YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129595 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#761  October 10, 2008, 06:59:59 pm
  • Suprise Buttsecks!!!!
    • USA
no shao-kahn = disappointment

any guesses for a main boss of the game
#762  October 10, 2008, 07:02:30 pm
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
*sighs*

You sure don't follow anything right.

Shaokahn and Darkseid are the bosses

I hear they're merging kinda like darkseid and brainiac did.
#763  October 10, 2008, 07:09:43 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Shao Khan is a boss, just as Darkseid.

don't expect a render until the game is released... which is today, according to my pre-order on gamestop  :P
#764  October 10, 2008, 07:50:40 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
It's released Nov 10...
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#765  October 10, 2008, 08:07:09 pm
    • Brazil
#766  October 11, 2008, 02:05:45 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Haha.  Just join us and there will be no issues because we sure as hell won't be changing.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

MDI

#767  October 11, 2008, 02:38:36 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
ey
#768  October 11, 2008, 02:40:06 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I remember a cover like that in one of the Marvel vs DC issues.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#769  October 11, 2008, 03:38:14 am
    • Brazil
Awesome new site.

but this means we will never know what the hell that eye of the storm was.
#770  October 11, 2008, 03:44:47 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Why is Batman in front of the cover.. and Why is he listed first on the site(DC roster)?...

Midway considers Batman better than Superman?
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#771  October 11, 2008, 03:45:26 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Batman *is* better.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#772  October 11, 2008, 03:54:42 am
    • Brazil
No he is not. (in fact, without superman, batman would not even exist). but he is more popular, specially due to movies, so DC is throwing him in front of everything they can. Which is funny, if you consider that he was supposed to be the stealth one.

Edit: ok... just to clear things up:

1) Back when superman was the only super-hero around, DC Asked one of their artists, a man known as Bob Kane, to create a character that would rival superman in popularity back then. here it gets tricky, but the most accepted version is that he saw an old movie from the 20's called "the bat", about a thief who used a bat costume. this was the initial inspiration for Batman.

2) Superman is the definition of Overpowered (just so you know, besides all of his worldwide known powers, he is also a low-class telepath, can oxygen his whole blood stream with a single breath (Allowing him to survive space, for instance) and survive inside the Sun). On comics, we are constantly reminded that he is tonning himself down all the time (up to the point that he does not uses his full powers not even in his dreams). the whole "Batman can defeat even Superman" started with Frank Miller, on the classic series "The Dark Knight Returns". in this comic, Batman defeats Superman in combat. however, most people forgot to pay attention on how he defeated Kal-el

A) he filled the area with synthetic Kryptonite.

B) he literally used the entire eletricity from Gotham City to fry Superman's head.

C) he was wearing a armor that can only be described as a"walking tank". it was so thick, Bruce could not even hear the outside world.

D) He had lots of time to prepare for all of this, since Batman considere everyone a potential enemy, including the person that was supposed to be his closest friend.

And even with this, he was not able to kill superman, or even making him unconcious. sure, he defeated him, but it was more a moral defeat than anything.

oh... and should I mention that Kal-el was actually reluctant to fight? after all, Bruce was in his 60's, while Kal was still in the prime of his physique.
Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:30:36 am by Tony 3rd
#773  October 11, 2008, 05:27:19 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
No he is not. (in fact, without superman, batman would not even exist). but he is more popular, specially due to movies, so DC is throwing him in front of everything they can. Which is funny, if you consider that he was supposed to be the stealth one.
Batman is better.  I'm admin and so it shall pass. 8)  Superman is boring God mode guy. ::)

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#774  October 11, 2008, 05:46:34 am
    • Brazil
Sure he is god mode. but boring? check the arc "The last son" or even the All Star version. All super needs is a writer who does not fear him. Its too easy to write about flawed characters, to use a loser or sad attitude to make contact with your reader. the true challenge is actually in taking that overpowered scout and show that you can he is just like you.

MDI

#775  October 11, 2008, 06:00:21 am
If Superman was in front, people would be asking the same question about him, resulting in people saying "Well cuz Batman is kewler and I just saw Dark Knight hence making him like a zillion timez kewler!!111"

Who cares...lets just appreciate that they got a professional and well-known comic book artist to put together an awesome cover.
ey
#776  October 11, 2008, 06:12:01 am
    • Brazil
+1

After knowing that the Kollector's edition would have a cover by Alex Ross, I actually wished that he did the design of the game. I'm actually curious on what would he his take on Scorpion and the other.
#777  October 11, 2008, 06:19:29 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#778  October 11, 2008, 06:24:29 am
    • Brazil
Nah... otherwise, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel would have to switch places.

MDI

#779  October 11, 2008, 06:24:54 am
Overall though, Superman looks cooler being in the background with those glowing red eyes. Hes all like RAWR I IZ WATCHING JOO!
ey
#780  October 11, 2008, 06:52:07 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.