They should've brought back nightterror
check out my channel for Ikemen games and other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie
Re: Soulcalibur VI
#202  October 06, 2018, 01:54:52 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...I hope [Inferno] doesn't replace Azwel as a boss of this game

I think Azwel is just the final boss of the Libra of Souls mode, which would mean that Inferno might be the final boss of Arcade or Story mode.
#203  October 06, 2018, 06:12:20 pm
    • USA
I feel like I'm the only one who likes SC5
#204  October 06, 2018, 09:20:04 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I haven't played the game because I do not have an Xbox or PlayStation to play it.

But I have seen videos. I guess it is okay, but I get the feeling that people want the original characters back and to not retire them for newer characters.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#205  October 06, 2018, 09:32:05 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The fact that apparently 80% of the game was cut didn't help matters much either. Even with that, I'd still say it's a pretty good game. Character creation is always fun, and the game itself feels pretty solid and balanced; With the exception of a few characters, you never feel incredibly outclassed,, and even then you can still win if you know what you're doing.
#206  October 06, 2018, 11:29:47 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
At the time, story emphasis in fighting games was a questionable choice to include, typically left to be handled in other outside sources like with Street Fighter and their comics/shows/movies, but Soul Calibur was a stand-out exception that people typically enjoyed playing through.  SCV did itself no favors by yes, ditching much of the cast for reskins so they can keep the moveset but lose the character, and those that remained were more-or-less reduced to cameo roles like Ivy just being there to point which direction to go if not just not included in the story at all, but as I recall the ending was what really threw people for a loop with the whole incest thing between the two then-supposed new main leads to take over the series.

Now, for actual gameplay, I loved playing it online, was A1 for quite a while.  And since they introduced character creation its been a personal favorite of mine and SCV's was great, made a lot of characters through it. (Mostly Devil Jin people. because it looked less weird them punching people than hitting them with swords I guess?)  And I can only hope VI's CC is just as good if not better.  But yeah, from a purely online gameplay perspective, SCV was fine, sometimes really good.  But offline, even IV's weird inclusion of Algol, redesigned Siegfried and Nightmare and numerous guest stars not even counting the Star Wars bunch was so much better.

...Speaking of which, that was a fun if bizarre as hell idea, I liked it.  They should do that again, have a dozen or so guest star manga artists design their own takes on new Soul Calibur characters as mini-bosses.  We ended up with wood elves, gothic automations, oni and whatever Angol Fear was.
Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:33:34 pm by Long John Killer
#207  October 06, 2018, 11:39:58 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
...Speaking of which, that was a fun if bizarre as hell idea, I liked it.  They should do that again, have a dozen or so guest star manga artists design their own takes on new Soul Calibur characters as mini-bosses.  We ended up with wood elves, gothic automations, oni and whatever Angol Fear was.

There was a time I was deep enough into Sgt. Frog that I could answer that for you but thankfully those days are over

But I totally agree with you that they should have kept the manga artist gimmick

I mean would anyone really object to, say, a character designed by Yusuke Murata or Kohei Horikoshi being in the game
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#208  October 07, 2018, 12:00:09 am
    • USA
If for nothing else, they brought some really out-there ideas for the game's world that the regular storytellers from Project Soul wasn't likely thinking about, like the thought of people actually going after Asteroth for the thing's he's done so they built a steampunk war machine to kill him.  Or demons out there who weren't on the side of Soul Edge.  Even more basic than that, just character archetypes to play that the regular development team likely hadn't even had cross their minds like before-mentioned steampunk or futuristic space god.  Variety's good, heck, Shura from SCIV was so popular fans were begging for her to become a new mainstay back then.  And was turned down, unfortunately, but still.

Not that I think a superhero character like something out of My Hero Academia would work in this setting per say, but the guy's got enough artistic talent to come up with something cool that probably would.  And there's plenty of people to choose from.
#209  October 07, 2018, 12:20:55 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I mean would anyone really object to, say, a character designed by Yusuke Murata or Kohei Horikoshi being in the game
I would object because it feels wasteful to have an amazing artist like Murata come up with a cool design only for it to be used as a model swap of an existing playable character and then never be brought up again.

#210  October 07, 2018, 12:30:53 am
    • USA
Ashlotte was brought up in V after her inclusion in IV.  Them being bonus characters reusing another's playstyle doesn't mean they can't still be referenced in other titles later on.  Heck, I'm pretty sure that android option in this game's character creation is specifically based on Ashlotte, from what it appears to be.  Now, them designing the characters just to be reskins of existing characters, that I can get behind being annoying, all the clones Smash has been amassing is personally annoying with how each of them could be something greater.
#211  October 07, 2018, 01:47:48 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I feel like I'm the only one who likes SC5

I liked it, but the story was what killed it, not to mention the bad choice of removing great characters only to have them being replaced with less interesting copycats, I don't know what Namco or most Japanese developers have against female over the age of 40 being playable, would it really killed them to have Taki as a 40 years old being playable ? the only excuse I ever kept reading about is that she was ""Too Old to be a Ninja anymore" and adding her would make no sense, as if the story ever made sense, to begin with.

besides the story and characters, I was pretty much happy with Ivy and Hilda being in the game, and the online experience was rather satisfying, as it had the best net code I ever experienced in a fighting game
#212  October 07, 2018, 03:05:59 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, that seems to be the general vibe I got around SCV.  Good gameplay, great CaS mode, absolute dumpster fire of a story mode.
#213  October 07, 2018, 05:34:32 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, that seems to be the general vibe I got around SCV.  Good gameplay, great CaS mode, absolute dumpster fire of a story mode.

Pretty much, but VI is going to fix the story it seems. Loved what I played of the beta, and the scenes I did see of the Libra of Soul mode locked it in for me. It's basically a story driven weapon master mode with RPG elements to it.
#214  October 08, 2018, 08:56:16 am
  • Was it something I said?

Meet the Wizard Lizard.
#215  October 08, 2018, 11:37:07 pm
    • Germany
#216  October 09, 2018, 02:11:46 am
    • USA
Going back to the SC5 talk.... Honestly, I really liked playing it online. (Alas, I don't know if I'll be able to do that with 6, since the PSN is expensive.... I just wish they stuck to at least giving you a barebones internet for no money.)

And the character maker was at its best at that time. Looks like 6 is gonna basically have the same system.... I just wish they allowed you to make the face yourself, instead of being locked to a default set of faces. I mean heck, even Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires let you edit the faces. If this character maker had the depth of SC5, and allowed you to edit the faces. It would have been near perfect.

It's just kind of a shame that a lot of movesets will be lost in this version.... I had a human 02 (my avatar) character. And Viola's moveset worked surprisingly well.... Especially since I could turn the orb into a Dark Matter, thanks to the eye orb.
#217  October 09, 2018, 02:34:20 am
  • Was it something I said?
Honestly, the real thing holding me back from the CaS was the fact that in 4 and 5 is that they allowed their (and, well, everyone in general) is the armor breaking. It was such a blow to the stomach every time the King of All Cosmos lost basically everything, and took what made him special. At least hoping that will have the option to toggle it on or off.
#218  October 09, 2018, 04:25:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Dunno if it helps, but I noticed that with the taki  costume that the normal and the broken version are separate in the CAS.
#219  October 09, 2018, 04:30:30 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2lpclkK_o[/youtube]

Meet the Wizard Lizard.
let me know, can we make a new character built from scratch with whatever attacks in the game or just one for Figher?
because I saw in the video Bandai only used the boss attacks.
Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:36:17 pm by yaret
#220  October 09, 2018, 09:29:50 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
CAS characters use another character's entire moveset.