YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 130110 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#941  November 07, 2008, 03:45:02 pm
  • wanna match bowls
I still think that MK should have crossed with Killer Instinct..... back in the day they were both rivaled violent fighting games, and it would have resurrected the KI series back in a good way.  and i guarenteed it would have been rated M and had crazy fatalities.   jago vs liu kang would be tight  ;D

its jus that i see MK vs DC as kinda dumb, story wise.  it jus doesnt make any sense and removing gore from MK is just a huge negative.   game still look awesome but if it was MK vs KI it would have been one to remember forever.
#942  November 07, 2008, 04:43:16 pm
    • Denmark
    • http://blogs.xboxlife.dk/da_senzai/
For me MK vs DC looks like UMK3 just with new GFX and new Characters :0)

Im really excited about it :D

I´m gonna play Liu Kang since he is my main in UMK3, and then i´m gonna play with Captain Marvel because he is awesome. SHAZAM!
#943  November 07, 2008, 06:09:38 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
I still think that MK should have crossed with Killer Instinct..... back in the day they were both rivaled violent fighting games, and it would have resurrected the KI series back in a good way.  and i guarenteed it would have been rated M and had crazy fatalities.   jago vs liu kang would be tight  ;D

its jus that i see MK vs DC as kinda dumb, story wise.  it jus doesnt make any sense and removing gore from MK is just a huge negative.   game still look awesome but if it was MK vs KI it would have been one to remember forever.
KI rips off MK and has really lame character designs...
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#944  November 07, 2008, 06:15:41 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
well... the next MK game is supposed to be M rated, part of the main series (this crossover, if canon, would happen between MK2 and MK3, BTW), and according to Boon, more realistic and take the series back to its roots.

so i guess you guys have something to wait for.
#945  November 07, 2008, 06:41:19 pm
    • Denmark
    • http://blogs.xboxlife.dk/da_senzai/
I thinks this game takes MK back to the roots gameplay wise (which is what is important). Except for the lame Kombat modes :)
#946  November 07, 2008, 07:01:33 pm
  • wanna match bowls
I still think that MK should have crossed with Killer Instinct..... back in the day they were both rivaled violent fighting games, and it would have resurrected the KI series back in a good way.  and i guarenteed it would have been rated M and had crazy fatalities.   jago vs liu kang would be tight  ;D

its jus that i see MK vs DC as kinda dumb, story wise.  it jus doesnt make any sense and removing gore from MK is just a huge negative.   game still look awesome but if it was MK vs KI it would have been one to remember forever.

the only thing that KI ripped MK with was the fatalitys,  besides that KI had the intense combos and combo breakers, KI got popular off combo system while MK got popular cause of fatalties.  ya they had shitty character designs but that was years ago on super nintendo....at that time MK had boring character design too, they advanced threw the years and if they had a cross over with KI i bet KI designs would look awesome. 
#947  November 07, 2008, 07:11:23 pm

KI was a better game in just about every single aspect of gameplay.
#948  November 07, 2008, 07:11:57 pm
  • You know it!
LOL

KI was/Is far from being better than MK. MK2 alone owns KI..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:28:15 pm by John Morrison
#949  November 07, 2008, 07:39:35 pm
  • wanna match bowls
LOL

KI was/Is far from being better than MK. MK2 alone owns KI..

well Mk2 is considered as one of the best and most popular fighting game of all time lol    but KI has way better gameplay compared to MK.   MK2 jus had super moves and fatalites.   MK copied KI's combo system on MK3  and it still wasent as good as Instinct's.  KI had super moves, combos, combo breakers, fatalites, etc.     all im saying is it would have been sweet if they brought back KI with newer more enhanced character designs to face off with MK.   MK vs KI have been rivaled since day 1 until KI stop makin games.   the whole DC thing is a little too off the wall and not soo cool.   even tho im a big dc fan
#950  November 07, 2008, 10:02:28 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Ya, I liked KI more than MK overall as well. But I'd rather play the arcade version.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#951  November 07, 2008, 10:04:02 pm
  • wanna match bowls
ya.....like damn dc vs mk is a dumb idea.  the game is gonna be successful i know that, but i bet it aint gonna be that great.    MK vs KI people would have went nuts
#952  November 07, 2008, 10:55:00 pm
  • You know it!
I perfer DC characters than KI characters. :blank:

WOO! WOO! WOO!

MDI

#953  November 07, 2008, 11:07:13 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
MK vs KI?

Might as well throw Eternal Champions in there, along with any other gory 2d fighting games that have died out over the years.
ey
#954  November 08, 2008, 03:43:09 am
  • Fantô lives!
    • trinitymugen.net/
MK VS TimeKillers
#955  November 08, 2008, 03:44:02 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#956  November 08, 2008, 12:16:14 pm
    • USA
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42450.html

The explination of rage mode, sounds good to me atleast, game's getting more depth with the time for fortune. I just hope the characters wont share the same get-hit voices as before (well, at least scorpion sounds unique when he gets hit, he sounds like... ermac O_0)

also a few other fatalities if you missed them:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42472.html

seriously, if gameplay is like MKA im ok with that, but the thing that makes me want to play this game is the story mode, the story itself just looks great to me ^^, thank god this dreammatch had a good storyline.
#957  November 08, 2008, 12:34:08 pm
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Rumors say there will be Downloadables  8) I hope Cage, Kung Lao, Lobo, Hawkgirl, Ermac and Mileena are few of those

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#958  November 08, 2008, 01:31:43 pm
  • Cool
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But seriously, this is DC's chance to shine.

I hope this game doesn't fail like I think it will...
So this.... this is the beginning of something awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBGN4pLDqSE

I support real hip hop.
Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:04:08 pm by C-Cool
#959  November 12, 2008, 05:21:55 pm
  • wanna match bowls
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But seriously, this is DC's chance to shine.

I hope this game doesn't fail like I think it will...

i agree with your whole post
#960  November 12, 2008, 06:10:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。