YesNoOk

CVTW2 Idea thread (poll up come vote) (Read 287004 times)

Started by Memo, August 13, 2016, 11:48:20 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Ton Pooh is in homies! but....

give her striders spot on main roster (strider can still be DLC later on)
5 (17.9%)
leave her as DLC for future release
15 (53.6%)
fuck Ton Pooh, who else ya got in line?
8 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: June 15, 2017, 09:02:09 pm

Re: Capcom vs the world 2 idea engineering topic
#141  March 23, 2017, 06:56:58 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
what about having one of sean's characters as a boss? there's a new character called dark nation which never made the final cutting floor for shades and he's fully complete and fits in perfectly as a boss. it could be great to implement him in a new fullgame since he never made it in shades 2

But they work for Maddicorp, they are just high level henchmen after all. Sean released them as DLC, they didn't have a storyboard but he said that they worked for Maddigan. Though they could work as a sub boss. Now that I think about it, Mr. X was made from DN too. Also for final bosses, why not Oroch---*gets shot*
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:00:11 am by R565
#142  March 23, 2017, 07:03:00 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
what about having one of sean's characters as a boss? there's a new character called dark nation which never made the final cutting floor for shades and he's fully complete and fits in perfectly as a boss. it could be great to implement him in a new fullgame since he never made it in shades 2

Oh I forgot all about dark nation, Sean's link is down send a copy if you can
Please ill check him out.

Hmmmm.

Well for Capcom, you could use Pyron or Ingrid. Or Yami from Okami, if you can get someone to make him:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7SfZ-ymKA[/youtube]

As for World, that is going to be a hard one. What if you narrowed it down to a theme? Fantasy, alien, universe-destructor threat, maybe something like that can help us suggest to you a boss.

That kind of boss from vs games, huge and weird is something
I would like to have actually.

Now this is the idea I've been having, I haven't wrapped my head around
The idea completely just yet but ive been having ideas of spriting a
Character that's just made of clsn boxes and kinda break the 4th wall
Make it seem like its the actual game system fighting you as a boss.
With a stage that looks like a glitch, as if the characters got stuck inside
This videogame and became "awoken" to they're reality. It sounds weird
But I think it could be pretty cool for a boss.  And since he's the game system
He can "cheat" and have extra system mechanics normal characters dont have
Go all out and make him cheap like snk bosses.

That's just an idea, I'm not sure if ill go with it, I can sprite it since its just a bunch
Of blue and red boxes but its not something I'm 100% on yet. Im interested in what
You guys think of my idea for this boss.
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:05:09 am by Memo
#143  March 23, 2017, 07:11:25 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
That sounds a lot like something Giyagas would do. Also about Jojo, Dio Over Heaven could fit sub boss or boss wise. Either way, that interactive stage sounds cool as hell but it sounds like a pain to code...
#144  March 23, 2017, 08:04:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
That sounds a lot like something Giyagas would do. Also about Jojo, Dio Over Heaven could fit sub boss or boss wise. Either way, that interactive stage sounds cool as hell but it sounds like a pain to code...

Oh no I didnt mean a interactive stage, that would be fucking awesome thou to be
Honest but I wouldn't have any idea how to make those.

lui

#145  March 24, 2017, 01:39:05 am
    • USA
#146  March 25, 2017, 04:22:24 pm
    • USA
    • xanderyatesthenerd@gmail.com

I like the idea of a boss that is the "game" itself. Maybe even find a way for the announcer himself to be pit againist the player, maybe just by having the boss have the same voice, or something else entirely. I'd want the world boss to not be some super obvious pop culture icon, so I attempted to list some potential characters. 

For other world bosses, I'd suggest:
Mister Mxyzptlk - From DC, and I think it'd be cool if the boss was from a world that doesn't have representation. But Mxyptlk is a reality warper, and you can even use comics for inspiration for crazy things he could do to the player.
Bruce Almighty - Jim Carrey with god powers. He could be a parody of SNK bosses.
Jareth the Goblin King - Could have a moveset based on using a "stage", in which he alters to trap and mess with the player. He could also use DANCE MAGIC as an attack, which may be the whole reason I'm listing this.
Honestly someone recommended Gigyas and I think that would be the most ideal "World" boss, because it's so out there and  the powers are never fully explained so you can do a lot with that.

For plot purposes, you could easily create a reason for each mixing the worlds or being involved as well.

lui

#147  March 25, 2017, 04:34:07 pm
    • USA
the problem with that is that there aren't any sprites for those characters and that memo isn't a spriter himself. unless he gets a dedicated spriter for the project I doubt that those ideas would come to fruition anytime soon
#148  March 25, 2017, 08:38:50 pm
    • USA
I'd be willingly to sprite them. Besides since their reality warping they'd just need basic sprites and most of the effects would be on the stage itself, at least how I'm thinking of them.
#149  March 25, 2017, 10:25:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I'd be willingly to sprite them. Besides since their reality warping they'd just need basic sprites and most of the effects would be on the stage itself, at least how I'm thinking of them.

The stage isn't interactive though,  and for the final boss I think it would be best if he's
An original character, not from capcom or from another existing world.
2 sub bosses would be cool though,  1 cap 1 world.

Then stage I have in visioned would look like a glitch in the code, backgrounds changing,
Disappearing to reveal screens, the ground can disappear for a second or change.
The screens can display code like 1's and 0's something like that matrix movie effect.

I'm Spriting the final boss as hitboxes I already have some cool ideas I want to do for
"It" lol maybe make grow huge, have him break down in pieces as he takes damage like
The SF2 brick breaking bonus stage but the bricks fight back, jump fly shoot shit ahh this
Is gonna be awesome once I get to it.
#150  March 25, 2017, 10:32:48 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Overheaven DIO like what R565 mentioned would make for a great "World" sub-boss (you can never go wrong with JoJo too ; D).

Completely custom sprites too, if you want an image:

This is a generic forum signature.
#151  March 25, 2017, 10:37:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Overheaven DIO like what R565 mentioned would make for a great "World" sub-boss (you can never go wrong with JoJo too ; D).

Completely custom sprites too, if you want an image:

Isn't Jojo capcom?
#152  March 25, 2017, 10:46:48 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nah. Heritage For The Future was only made by Capcom, they don't actually own it.

So if you end up testing him out and wanting to put him in, he's good to go for the World side.

Just in case, here's the link to Heal The World's OneDrive.
This is a generic forum signature.
#153  March 26, 2017, 12:42:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Nah. Heritage For The Future was only made by Capcom, they don't actually own it.

So if you end up testing him out and wanting to put him in, he's good to go for the World side.

Just in case, here's the link to Heal The World's OneDrive.

Thanks for the link, just got home I'm bout to check him out he looks cool.
#154  March 26, 2017, 03:56:03 am
    • USA
For the glitch boss, one idea is you could have the "Hit the Car" screen, but then for a slight bit the car fights back. I dunno, I was inspired by the brick idea you mentioned, and thought it could be fun.
#155  March 26, 2017, 05:09:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
For the glitch boss, one idea is you could have the "Hit the Car" screen, but then for a slight bit the car fights back. I dunno, I was inspired by the brick idea you mentioned, and thought it could be fun.

Yea he can have random stuff like that, I'm thinking maybe ill give him a big amount
Of health and fight him as if he's a mini game or something, start off with him in a easy
State for example like.the brick breaking bonus with a time limit, he grows and you have
To chip away at his body to break him down, and while your at it he can be jumping, rolling ECT
 if you fail you get hurt or you can add extra damage to his ridiculous life amount.

Then eventually he turns into a cheap boss type, with a mean keep away game, long pokes and
Projectiles, like a fusion of sagat, apocalypse and a sentinel.

Have specials that behave like low and high fireballs, tiger knee.
Helpers like apocalypse's drones that shoot lasers at you, and a super
Like apocalypse's drill that goes across the screen.
 long reaching basic attacks like sentinels and missiles.
#156  March 26, 2017, 02:48:34 pm
    • USA
Also, I just noticed. You said you wanted the roaster to have one character a franchise, but you have K' and King. I mean, I know KOF is a crossover so you can claim King is from the game she originated in, but essentially they're both from KOF. Not that I don't want King, just more curious the reasoning for keeping her. Female representation?
#157  March 26, 2017, 07:30:50 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Also, I just noticed. You said you wanted the roaster to have one character a franchise, but you have K' and King. I mean, I know KOF is a crossover so you can claim King is from the game she originated in, but essentially they're both from KOF. Not that I don't want King, just more curious the reasoning for keeping her. Female representation?

King for Art of fighting, K' is purely a KOF character he never appeared in a game before then.
Plus I need more honey's on the roster, but honestly king might get swapped for kasumi from AOF
#158  March 28, 2017, 03:32:18 am
    • USA
Ah, I just would prefer someone else, but that's just me (and I love king!). Just cause Capcom Vs. SNK has already happened, and there is so much potential. But sadly it's harder to think of viable female fighters with available sprites out there. I get the choice.

Personally I'd try to smuggle a persona char (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKACjojecMo) or skullgirl in, but I get their style clashes and all that jazz.
#159  April 11, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Just thought I'd pop my head in to say something: I notice you have Sub-Zero on your roster. In between working on Ryu for CvWA, I'm creating an alternate sound file for the CvtW Sub-Zero that uses his MKX voice, which got ripped some time ago. If you like, I could send it over to you once I'm done, so you can use it in your own project.
#160  April 11, 2017, 07:26:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Just thought I'd pop my head in to say something: I notice you have Sub-Zero on your roster. In between working on Ryu for CvWA, I'm creating an alternate sound file for the CvtW Sub-Zero that uses his MKX voice, which got ripped some time ago. If you like, I could send it over to you once I'm done, so you can use it in your own project.

That's cool send it when your finished I wont get to him for a while