Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#481  February 05, 2021, 09:07:10 am
#482  February 05, 2021, 07:57:41 pm
  • SNK is life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBX67I5dwWc

Pretty underwhelming tbh, all that did was make me want to hear the original. Could've done a little more with it I suppose.

I think they'll give him a different team, it's not like SNK to give Iori the same teammates consistently.

For the record - The song from the trailer isn't new to KOF XV, it's actually from a remix from KOF XIV's PS4 "Yagami" Theme, and it's been out since 4 years ago.
#483  February 06, 2021, 08:45:48 pm
jacket looks great simple and elegant but that maroon bits makes it hard to see the design on his collar and the moon on his back. not a fan of the fire effect.
#484  February 07, 2021, 01:12:54 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I think Iori will be getting an all new team this time. I personally think they may bring back the idea they originally had for XII of him teamibg up with Oswald and a newcomer.

I often had this trio in my mind:-
Iori
Oswald
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That way we can finally have one canon this time.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#485  February 11, 2021, 03:01:36 am
    • Mexico
Iori with Joe wtf

#486  February 11, 2021, 03:03:19 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Consider my expectations fucking annihilated.
#487  February 11, 2021, 03:09:07 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
this either means that 1. joe is with iori, or 2. they're going to reveal the fatal fury team and iori's team right before the gameplay showcase
#488  February 11, 2021, 03:13:49 am
    • Mexico
I so do not know what to take off of this reveal. I may need to look back at the Hero team trailers, but I so do not recall teams having more than one theme, and frankly, this gives me too many ideas, none of 'em I'm a subcriber towards:
1.- Iori is truly teaming up with Joe (why?)
2.- Iori's a standalone character (think of a 97/99/2000 situation)
3.- Both characters are just part of different teams
#489  February 11, 2021, 03:16:57 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:39:35 am by yaret
#490  February 11, 2021, 03:18:08 am
    • USA
Joe has been on the Fatal Fury team in every single game. He's been with Terry in every game, and Andy is almost every game (with like, one or two exceptions).

So assuming this is still following the trend of reveals-by-team-order, then...

... why the literal hell is Joe with Iori? I NEED to get some clarity AND know the story reason... assuming that IS what this is.
#491  February 11, 2021, 03:37:54 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I'm literally crying from laughter here!

This move was pure genius! SNK just threw off everyone who's been trying to predict who would gonna be revealed. Next week nobody will have any goddamn idea what character will be shown.
#492  February 11, 2021, 03:39:10 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
There is only ONE possible explanation for a canon Iori/Joe team up.

SNK is once again stealing ideas from MUGEN and we are now getting the long awaited OROCHI JOE.  You see Joe will now be revealed to be a heir of Orochi because well how else is he able to magically create tornados from his bare hands and Iori decided to keep a close eye on him.

(Or maybe Iori's a single entry rather than a team like how Ash was in XIII I dunno nice way to throw us off)
#493  February 11, 2021, 03:40:43 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
I hope all the teams are gonna be 2k3/XI on crack, I loved how they mixed it up then.
#494  February 11, 2021, 03:51:41 am
There is only ONE possible explanation for a canon Iori/Joe team up.

SNK is once again stealing ideas from MUGEN and we are now getting the long awaited OROCHI JOE.  You see Joe will now be revealed to be a heir of Orochi because well how else is he able to magically create tornados from his bare hands and Iori decided to keep a close eye on him.

So assuming this is still following the trend of reveals-by-team-order, then...

... why the literal hell is Joe with Iori? I NEED to get some clarity AND know the story reason... assuming that IS what this is.

maybe he might be following Iori to investigate why Mature and Vice have been following him around, and hopefully wants one of them or both of them to follow him as well just to avoid that transgender woman that he often encountered in kof03 and kof13? :mlol:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#495  February 11, 2021, 04:04:04 am
    • USA
maybe he might be following Iori to investigate why Mature and Vice have been following him around, and hopefully wants one of them or both of them to follow him as well just to avoid that transgender woman that he often encountered in kof03 and kof13? :mlol:

I don't

get it

wut
#496  February 11, 2021, 04:47:32 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I personally think that since they unveiled the Hero Team for this game, the guys at SNK are throwing out trailers to tell everyone 'Hey, this character is in the game..'

I think a lot of people may notice that Iori and Joe don't exactly fit as team mates... yet, if SNK are throwing out trailers to say that so and so is in the game, then that might be what I'm seeing here.
#497  February 11, 2021, 04:59:06 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
3.- Both characters are just part of different teams

I think it's probably this, with them announcing characters out of order from their respective teams.
I believe KOF XIV did this, as well.
Although the story ideas that could come with Joe hypothetically being kicked out/replaced from team Fatal Fury & ending up teaming with Iori are pretty interesting to me...
#498  February 11, 2021, 05:07:04 am
    • USA
But if it's random then it feels super disorganized and wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I mean from a thematic view -- they revealed the Hero Team first... it'd be weird if they just stopped revealing teams, or revealed them at random. Like we have to go through another 8 reveals before it's like "Team Fatal Fury!"
#499  February 11, 2021, 06:06:33 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
But if it's random then it feels super disorganized and wouldn't make a lot of sense.
I mean from a thematic view -- they revealed the Hero Team first... it'd be weird if they just stopped revealing teams, or revealed them at random. Like we have to go through another 8 reveals before it's like "Team Fatal Fury!"

I think it's basically to keep people guessing as to who will be revealed next.
#500  February 11, 2021, 06:28:31 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Sorry, but I'm now seriously wondering:

how many trailers are left, until we get to see someone that isn't pretty much a revamp from KOFXIV?
Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:32:54 am by NDSilva