YesNoOk

BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17) (Read 129822 times)

Started by Takehaya Susanoo, May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Share this topic:
BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#1  May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix
Latest patch: https://www.mediafire.com/?64186dxbclm25k0

Not in BB style because I know I cannot handle doing a proper conversion. He is a bit smaller than most BB characters, but you can fix that by changing his constant data. All specials are always unlocked. 6A, 4D and Collapsing Resentment are not included.

Commands:
D, DF, F+A/B/C        =      Sundering Claws
D, D+A/B/C             =      Towering Flame
D, DB, B+A/B/C       =      Megalith
F, D, DF+A/B/C        =     Hunter's Fang
F, DF, D, DB, B+A/B =     Dancing Dual Kick
F, DF, D, DB, B+C     =     Dancing Dual Kick -> Bloodspiller (hit)/Hunter's Fang (miss)
D, D+Z                    =     Inevitable Calamity (hold to extend)
B, D, DB+A/B/C       =     Splintering Thrust
F, DF, D, DB, B+A/B =     Blade of Judgement
F, DF, D, DB, B/C      =     Liberating Dagger
F, DF, D, DB, B, F+C =     Strike of the Possessed God (Arc Drive has no specials while Another Arc Drive is the OD version with all specials)
Last Arc                   =     Roar of the Mad King

Original Japanese and custom English voicepacks are available. I hope I did not miss anything when preparing to upload this.

To do:
-Add missing graphical effects and sound effects
-Add glow to certain animations (probably will not do it though)
-Fix whatever is found
-Improve AI

Credits:
-⑨ for the character used as a base
-Hutuno for AI used as a base
-Seraphs Ares for ripping Terumi's English CP voice
-Venom00 (dustloop) for ripping Susanoo's CF voice
-rNNN_ (dustloop) for ripping Susanoo's sprites
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:24:30 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo released (14.05.17)
#2  May 14, 2017, 07:53:05 am
Now Unlimited Susanoo can be a thing.
Also this is out of nowhere unexpected but definitely welcome.
Edit: I think you made the command times to short making it a bit hard to pull off some attacks.
Also I think his damage is too high for someone who can combo like him.
Also kind of feels like the AI is a bit...strong but that's just my opinion.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:14:30 am by Memes never die
#3  May 14, 2017, 08:12:33 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Well...this is a surprise...a very pleasant surprise...I didn't expect to see someone make Susanoo before Ryutaro's got released.

If it's not BB styled, then what kinda style did you use for him? You might wanna put that in the description, just throwin that out there. Ima definitely be testing him out. We need more BB characters, especially the new ones from CF. Would you mind if i did a showcase video for him?

Great Work!
#4  May 14, 2017, 08:15:11 am
Also it's Melty Blood styled like the comment above you'll probably want to add that to the title and description.
#5  May 14, 2017, 08:16:59 am
    • Japan
Also it's Melty Blood styled like the comment above you'll probably want to add that to the title and description.

Oooooooooooh MB styled! Sounds very interesting, that's my favorite style for characters. Definitely excited to try this out now!
#6  May 14, 2017, 08:19:20 am
I feel like you should also tone down the damage on his 641236c in blood heat it does like 90 to 80% of health I feel like 60% or 50% is better.
Edit: I feel that this move should be a bit slower and that the ending part should last a tad longer....you can ignore this it's just a suggestion.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:39:17 am by Memes never die
#7  May 14, 2017, 08:25:15 am
    • Japan
Ok first off, i LOVE him already!

Some small feedback from the 2 - 5mins of testing:
-Tone down his damage. I have my HP in the settings set to 150% and he does MASSIVE amounts of damage per base hits compared to my other characters. Don't get me started on his Ex-Moves. Although his Hunters Fang can use a bit of buffing oddly enough for damage, it does less then a base hit when done by itself.
-Personal Nitpick, this may be impossible due to MB styling since i know their Ex-Shielding during Blood Heat is how their activate their Last Arcs, but if possible add a life trigger to his Last Arc, Roar of the Mad King to not be usable unless P2 is at 20% HP or Lower. If not possible, then consider lowering its damage by alot, as it does the whole bar at 150%.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:31:59 am by Atheon
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released (14.05.17)
#8  May 14, 2017, 08:41:56 am
Yeah I feel like roar of the mad king should probably only be usable on the last round and with the opponent's health at 20% like the comment above.
The last round thing can be thought of as a little homage to when you can use astral finishes there.
#9  May 14, 2017, 08:46:37 am
    • Japan
Yeah I feel like roar of the mad king should probably only be usable on the last round and with the opponent's health at 20% like the comment above.
The last round thing can be thought of as a little homage to when you can use astral finishes there.

Yup thats what i was getting at. It may be a bit harder because it'd make a huge part of Blood Heat useless in the first round and because its MB styled. But i think it'd be better then being able to use it whenever u have Blood Heat on.
#10  May 14, 2017, 08:50:44 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Now Unlimited Susanoo can be a thing.
Also this is out of nowhere unexpected but definitely welcome.
Edit: I think you made the command times to short making it a bit hard to pull off some attacks.
Also I think his damage is too high for someone who can combo like him.
Also kind of feels like the AI is a bit...strong but that's just my opinion.
Looks like I forgot to fix that. Will be done.
I did not change it much from the original character, but it does look like it. Will be done.
I might have gotten carried away with it, but I do not think I will do much about it aside from fixing something that was not intended such as jumping around when there's no need for it.
Well...this is a surprise...a very pleasant surprise...I didn't expect to see someone make Susanoo before Ryutaro's got released.

If it's not BB styled, then what kinda style did you use for him? You might wanna put that in the description, just throwin that out there. Ima definitely be testing him out. We need more BB characters, especially the new ones from CF. Would you mind if i did a showcase video for him?

Great Work!
Done. And I would not mind that.

Thanks.
I feel like you should also tone down the damage on his 641236c in blood heat it does like 90 to 80% of health I feel like 60% or 50% is better.
Edit: I feel that this move should be a bit slower and that the ending part should last a tad longer....you can ignore this it's just a suggestion.
It really does feel like it. I will compare it to other Arc Drives and see how much damage it should deal.
I tried to make it fit what he is saying. I might slow it down.
Ok first off, i LOVE him already!

Some small feedback from the 2 - 5mins of testing:
-Tone down his damage. I have my HP in the settings set to 150% and he does MASSIVE amounts of damage per base hits compared to my other characters. Don't get me started on his Ex-Moves. Although his Hunters Fang can use a bit of buffing oddly enough for damage, it does less then a base hit when done by itself.
-Personal Nitpick, this may be impossible due to MB styling since i know their Ex-Shielding during Blood Heat is how their activate their Last Arcs, but if possible add a life trigger to his Last Arc, Roar of the Mad King to not be usable unless P2 is at 20% HP or Lower. If not possible, then consider lowering its damage by alot, as it does the whole bar at 150%.
Will be done.
It is actually an instant kill here, but it will be fixed as Last Arcs are not supposed to be such if I remember correctly.
#11  May 14, 2017, 09:05:34 am
    • Japan
Glad to see you taking feedback. Appreciate that very much.

Quick question, does he have a Blood Heat Gauge at all? I haven't noticed one, not on 16:9 or 4:3 Mugens. If so you might wanna implement one, as theres no visible way of telling you can use Blood Heat at all, unless you've tied that to the Powerbar. If you do implement a Blood Heat Bar, i recommend making it work on 16:9 as well as 4:3. I personally use Widescreen and i can't tell you how many Mugen characters have hidden powerbars due to not being made for it.
#12  May 14, 2017, 09:14:12 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA

Quick question, does he have a Blood Heat Gauge at all? I haven't noticed one, not on 16:9 or 4:3 Mugens. If so you might wanna implement one, as theres no visible way of telling you can use Blood Heat at all, unless you've tied that to the Powerbar. If you do implement a Blood Heat Bar, i recommend making it work on 16:9 as well as 4:3. I personally use Widescreen and i can't tell you how many Mugen characters have hidden powerbars due to not being made for it.

It should not be any other way.

He has one. It is same as with ⑨'s MB characters. You can turn it on through the Config.txt file. I do not remember which variable it was, but it has (1) instead of (0) if I remember correctly.
#13  May 14, 2017, 09:24:31 am
    • Japan

It should not be any other way.

He has one. It is same as with ⑨'s MB characters. You can turn it on through the Config.txt file. I do not remember which variable it was, but it has (1) instead of (0) if I remember correctly.

Ah i see, it just doesn't work for 16:9 resolutions, its invisible...thats really a shame : (

Edit: Managed to kinda fix it by just changing the groups alignment/coords, though for some reason the MAX, BLOOD HEAT etc sprites next to the bar were bright white so i just removed them along with the excessive lines.

Edit 2: Nvm i was being stupid, i missed the actual overlay sprites for the text further back in the SFF, so i moved those too. Perfect now : )

Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:04:11 am by Atheon
#14  May 14, 2017, 10:05:32 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Edit: Managed to kinda fix it by just changing the groups alignment/coords, though for some reason the MAX, BLOOD HEAT etc sprites next to the bar were bright white so i just removed them along with the excessive lines.
HEAT, MAX and BLOOD HEAT use two separate sprites (one is normal and the other one is white). Maybe that is why.

Edit: a bit too late, huh.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:08:40 am by Takehaya Susanoo
#15  May 14, 2017, 10:20:39 am
    • Japan
HEAT, MAX and BLOOD HEAT use two separate sprites (one is normal and the other one is white). Maybe that is why.

Edit: a bit too late, huh.

Heh, bit but its ok, Thanks : )
#16  May 14, 2017, 08:12:10 pm
    • Japan
Some Small Feedback:
-His Forward Dash Grab (forget the name, the one where he dashes forward to grab them and slam them against the wall) causes this to happen. He remains in his falling animation and stays with you as you move around,

So far thats all i've found thats an issue. I'll report more if i find any.
#17  May 14, 2017, 08:30:45 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Some Small Feedback:
-His Forward Dash Grab (forget the name, the one where he dashes forward to grab them and slam them against the wall) causes this to happen. He remains in his falling animation and stays with you as you move around,
So far thats all i've found thats an issue. I'll report more if i find any.

This is not supposed to happen. Splintering Thrust has a failsafe coded like other throws to make the enemy go into their falling state if Susanoo is not attacking, but Susanoo himself is not coded to release the enemy. His TargetBind code's time is set to infinite. I can fix this. But I must say that this never happened to me. There should not be any way to interrupt him mid-dash and when it can be interrupted, the enemy is set to be bound for a finite amount of time. I need to know what exactly triggers it.
#18  May 14, 2017, 08:38:52 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
#19  May 14, 2017, 08:45:46 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Some feedback from me.

-When Susan's 421(Any version) collides with a projectile, the animation continues as if he hit the other player.
-Also, I think I found a possible infinite combo.
-And a suggestion is to tone down the chip damage of his Michael Sword Blade of Judgement.

If I find something else, I might report here.

-I have not even thought of testing it on projectiles. I know what to do though.
-"Invalid" constantly appears here, so, I suggest you try it on someone who uses aerial recovery whenever possible like Nu-13 to be sure. If it works, then it is an infinite.
-Will be done.
#20  May 14, 2017, 08:58:16 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

You'll make other Blazblue characters in this style?