YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129595 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#841  October 26, 2008, 06:17:19 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

MDI

#842  October 26, 2008, 08:01:05 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Personally I wouldn't go as far as saying this game will suck..because so far it looks very fun to me. I just think that if you want to keep a feature, you shouldn't half ass it.

Then again we had all the people complaining when the rumor that fatalities would be absent from the game were going around. See..this is why the fighting game genre moves so goddamn slow..because people can't let go of the past.

Mortal Kombat has tried to stay the "fighting game with excessive blood and violence" forever now, and with almost every current/modern other game in existence right now having blood, violence, excessive gore, cursing, and everything that would make a parent shudder in fear, I think they should take the risk of trying to move past the obsessive fans that will complain no matter what, because obviously Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon weren't exactly favorited by anyone. Having blood and grim killings isn't new anymore..can't we all stop judging MK purely on that? I know in an earlier post I complained about how dull the fatalities are in MK vs DC..but that is only because as I said, if they want to do something, they might as well go all out. If it was my way, I'd take em out altogether and just make up for it with super/hyper moves.
ey
#843  October 26, 2008, 02:57:58 pm
The game itself seems really floaty and the combos (and pretty much all moves for that matter) just don't seem to have an impact. I mean when your playing a fighting game and you hit someone you want it to look like it hurt, not have the person just doing this weird slipping-on-ice anim while they are getting their ass kicked.

In saying that though some of the new moves seem pretty cool like sub-zeros teleport but for me batman and superman (the main reasons I wanna play this) definately do not meet even my minimum expectations from the videos thus far. I'll probably still play it though and see for myself what its like.

And i'm sure this has been said before but that voice is sooooooo annoying, I mean what were they thinking?!?! "lets get someone with a deep voice to anounce" is a good idea coz it adds macho points but the guy they seem to love using is just rubbish, he tries to hard and just sounds constipated and happy about it! He must be boons boyfriend coz I dont see any other reason why he'd even have a job.

I always shine!
#844  October 26, 2008, 03:23:56 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Hey, I like the deeply constipated voice.

And I liked Deception and DA as well. Never played MK:A, though.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#845  October 26, 2008, 08:43:03 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
I was remembering my Mega Drive days (genesis, for the north americans), and I was wondering...

what would be the odds of having a "A B A C A B B" on this game?

OZ

#846  October 27, 2008, 12:54:00 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Then again we had all the people complaining when the rumor that fatalities would be absent from the game were going around. See..this is why the fighting game genre moves so goddamn slow..because people can't let go of the past.

Mortal Kombat has tried to stay the "fighting game with excessive blood and violence" forever now

But that's it's catch, the reason people play it.
It would be like trying to market Soul Caliber without weapons.
ಠ_ಠ

MDI

#847  October 27, 2008, 02:13:03 am

Mortal Kombat has tried to stay the "fighting game with excessive blood and violence" forever now

Well its pretty lazy though..and it won't work forever. They've already lost most of the fighting game crowd within the past decade.
ey

OZ

#848  October 27, 2008, 02:15:01 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
It was inevitable.
ಠ_ಠ
#849  October 27, 2008, 02:56:25 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.

Well its pretty lazy though..and it won't work forever. They've already lost most of the fighting game crowd within the past decade.
Every mk sucked after UMK3,and that's the reason why the MKs after MK4 wasn't made for the arcades

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.

MDI

#850  October 27, 2008, 05:17:03 am
Its also the reason why I welcome change!
ey
#851  October 27, 2008, 05:29:51 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Which is the very reason why MKA was made.

that was the last of the old "MK".

MKvsDC seem to be the first of many crossovers. and parallel to the crossovers, we will have MK8, which will be a true new beginning for the franchise.
The MK we knew has already ended, folks. something new is comming.

OZ

#852  October 27, 2008, 05:47:50 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Then they should go with a different name.
(I understand 'name recognition', but meh. --;)
ಠ_ಠ
#853  October 27, 2008, 07:42:07 am
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
MKA was decent..
#854  October 27, 2008, 05:28:16 pm
MKA was decent..

MKA was definatly the worst MK I've ever played, My personal fave mk is mk2 but outta the 3D ones I like MK:DA, i liked the whole two styles per character plus weapon, on top of which the had their classic special moves and fatalities.

I think if boon wants to recreate MK, he's better off creating a whole new franchise. MK is blood and fatalities, and things spelt with a K without those three things MK isn't MK any more. Mite as well call it Mortal Combat, it's lost it's kool factor

I always shine!
#855  October 27, 2008, 05:37:18 pm
Teen rate isnt bad at all. If we need to compare those with each other is that Samurai Showdown fits better with Mortal Kombat instead of DC Universe fitting Mortal Kombat.

In the V series they had those cut/kill/bloody/smash actions.

Even if DC do have those Brutalities, it just doesnt look good. It's like a what if system on DC.

A Samurai Showdown VS Mortal Kombat would be better with fatalities for both sides. :)               

#856  October 28, 2008, 12:36:36 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Why is it that every time I check on this post, I find nothing but the bashing of Mortal Kombat and barely any news. Be lucky that I don't report this to the moderator for over-spamming.

MDI

#857  October 28, 2008, 01:32:20 am
Why is it that every time I check on this post, I find nothing but the bashing of Mortal Kombat and barely any news. Be lucky that I don't report this to the moderator for over-spamming.

Jeez guy..relax. We're all just discussing our views and opinions, thats all. If you want news you can just go to worldscollide.com.

No need to get upset. :o
ey

OZ

#858  October 28, 2008, 03:42:09 am
  • ಠ_ಠ

It could hardly be considered offtopic...
But we'll stop as long as you don't call the moderator on us.
ಠ_ಠ
#859  October 28, 2008, 03:53:16 am
  • SNK is life
>:(

What's going on in here, kids?
* [Walter] crosses his arms

OZ

#860  October 28, 2008, 03:56:30 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Ummm...
Tony started it, I swear.
Please don't ban me, we're sorry, we'll stop okay.
ಠ_ಠ