YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734379 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1981  March 19, 2020, 02:47:28 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
While Crash Bandicoot is my number one wish for this DLC wave (as with the first, really), I have really come around to love the idea of Dr. Eggman to be a new playable. Honestly they made a really solid and compelling case, while also acknowleding the importance of Eggman's role as a video game character. Would fit very well into Smash.

Also: Page 100 hype.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1982  March 19, 2020, 05:37:52 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Robotnik.
#1983  March 19, 2020, 05:40:45 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Unfortunately, it would be Eggman that gets in. I would like to daydream of a Robotnik/Classic echo, but looking at Sonic's alt situation makes me realize that won't be official.
#1984  March 26, 2020, 03:47:36 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
well, after we got a fire emblem three houses character named byleth, we're officially gonna get an ARMS character finally since spring man is an assist trophy and Spring man, ribbon girl, min min, twintelle, and ninjara are spirits

which character do you think will be actually playable for smash?

I'm thinking the final boss max brass would be in
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:51:10 pm by drewski90
#1985  March 26, 2020, 03:58:13 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

Eh, I was thinking that Dr. Coyle would get in...tho I wouldn't hold my breath (Would be cool tho)

Don't think...obey
#1986  March 26, 2020, 04:42:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
This could be interesting.  I mean, an ARMS character in general is a great idea (I’m picturing Little Mac with range and an actual recovery), but all the most likely candidates are already spoken for.  So either it’s going to be some left-field rando instead of a main character again like Piranha Plant, or we’re about to see an assist trophy or Mii costume get promoted.
#1987  March 26, 2020, 04:43:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I really hope it's not Spring Man because I wouldn't hear the end of all those Isaac and Shadow Fanboys
And I REALLY hope it's not Ribbon girl, Min min, Twintelle or Ninjara because I wouldn't hear the end of the Geno fanboys
#1988  March 26, 2020, 04:55:30 pm
    • USA
Spring Man is the first character to seed the idea of promoting assist trophies to playable status, all to lead up the big reveal that the final character in the game will be Waluigi.
#1989  March 26, 2020, 05:05:52 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I want Kid Cobra or DNA Man.
This is fate.
#1990  March 26, 2020, 05:23:49 pm
    • Brazil
Why the sudden ARMS speculation? Did I miss a hint?
#1991  March 26, 2020, 05:27:23 pm
    • USA
Nintendo Direct today announced a non-specific ARMS character as the next fighter, out in June.
#1992  March 26, 2020, 05:28:55 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#1993  March 26, 2020, 05:30:04 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

There ya go
#1994  March 26, 2020, 05:30:21 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I'm hoping for Twintelle since they flubbed so hard with Mai during the Terry reveal... but, I think they may head in a different direction.

Gotta keep Smash pure for the good boys and girls, you know. ;)
#1995  March 26, 2020, 05:38:23 pm
    • Brazil
I never played ARMS, do those characters have unique attacks? If not, I could easily see "ARMS fighter" being a character and each alt would be someone from that game's roster. Otherwise, I think Spring Man is the most likely one.
#1996  March 26, 2020, 07:40:05 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I never played ARMS, do those characters have unique attacks? If not, I could easily see "ARMS fighter" being a character and each alt would be someone from that game's roster. Otherwise, I think Spring Man is the most likely one.

Each of the characters had different parts you could put on and some characters, like Twintelle, had their 'ARMS' in other locations (with her, it was her twin pigtails). Byte and Barq are a tandem team similar to how Duck Hunt and Banjo-Kazooie would work. Mechanica is a teenage girl in a mecha.

There are plenty of options here.
#1997  March 26, 2020, 09:11:02 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
OH SHIT, how did I miss this!? :fear:

So, a ARMS character officially confirmed, heh? That's actually great news. ;D

(Thank GOD, real news! Those YT speculations with the same old lads in the thumbnail were starting to become saturated...)

Well then! My biggest hopes go for Twintelle - DAT personality, seriously :sweetheart:

...but it would also be pretty cool to see Mechanica (cuz Tron Bonne archetype) and Lola Pop (cuz... she's basically a cooler version of MM8's Clown Man!)
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:46:59 pm by NDSilva
#1998  March 26, 2020, 09:17:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

I was thinking the same thing, like they could normalize the gameplay and just make all the different characters differnet skins, kind of like what was done for dragon quest hero.
#1999  March 27, 2020, 04:30:39 am
  • Was it something I said?
I was thinking the same thing, like they could normalize the gameplay and just make all the different characters differnet skins, kind of like what was done for dragon quest hero.

Or Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. If it comes to that, then I'd say the most popular characters are in or those who have the same structure (I mean, most of them do, besides Robo-Cop and Tron Bonne.)
#2000  March 28, 2020, 01:25:58 am
    • USA
This is pure speculation on my part, but it occurred to me that Ribbon Girl might be a likely candidate because Ultimate has set a precedent of characters used for Mii costumes being turned into fully playable characters.  Inkling, K. Rool, and Isabelle all had Mii fighter skins in Sm4sh (and IIRC they still do) before they were playable in Ultimate.
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:53:10 am by Person Man