherwise it's not needed.
pikmin 3: better played with wiimote and nunchuck. gamepad can be used as a map and to order your characters around. this could be put into a paused menu so it's not really needed here either.
the wonderful 101: drawing the shapes is much quicker with one of the sticks than on the touchscreen. some parts have you moving inside the gamepad while other things happen outside. other than a couple parts in the game, it's not needed.
wind waker hd: gamepad is very convenient for map stuff and swapping items, but this could also be done on a pause needed. it's not crucial to the game.
mario 3d world: a couple stages have "touch here to create platform" or "blow into controller to make wind thing trigger". otherwise it's not needed

the next games that are going to save the console, kart and smash, don't seem to make particularly interesting use of it either. neither is donkey kong country tropical frozen throne but that's not really a console saving game
Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:15:46 am by Titiln

DMK

#657  January 18, 2014, 01:45:34 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
the wonderful 101: drawing the shapes is much quicker with one of the sticks than on the touchscreen. some parts have you moving inside the gamepad while other things happen outside. other than a couple parts in the game, it's not needed.

I think you can even have that show up on your TV anyways, making parts like that even more trivial. I'm sure Bayonetta 2 may do something like it, but no way in hell it utilizes the tablet in any crucial function as well.

I'm so broken on the Wii U because I have come to love it. I can switch between my many wonderful Wii games, throw them on a small screen if I like and play'em in bed. The exclusive games it has vary between genres and overall play and look great. I do what I can though and unlike others try to buy the games new rather then used(why wouldn't I though? Especially first party nintendo titles for club nintendo points)
Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:33:52 am by DMK
#658  January 18, 2014, 02:54:32 am
yeah but some parts need you to look at both screens (but then again i think it shows the other screen on the same screen like a picture in picture deal, i forgot). i like the gamepad, it's way more comfortable than it looks, it can make some things way more convenient, off-screen play is cool, it has potential for cool shit, but i don't think it's completely required for most games. make it optional.
#659  January 18, 2014, 10:38:34 am

I think you can even have that show up on your TV anyways, making parts like that even more trivial. I'm sure Bayonetta 2 may do something like it, but no way in hell it utilizes the tablet in any crucial function as well.

I'm so broken on the Wii U because I have come to love it. I can switch between my many wonderful Wii games, throw them on a small screen if I like and play'em in bed. The exclusive games it has vary between genres and overall play and look great. I do what I can though and unlike others try to buy the games new rather then used(why wouldn't I though? Especially first party nintendo titles for club nintendo points)

Hold up, what? Since when can you play Wii (not Wii U) titles on the gamepad?

DMK

#660  January 18, 2014, 10:51:30 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
You can't use the actual controls on the gamepad itself, but project the Wii games to it like a mini TV. I usually just slap a pro controller on the Wiimote and play it as usual. Not like I was ever a fan of the motion control stuff either. I wish Madworld had normal controller support.