YesNoOk

MVC Auto Patcher - the Way to use it... (Read 4738 times)

Started by Sumenora, May 24, 2006, 09:44:30 pm
Share this topic:
MVC Auto Patcher - the Way to use it...
#1  May 24, 2006, 09:44:30 pm
  • Puppies love mugen too! :P
ok i have a more detailed infomation on using the MVC auto patcher too for those who dont know how.....ill make a example

1. First Patch your char that you want patched....

2. then goto your chars directory then look for the tag def file..for example

....Ryu_tag.Def

(their will be 2 def files  Ryu.def....and ryu_tag.def)

3. after you find that....make a copy of the other def...."ryu.def" in a seperate folder then delete the original

4. then.....rename the "ryu_tag.def" to "Ryu.def"

(note:  that will now be the def file...their should not be more then 2 def files in the directory keep the original copy def file in a seperate folder)

now you should be able to use the tag code...and thats it..^^

it worked for me at least...let me know if thats effective...

Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 09:51:37 pm by Sumenora
Re: MVC Auto Patcher - the Way to use it...
#2  May 25, 2006, 02:38:42 am
  • Whatever
    • n.domaindlx.com/platinumgp
The point of making a "<name>_tag.def" was so that it wouldn't interfere with the original .def, and you'd still be able to use it. Does this tutorial suggest that it doesn't work that way for you?

Random Creator: Ono! Someone stole my sprite rips? Don't I get a say in this?
Random Leecher: Hell no, your property is our property. We own youz, bitches!
Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!
Random Leecher: ... Yeah, and?
#3  May 25, 2006, 04:13:16 am
  • Puppies love mugen too! :P
the instrustions in the thread

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=39651.0

i followed the instrustions...exactly as told but for some reason it didnt do any effect to any of my chars...or the patch may cause a error and the end of it....

i just managed to make a loop hole in getting the patch to work...which seem to be effective...

Sludge

#4  May 28, 2006, 01:58:01 am
the instrustions in the thread

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=39651.0

i followed the instrustions...exactly as told but for some reason it didnt do any effect to any of my chars...or the patch may cause a error and the end of it....

i just managed to make a loop hole in getting the patch to work...which seem to be effective...

If you get the 128 command error than it means that the character was patched correctly and you are loading the correct def file, but unfortunatly the character doesn't support the patch.

And another thing i didn't realize is that referencing a character's file that is in a subdirectory that contains a space in it...for example Captain Caveman/captiancave.cmd will cause a "Cant open Character_tag.def" error.. If there is ever an update of tag team workshop this will be corrected.

Sorry if the making of seperate character_tag.def is confusing for some but it is the best way to do it, you don't have to have 2 copies of every character and you can still have the character in his original state.
#5  September 10, 2006, 06:01:13 pm
Wouldn't this interfere with Simul. I have a few characters that jump away and make it a 2on1..