YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread (Read 1526200 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:49:06 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread
#761  July 24, 2023, 01:04:00 am
  • Wandering....
Refrain from posting 4 times in a row, try to condense your posts in one or two at most if you don't have enough updates. I'm going to merge some of your posts now.
Also posting gifs might slow down the page loading times. I'm going to put those in spoilers.

Done.

thank you for your feedback yes will do next time, regarding the spoiler.

To further illustrate on the old Capcom arcade aspect ratio topic, hopefully this image can be of some help:

thank you for the detail explanation, i was only aware before of aspect ratio 4:3 and square one 1: 1, not knowing the other
#762  July 25, 2023, 11:07:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
thank you for the detail explanation, i was only aware before of aspect ratio 4:3 and square one 1: 1, not knowing the other

You're welcome. :)
Guess I should also add that the "old console" aspect ratio from that picture is technically the "true" 4:3 resolution and thus the intended aspect ratio, since the games back then were designed to be displayed on a standard 240p CRT monitor, which in their majority didn't show the first and last 8 pixel rows of the screen - so the developers simply opted to not draw anything beyond the visible 224 pixel height area.

Btw, this is probably the best video on YouTube about the topic as a whole:

Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 11:20:55 pm by NDSilva
#763  July 29, 2023, 09:00:30 pm
  • Wandering....
Any tips on what software/tools on making animation frames for CPS2 style?

Thanks
#764  August 03, 2023, 08:50:54 pm
The same tools you use to draw anything, you use them to make CPS2 sprites. The only thing that differs is how they're drawn, no software will tell you how to do that: there's plenty of reference from the Capcom games, use those.
#765  August 25, 2023, 08:43:24 pm
  • Wandering....
The same tools you use to draw anything, you use them to make CPS2 sprites. The only thing that differs is how they're drawn, no software will tell you how to do that: there's plenty of reference from the Capcom games, use those.

Thanks man
New #766  August 26, 2023, 11:11:50 pm
  • Wandering....
projectile update and doing a dodge

4 dodge style

simplified

I base it from Gundam battle master

Here is the attempt the 2nd frame to 4th frame is minimized to 90%

or

No resize

No vertical