YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129604 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#981  November 14, 2008, 01:19:14 pm
As far as I knew the original Sub-Zero died in MK2... which is why in MK3 we got the unmasked and "improved" Sub-Zero (This is slightly off topic but just had to say Sub-Zero is easily one of the best fighting game character names ever!!!  :sugoi: *fanboy pop*)

And loadsa people die in MK but they usually ask the elder gods to do something so they bring them back to life (yes the elder gods have no problem reviving the dead to help earth but never seem to wanna step in and stop the bad guys)

And I dont think raiden loses his powers in outworld coz he's always helping lui kang fight the outworld bad guys mostly in outworld.

One of the weirdest things in MK is the fact that the obscure and often overlooked ninja Ermac is ment to be able to kick EVERYBODYS ass in cannon yet they have never made any kinda deal about him. He should be the MK equivilent of Akuma...

I always shine!
#982  November 14, 2008, 01:39:47 pm
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
As far as I knew the original Sub-Zero died in MK2... which is why in MK3 we got the unmasked and "improved" Sub-Zero (This is slightly off topic but just had to say Sub-Zero is easily one of the best fighting game character names ever!!!  :sugoi: *fanboy pop*)
Have you played MKM:SZ? It pretty explains MK4

And loadsa people die in MK but they usually ask the elder gods to do something so they bring them back to life (yes the elder gods have no problem reviving the dead to help earth but never seem to wanna step in and stop the bad guys)
There's Mortal Kombat to decide which realm survives :p (they use Mortal Kombat)

And I dont think raiden loses his powers in outworld coz he's always helping lui kang fight the outworld bad guys mostly in outworld.
I also forgot to add he doesn't lose his powarz in other realms too

One of the weirdest things in MK is the fact that the obscure and often overlooked ninja Ermac is ment to be able to kick EVERYBODYS ass in cannon yet they have never made any kinda deal about him. He should be the MK equivilent of Akuma...
Ermac doesn't have a goal exactly. Well, after Liu Kang seeked his help in MKD he did have a goal: to help the lost souls to achieve what they have not achieved before they died. (I'm not pretty sure about this)

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#983  November 14, 2008, 02:25:47 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I'm pretty sure Raiden was weaker in outworld in the games, at least with the early ones. I recall that in MK3 that Raiden said he was unable to help the kombatants. But that was probably retconned out.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#984  November 14, 2008, 10:14:50 pm
There's Mortal Kombat to decide which realm survives :p (they use Mortal Kombat)

Yeah, and the elder gods do plenty to help earth relm there, when they could just as easily destroy the bad guys instead of creating a bunch of zombies. I mean they should just butt out if they aint gonna go the whole way

Ermac doesn't have a goal exactly. Well, after Liu Kang seeked his help in MKD he did have a goal: to help the lost souls to achieve what they have not achieved before they died. (I'm not pretty sure about this)

Before MKD ermac was under shao kahn's control, making him a bad guy, so before hand he shoulda been whooping some earth relm ass then once he helps liu he shoulda been the super bad ass of MK. When i'm trying so say is that in canon he is ment to be a super bad ass, yet the first time they really show any kinda interest in him was MKD which was so late in series considering he was put in during UMK3 (as far as I can remember)

I always shine!
#985  November 14, 2008, 10:54:25 pm
    • Denmark
    • http://blogs.xboxlife.dk/da_senzai/
#986  November 15, 2008, 02:48:43 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#987  November 15, 2008, 03:16:24 am
    • USA
it's funny how everybody talked about sub zero and all that crap but no one marked that Noob Saibot is in fact sub zero's older brother, the one who died in MK1 which makes me think ed boon and john tobias had part of the whole storyline idea since that time (I mean people realizes noob is MK1 sub zero in MKD!).

A few more finishers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9I7wupttXw

LAWL! Liu got back his MK3 fatality ^_^
#988  November 15, 2008, 03:22:37 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#989  November 15, 2008, 03:26:28 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Lack of blood isn't even the problem here, just they all (bar a couple of exceptions) look like such sissy moves with no impact at all. ???
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#990  November 15, 2008, 07:24:05 am
Seems W.e.e.D managed to put what I thought of some of the fatalities in words. I could come up with better finishers for some that aren't gory.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

OZ

#991  November 15, 2008, 08:18:08 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
What on earth is up with Baraka's?
It's just his throw...
That can hardly be considered a finishing move, let alone a 'fatality'.
ಠ_ಠ
#992  November 15, 2008, 08:49:30 am
What on earth is up with Baraka's?
It's just his throw...
That can hardly be considered a finishing move, let alone a 'fatality'.
With those lame fatalities, I pity Boon

Yeah, and the elder gods do plenty to help earth relm there, when they could just as easily destroy the bad guys instead of creating a bunch of zombies. I mean they should just butt out if they aint gonna go the whole way

Before MKD ermac was under shao kahn's control, making him a bad guy, so before hand he shoulda been whooping some earth relm ass then once he helps liu he shoulda been the super bad ass of MK. When i'm trying so say is that in canon he is ment to be a super bad ass, yet the first time they really show any kinda interest in him was MKD which was so late in series considering he was put in during UMK3 (as far as I can remember)
Before MKDA....without Ermac, Kenshi wouldn't have telekinetic abilities and without Kenshi, Ermac would still be in Kahn's control

#993  November 15, 2008, 06:52:29 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 06:56:07 pm by John Morrison
#994  November 15, 2008, 06:56:16 pm
What do you expect him to do? That's really the best they could give him, and I'm fine with that.

Cenobite 53 said:
#995  November 15, 2008, 07:09:22 pm
Maybe he could run them over with his batmobile.
#996  November 15, 2008, 07:13:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
they have more than one fatality, he is prone to use his car on one of the others.

Still, kano looks like "oh god they are in my hair, get it offf get it offff" instead of subdued.
#997  November 16, 2008, 02:39:41 am
    • USA
#998  November 16, 2008, 03:18:48 am

#999  November 16, 2008, 06:21:25 am
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
#1000  November 16, 2008, 07:13:51 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
Yeah, and if I was skilled, I'd get the MAME ROM for Batman Forever (The Arcade Game, not those crap-ass console versions), rip out Batman, and code and edit to  let out my anger.

DC Comics are pussies. They even made Midway censor one of Deathstorke's fatalities because it had a headshot.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.