YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1566758 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#761  January 30, 2014, 03:29:33 pm
you don't need a ds and a ds-wii u cable, you can't use ds games you own. vc is completely different.
#762  January 30, 2014, 03:39:11 pm
  • SNK is life
Not to mention DS games are actually good, and much closer to the current technology than his example.
#763  January 30, 2014, 03:52:47 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#764  January 30, 2014, 04:06:11 pm
it was listed on this earlier document http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130425e.pdf and now it's not there anymore. looks like it was shitcanned after all. good catch /b/ro

EDIT: some people are saying the game might not be listed because it doesn't have a set release date but that's irrelevant since amazing spiderman 2 doesn't have a specific date either, yet it's listed.
Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:14:41 pm by Titiln

DMK

#765  January 30, 2014, 04:50:45 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
lol ubisoft. Why is the idea so hard for them to understand that building a fanbase and delivering amazing ports or games to a console will get you money? Watch Dogs on the Wii U would of been one of the better versions with the tablet interface and most likely won't have that drastic of a change in visuals even on XB1 and PS4.

of course if this is true and not another mixup.
#766  January 30, 2014, 06:03:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#767  January 30, 2014, 06:17:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think it may complicate some games like Sonic or Yoshi's Island that require you to travel from screen to screen. Then again they may not even offer those games on VC.

I just want muh Zeldas, Marios, Castlevanias, and MegaMan ZXs
#768  January 30, 2014, 06:18:35 pm
  • SNK is life
Watch Dogs on the Wii U would of been one of the better versions with the tablet interface and most likely won't have that drastic of a change in visuals even on XB1 and PS4.
EXACTLY. It's kinda like what happened with Deus Ex Human Revolution. The Director's Cut version on the Wii U is the better game out of all the existing versions.

Not to mention the Wii U isn't exactly a SUPER INFERIOR console. It's already better looking than the previous gen. There's already such a large amassed know-how to make games with those limitations in mind, that Developers should be able to make good games at a reasonable cost for it.

Kinda like the 3DS having great games with the old refined technology of the PS2 era. Texture tricks, optimized models for low performance impact. Those are good games that shouldn't be too expensive to make. The same for the Wii U. Whoever isn't ready to spend JAGILLIONS OF DOLLARS in developing for the newer machines, could stay back in the Wii U. Like Atlus for example.

#769  January 30, 2014, 06:26:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You know , it's funny how hanging out in some anime forums there are discussion about resolution ( 720p, 1080p, 4k) , screen size and viewing distance and how at a certain distance there is no difference in watching a 720 video or a 1080p one, yet I have not seen anything like that regarding videogames in any of the videogame forums I frequent. basically if your screen is not big enough or you are not close enough, the visual will be pretty much the same.
#770  January 30, 2014, 06:30:39 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm pretty sure there's a difference between watching ANYTHING and playing a game, since you're the one controlling the camera angles, and you're expected to make HEADSHOTS based on that :P
#771  January 30, 2014, 06:48:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i don't know how that relate over a picture looking eactly the same, regardless of resolutino, thus turning some of the xbox one is faster that wiiu discussions pointless, if the graphics are going to look the same playing on a 42 inch monitor and sitting 5 yards away , the xbox one runing 1080p and the wiiu running 720p so they run at the same speed.
#772  January 30, 2014, 06:55:53 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I don't know if anyone said anything, but for any of you 3DS folks, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords is free on the eshop for four days.
#773  January 30, 2014, 09:55:31 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
i don't know how that relate over a picture looking eactly the same, regardless of resolutino, thus turning some of the xbox one is faster that wiiu discussions pointless, if the graphics are going to look the same playing on a 42 inch monitor and sitting 5 yards away , the xbox one runing 1080p and the wiiu running 720p so they run at the same speed.

There's more to it than that though. Since the Wii U is relatively "weak", it'll have lower res textures, and  a less stable framerate. Having played a few PS4 games, the stable framerate and razor sharp textures definitely stand out, regardless of how far away you sit. It takes a bit more scrutiny to discern the difference between Xbone and PS4 games, though.

DMK

#774  January 30, 2014, 11:02:26 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#775  January 31, 2014, 01:06:53 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I'm pretty sure Nintendo had Four Swords available for Free for 1-2 months before some year(s) ago. I should know this because I remember downloading ti on most of my handheld systems. So why would they keep doing this? For people who have not yet had a DS/3DS before now, are now giving it to those who NOW own a system?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#776  January 31, 2014, 01:08:56 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yeah, this is a rerelease of the Anniversary Edition from a couple years back

and hey now, I didn't have a 3DS when it first came out. :(
#777  January 31, 2014, 01:10:11 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
this is a win!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#778  January 31, 2014, 01:57:46 am
So why would they keep doing this? For people who have not yet had a DS/3DS before now, are now giving it to those who NOW own a system?
i'm glad you at least managed to give the completely obvious answer your own question
#779  January 31, 2014, 07:33:50 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#780  January 31, 2014, 10:57:36 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com