YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129555 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#921  November 05, 2008, 11:09:41 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I wouldn't consider it a "new direction", just a crossover. But I'm not against a MK game getting a T rating. Hell, MK was one of the games that invented the ratings system indirectly. It can do whatever the hell it wants as far as ratings are concerned.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#922  November 06, 2008, 03:04:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I dislike the renders for, well... practically everyone. The close kombat looks horrid.
The regular gameplay doesn't look too sharp either.

The fact that they watered down the already watered down product and that cheesy intro animation finally did it in for me.

I never was much of a fan of the newer MKs (MK4+) but at least they had some merit behind most of them.

The gameplay will have to blow me away for this to appeal to my old MK fanboyism at all.
#923  November 06, 2008, 03:06:34 am
  • I still can't see it.
mk began too lose its touch after it went 3D.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
oversized signature! please read the rules

Tohno Shiki

#924  November 06, 2008, 03:30:34 am
one thing that i like in this game is the fact that MK does fataites and DC cant do fatality (because story-wise they dont kill, there against that) But they can do Brutality without killing the opponent.
#925  November 06, 2008, 03:47:22 am
the dc villains can do fatalities
#926  November 06, 2008, 10:22:54 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Hey, I've seen some really good fatalities in the past.

Personal favorite is Cage's exploding backbreaker.
Cage's MKSM Ball Breaker fatality
As hystericaly lame as that would be that "fatality" is one of his special moves.
WHAT?!? seriously?! I know the game has pretty lame fatalities but C'MON! I like that lame fatality! I want to kill my opponents with shaolin honor!   >:(

._.

still cant wait to play this game. :)
What?! o_O I'm not the only one who despises excess killing? Yeah, baby!  :suttrox: Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!
Fatalities have never been very cool.. >_> I'd perfer supers.

Uh...it's the fatalities that made MK awesome

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#927  November 06, 2008, 02:44:11 pm
fatalities are the only thing that made mk popular because it was a controversial matter. take that away and you've got a really fucking shitty fighting game.
#928  November 06, 2008, 03:04:07 pm
  • Eh, I just live life; what about you?
Call me crazy but two things;

1. Titiln is right, the fatalities are the only really redeeming qualities of the MK series. Brutalities and all the rest are just to keep the game kicking and interesting.

2. I like the friendships better.  :)

Check this out, it's an awesome game: Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
#929  November 06, 2008, 03:40:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Unlike those who like to rip somebody's body part away from them, those of us who don't like fatalities would appreciate this. It's like Ed Boon said, they're starting from scratch using the Unreal Engine.
#930  November 06, 2008, 07:15:53 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#931  November 06, 2008, 07:19:30 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#932  November 06, 2008, 10:01:59 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#933  November 07, 2008, 12:21:41 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
hmmmm.... i'm still keeping my pre-order for for the sake of online play.
i will try to see if someone around here will have a backup of the european version, if you know what i mean....
#934  November 07, 2008, 01:28:25 am
  • I still can't see it.
Uh, what ? It's pretty much the same game..
I mean, it just had faster game play, especially in MK3, the combos began to get slower in MK4. Then they got rid of combos in MK Deadly Alliance. Plus the characters were really good and original, plus every one had major popularity. But after MK3, they had too much and people would forget most of them, like Jarek, Hsu Hao, and sometimes Reiko.
#935  November 07, 2008, 01:32:50 am
what this game needs is the blood code from the genesis version of MK1.  :P

and another thing...

Uh, what ? It's pretty much the same game..
I mean, it just had faster game play, especially in MK3, the combos began to get slower in MK4. Then they got rid of combos in MK Deadly Alliance. Plus the characters were really good and original, plus every one had major popularity. But after MK3, they had too much and people would forget most of them, like Jarek, Hsu Hao, and sometimes Reiko.

Diarou and Darius seem the most forgetfull for me.
#936  November 07, 2008, 01:46:41 am
  • I still can't see it.
and ol what his name, uhhhhh, oh yeah, Chameleon.
#937  November 07, 2008, 02:15:13 am
  • I'm awesome!
first off sug'ar, chameleon is awesome. naw, just kidding, he was exactly what every ninja was on mk. a rip off of one another. but the other comment about mk loosing its touch when it went 3d.are you serious. that was when they actually got good. the 2d's were awful!
I SUPPORT THE EMO hXc SUBCULTURE!!!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#938  November 07, 2008, 02:23:33 am
  • I still can't see it.
you joking? :blank:
That' s when they were the most original. Plus I just don't get the thrill out of beating Murloch (MKDA) as I did by Beating Kintaro and Motaro. (MK2 and MK3)
#939  November 07, 2008, 05:39:48 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Why don't they make it's gore a little bit like MKSM's gore? Hell, you could chop someone to pieces even without doing any fatalities

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#940  November 07, 2008, 03:38:26 pm
  • wanna match bowls
first off sug'ar, chameleon is awesome. naw, just kidding, he was exactly what every ninja was on mk. a rip off of one another. but the other comment about mk loosing its touch when it went 3d.are you serious. that was when they actually got good. the 2d's were awful!

u serious.  MK3 and UMK3 were the best, the combos were pretty hard to pull off so it took pure skill and timing, and they always looked so damn intimidating when someone pulled them off, they look painful too.  when they went 3d it sucked cause they got rid of the combos, it just became another 3d game that didint have much advantages against other 3d fighters, and also when they went 3d all the newer upcomming characters didint look cool at all and no one ever played with them really, people dont even rememeber them.  they could have advanced soo much with the combo system especially in todays technology.....how sad