YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 130104 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#961  November 12, 2008, 06:22:21 pm
  • Guess where I'm From
    • s11.invisionfree.com/NEWSpeak_Forum
Joker's VA owns  :sugoi:
My teeth really are beautiful.
#962  November 12, 2008, 07:02:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wonder if it was hamil, need to listen to it better with samples of hamil to compare.
#963  November 12, 2008, 10:27:08 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
#964  November 12, 2008, 11:04:22 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
While the concept seems questionable to many, this game looks awesome still. Even the music's pretty good.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#965  November 13, 2008, 02:59:09 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
Rumors say there will be Downloadables  8) I hope Cage, Kung Lao, Lobo, Hawkgirl, Ermac and Mileena are few of those

So far, it's been alternate outfuts, like Soviet Superman and maybe (just maybe) the Heath Ledger version of The Joker, if Midway is allowed to

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
#966  November 13, 2008, 04:45:07 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
well Mk2 is considered as one of the best and most popular fighting game of all time

Wrong, that would be Street Fighter 2.

The only thing MK vs. DC has going is the fanservice, gameplay will be crap compared to Street Fighter 4.
#967  November 13, 2008, 07:53:50 am
I'd play either MKcsDC or SF4.

Also, go back to the SF4 thread.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#968  November 13, 2008, 03:13:33 pm
  • Eh, I just live life; what about you?
Well, it's not easy to describe the Joker and his insanity.  :S

Check this out, it's an awesome game: Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
#969  November 13, 2008, 06:36:29 pm
  • SNK is life
The vids are actually looking good, no matter how nonsensical the story might be.

Which got me thinking. If this is MORTAL KOMBAT... how come none of their characters has died in the canon? Are Fatalities just WHAT IFs?
#970  November 13, 2008, 06:44:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Liu Kang and Johnny Cage died in the cannon

and a slew of others have died ala SF4 tactics so they are wrote back in later...

People either come back to life (human or zombie) or it turns out they were not dead to begin with.

I assume the Fatalities are real. But are canon-ly only used on extras. Those Star Trek guys in the red suits that are also in the tournaments. The fellows that you cannot ever play as or see that fight in OutWorld or on Earth.

MK gameplay without the gore isn't enough to get me to play it. The original 3 MK games are fun but not because of their deep fighting engines. And something about the gore of the 3d ones isn't as appealing as the gore in the 2d ones... I don't know...

Looking at the gameplay I don't think I will like it. I hope I am wrong however.
#971  November 13, 2008, 06:55:22 pm
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
The vids are actually looking good, no matter how nonsensical the story might be.

Which got me thinking. If this is MORTAL KOMBAT... how come none of their characters has died in the canon? Are Fatalities just WHAT IFs?

sub-zero is having a dream
"fatality.  Scorpion wins.  Flawless victory."
"ah! oh thank god it was only a dream!"
#972  November 13, 2008, 07:35:36 pm
  • SNK is life
ha wiki proved me wrong. Original Sub Zero died by the hands of Scorpion in the first MK. MK2 Subzero is his younger brother, and in MK3 Noob Saibot is his Neatherealm revived soul or something.
#973  November 13, 2008, 07:41:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
noob saibot become a wraith in the nether realm, Liu kang died and come back as a zombie, those are the only main "deaths" that were uphold.

Remember whenthey changed subzero sprite to remove the mask? that was to try to mark him as the younger , "softer" brother.
#974  November 13, 2008, 10:49:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah. Turns out that Sub Zero from MK1 didn't die. He came back in UMK3
#975  November 13, 2008, 11:25:27 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
UMK3 has no storyline, which probably means it's not cannon.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#976  November 14, 2008, 12:12:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Speaking of canon, is Mortal Kombat vs. [glow=royalblue,2,300]DC Universe[/glow] part of the whole Mortal Kombat storyline?
#977  November 14, 2008, 12:29:55 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Well, it's not easy to describe the Joker and his insanity.  :S

What is so hard about describing the joker's way of thinking? He pretty much behaves like 4chan's /b/.

Now back to thread:

Does anyone have anything on deathstroke? Among Lobo, he is one of my favorite dc characters.
#978  November 14, 2008, 01:11:32 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Speaking of canon, is Mortal Kombat vs. [glow=royalblue,2,300]DC Universe[/glow] part of the whole Mortal Kombat storyline?

no. its not. but if it was, it would have happened during between MK2 and MK3.

Neither neither UMK3 or MKT are canon, AFAIK.
#979  November 14, 2008, 01:31:48 am
I heard MKT was a retcon of UMK3, which was a retcon of MK3. Granted, why Raiden is able to fight during MK3 is a mystery, unless him losing his powers in outworld was retconned out.

Cenobite 53 said:
#980  November 14, 2008, 10:55:44 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Liu Kang and Johnny Cage died in the cannon

and a slew of others have died ala SF4 tactics so they are wrote back in later...

People either come back to life (human or zombie) or it turns out they were not dead to begin with.

Cage was revived by the Elder Gods in MK4 because of his wish to fight Shinnok in Liu Kang's Side.

And Liu Kang was revived because after Raiden was revived into Dark Raiden, he took Liu's corpse and added shackles and revived him. He looks awesome in Zombie Mode, too bad he doesn't say brains.

I heard MKT was a retcon of UMK3, which was a retcon of MK3. Granted, why Raiden is able to fight during MK3 is a mystery, unless him losing his powers in outworld was retconned out.
That thing *Raiden loses his powarz in outworld* is true for the movies, but a lie for the games. Why was he able to aid Liu Kang and Kung Lao in Outworld while they were trying to rescue Sonya and defeat Kahn and he facing off with Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in Outworld if he was to have no powarz? He'd get owned hardcore.

no. its not. but if it was, it would have happened during between MK2 and MK3.

Neither neither UMK3 or MKT are canon, AFAIK.
True. And NOOB SAIBOT DID APPEAR in MK3, but as a black Kano. No, not a black-like jax Kano, but a Kano who had his body all in black, his face and outfit is not visible.

noob saibot become a wraith in the nether realm
He became a wraith because Shinnok turned him into one. If not, he wouldn't be in any MK games after MK1

MKM:SZ storyline was before MK1, where Older Sub kills Scorpion
Remember when they changed subzero sprite to remove the mask? that was to try to mark him as the younger , "softer" brother.
He removed his mask because....there was no actor to portay the ninjas. I mean, he refused to be a cyborg along with Smoke but Smoke was cyborg-tized and Sub-Zero was not. Now that the Lin Kuei was hunting him down with their newly made cyborgs, he removed his mask and scarred his right eye that means he was a traitor to his clan.

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.