YesNoOk

Alice Garnet Nakata KOF XIII Style (Read 8138 times)

Started by OphaR, January 15, 2024, 12:15:21 pm
Share this topic:
Alice Garnet Nakata KOF XIII Style
#1  January 15, 2024, 12:15:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm not a pixel artist or an animator (That's pretty obvious  :neatdrop:), but I would love to make an Alice char in a KoF XIII Style.
First I'm making some animations with few colors and in a slightly higher resolution. And then we'll see
  ;D

Re: Alice Garnet Nakata KOF XIII Style
#2  January 15, 2024, 02:21:28 pm
Wow that is beautiful
I like 3d to 2d
Ilke is better by Digital Jinny
#3  January 19, 2024, 05:48:37 pm
#4  February 27, 2024, 09:24:26 am
  • ¡Good!
Hi everyone,

I'm not a pixel artist or an animator (That's pretty obvious  :neatdrop:), but I would love to make an Alice char in a KoF XIII Style.
First I'm making some animations with few colors and in a slightly higher resolution. And then we'll see
  ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¡Very impressive!.
#5  February 27, 2024, 09:37:34 am
#6  March 08, 2024, 05:32:07 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I haven't worked on a KOF XIII sprite in ages, so I thought I'd give it a shot. This is incomplete (haven't touched the boots/hat/belt) and is in no way an indication that I'm going to do the whole sheet:

What I did was resize it, touch it up a bit and added the missing shades. KOF XIII has 7 shades per color and works mostly like this:

From darkest to lightest:
      - Lineart for shadowed area.
            - Fill for shadowed area (and linear for light area).
                  - Transition to light area 1.
                  - Transition to light area 2.
            - Fill for light area.
                  - Light area mild highlight.
                  - Light area bright highlight.

It was a LOT easier having the light source already pointing from the correct direction and the shaded and lit areas so well defined.

Not sure if you used a program to have the shadow/lights separated so clearly, but if there's a way to tell it to add two extra shades between the shadow and light, most of what would be left to do is to do some basic clean up and add highlights, which is a lot less time consuming.

Or, you could leave it like this. Right now it could sort of pass for a Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax sprite. :)
Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 03:03:46 pm by Graphicus
#7  March 08, 2024, 09:05:42 am
I haven't worked on a KOF XIII in ages, so I thought I'd give it a shot. This is incomplete (haven't touched the boots/hat/belt) and is in no way an indication that I'm going to do the whole sheet:

Wow, amazing work!  :D :coollove:

Not sure if you used a program to have the shadow/lights separated so clearly, but if there's a way to tell it to add two extra shades between the shadow and light, most of what would be left to do is to do some basic clean up and add highlights, which is a lot less time consuming.
I didn't. I just recorded some videos on the game and then I redraw the sprites with Photoshop (not all the sprites, just a few).

Winner Screen:

By the way, I have resized her head and feet to give her a more childish appearance and be more similar to characters like Yuri or Athena. What do you think?

Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:32:39 am by OphaR
#8  March 08, 2024, 03:11:31 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I didn't. I just recorded some videos on the game and then I redraw the sprites with Photoshop (not all the sprites, just a few).
Wow, that sounds like so much work! And yet you claim to not be an artist, LOL.

By the way, I have resized her head and feet to give her a more childish appearance and be more similar to characters like Yuri or Athena. What do you think?
Looks good! Though you haven't resized the whole thing to be the correct scale yet.

#9  March 11, 2024, 06:30:15 pm
Wow, that sounds like so much work! And yet you claim to not be an artist, LOL.
It is a lot of work, yeah hahaha

Looks good! Though you haven't resized the whole thing to be the correct scale yet.
No, just the head and feet. I have noticed that characers like Yuri or Athena have her head and feet on a slightly larger scale than other, more adult characters (and the eyes maybe).
#10  March 17, 2024, 02:59:18 am
  • Patiently waiting

Meanmuging all day
#11  March 17, 2024, 04:53:49 pm
#12  March 18, 2024, 12:58:18 pm