YesNoOk

Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/New patch 3/21/2022) (Read 84128 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 23, 2022, 06:27:06 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/patch 2/28/2022)
#41  March 02, 2022, 06:10:44 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Nemuresu

Thank you, that means a lot! I really appreciate hearing stuff like this, it makes all the work worth it. Thanks for finding that Elle issue as well, bit of a rookie mistake on my part. I went back and forth so many times on which of her supers should be Offense or Defense, lol. And yeah, one of the two characters I'm adding will be from Mexico, so I may just take you up on that.

@PotS

I'm trying to stay on this one and make it better and you've helped a ton. I'll check out the layering issue and hopefully fix it for the next update.

@P-Chan

Thanks! :D

Download Last Bout now!
#42  March 05, 2022, 12:48:55 am
    • Chile
    • joao@utfpr.edu.br
Your game is extremely impressive!
Charismatic and interesting characters and great music!
I don't know yet if the characters have their own endings and story, but I'll finish the game to find out.
Just missing some fighting styles... Karate, Muay Thai... maybe a Ninjutsu... anyway, I hope there are many more characters and different styles planned for the future!
If you think about marketing the game by transferring it to a serious program, like Unity or Unreal, for sure this game would be successful on Steam and you would make money with it... think about it.
#43  March 05, 2022, 04:50:09 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Illian:
- Cancelling a sweep into Omnisphere makes P2 land on his feet. I checked and what you need to do is specify fall = 1 to all sweeps in the game
- For that matter, in most games of this type, fireballs make P2 fall if he was jumping (air.fall = 1). Mentioning it for the sake of mentioning it, because I'm not sure it fits here

Vidael:
- Her fast walk speed makes her feel a little slippery. Here's another universal mechanic you could use: add velset = 0, 0 to the basic states like you already did for attacks. Letting friction stop the characters always gives me a "Mugen" feeling instead of fighting game feeling, so to speak
- Light Hundred Needles sometimes feels too hard to perform, other times it feels too easy. It's weird. Also it should do exactly 100HP of damage ;P
- Her Crescent Moon Slash made me realize you generally give too much invulnerability to dragon punches, I think. It's enough to make it last up until (and including) the first active frame. EX versions can have more
- War of the Roses elbow hits could have the hit sparks repositioned a bit until you can see her face or so
- "Calcutter"... :sugoi:

Sasuke:
- Strong Style Catch might be more interesting if instead of catching standing or jumping attacks, it caught whatever hit the Clsn1. So a crouching attack that hits high would get caught, and so on. You'd just have to make the Clsn1 a bit smaller to balance that
- Light Rolling Koppou Kick feels a little too hard to space properly. Could recover a few frames faster
- Jumping Liger Bomb has inconsistent range. It seems intentional, but doesn't feel right

General:
- The snow flakes in Snowy Church fall in front of the Offensive bar but behind the Defensive bar. OCD comment hehe. I think it's the same problem as mentioned for Peaceful River
- I sort of kind of mentioned this in some other feedback, but I realized what's the problem now. Being used to other fighting games, it feels weird that you make cancellable attacks cancel to predetermined moves. It's usually cancellable normals can cancel into any specials/supers. Just thought I should mention it, because obviosuly your game doesn't need the same rules as other games
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:07:51 pm by PotS
#44  March 15, 2022, 11:29:57 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
BIG ASS UPDATE

Just put out a new Patch. Just like the last one, if you downloaded the game before today, March 15th, you'll need the patch, If you didn't, the main link is the most up to date game.

Here's the Change Log, and it's some BIG stuff:

FIXES CHANGES FOR 3/8/22 Update

GENERAL/EVERYONE

-Defense Bar will stay full in training mode. This works by checking the opponent's Offense Bar during the intro state, so if you hit Space Bar to fill them during the intros of a regular match, this will cause the Defense Bar to stay full in other modes too. Simply do not do that, lol. If this cause sproblems I might just remove it in a further update
-Fixed fall bug on all sweep attacks
-In game movelist added, press Start to access whenever your character has control
-Taunts/Ego Drives are now done with HP+HK ala SF3:TS
-Added Ego Drive indicator

ATLEIF

-Fixed issue that was preventing cancelling into God Bless the Ring during certain moves as intended
-Fixed issue where Atleif was doing damage with the Guard Break attack (it should only do damage if it hits a non-guarding opponent)
-Now easier to combo Cr.LK into Cr.HP
-St.LK now has more range, added 1f to startup, reduced recovery by 2f
-Genesis 2 travels further during windup
-Added non-dash version of Golden Cross called Shining Cross, uses QCB+P command
-Halo Hook is now done with QCB+K
-Adjusted several hitboxes
-Both normal versions of Holy Roller have 2f less startup
-Added "Holy" sound FX to some specials

BRYCE

-Adjusted vels on both normal versions of London Fire
-Great Fire will now blow through one hit of other projectiles (only he and Illian have projectiles anyway, lol)
-Lowered hittime of EX London Fire to prevent corner looping
-London Fire is now more visible on Wrestling Dojo stage

-ELLE

-Fixed issue with Maximum Overdrive not depleting both bars
-Added forgotten move to movelist, her dive kick Flowering Quince

ILLIAN

-Omnisphere now knocks down aerial opponents
-Fixed issue where Magnum Opus was giving back a small bit of power

QUAVON

-Cosmetic changes to a few animations and moves
-Fixed floating bug that happens when you cancel Trouble in Calgary into Five Moves of Doom

SASUKE

-Lowered recovery on LK Koppou Kick by 3f, HK version by 2f
-Fixed issue with Jumping Liger Bomb grab anim coming out too early
-Increased damage of Legendary Catch from 290 to 340
-Fixed bug where Strong Style Catch was only active for 5f instead of the intended 10f

SIEGE

-Fixed bug where P2 would sometimes be facing the wrong way when hit by Umbra
-Fixed floating bug when Ascia gets interrupted
-Chasma now causes crumple state when hitting a standing opponent. This is not for combo purposes but because the opponent was recovering too fast.
-If Chasma hits in the air the opponent is knocked further away horixontally. No matter which version, if Siege is too close to the opponent afterwards, she will dash away.

TRISTAN

-Rolling Thunder no longer completely invincible, can now be interrupted by crouching attacks

VIDAEL

-More invincibility at beginning of LK Waning Moon
-Reduced invincibility frames on both normal Crescent Moon Slashes
-Fixed issue with LP version of Hundred Needles (the raw one, not the Rose's Thorn followup)
-Clarified some things in her movelist within the Game Manual

ZICO

-Mountain Tackle now adds to the hit counter
-Fixed pseudo infinite involving his Silva Flash backfist during Blood Rage mode
-EX Superman Punch now hits overhead
-EX Mountain Tackle can now catch a falling opponent, reduced damage from 215 to 185 for balance

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/MAJOR patch 3/15/2022)
#45  March 16, 2022, 10:38:41 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
I think there's a movelist inconsistency with Saito. One of his moves is listed as QCB2xK when it's actually QCB2xP. I tried getting it out with K multiple times before I found out it was actually P. Either the command needs changing to match the movelist or the other way around, but that really threw me.

Other than that, really enjoying the update! Did an arcade run with Bryce some time ago, and I think he, Atleif and Quavon are becoming my favourites so far.
#46  March 16, 2022, 11:18:13 pm
    • Brazil
Good my friend. Your game is perfect. I follow his work and was looking forward to the release. I would like to ask a question: How do you create the picture frame (9000.1). What format do you save and have to index colors? I'm asking this because I saw that the image of the char is sharp and with vivid colors. When I do this in my project, it seems like it loses resolution/sharpness. I save in png normally, without indexing colors or saving in pcx.
#47  March 17, 2022, 11:24:24 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I think there's a movelist inconsistency with Saito. One of his moves is listed as QCB2xK when it's actually QCB2xP. I tried getting it out with K multiple times before I found out it was actually P. Either the command needs changing to match the movelist or the other way around, but that really threw me.

Other than that, really enjoying the update! Did an arcade run with Bryce some time ago, and I think he, Atleif and Quavon are becoming my favourites so far.

Ahhhh whoops, I will fix that and update it, thanks!

Good my friend. Your game is perfect. I follow his work and was looking forward to the release. I would like to ask a question: How do you create the picture frame (9000.1). What format do you save and have to index colors? I'm asking this because I saw that the image of the char is sharp and with vivid colors. When I do this in my project, it seems like it loses resolution/sharpness. I save in png normally, without indexing colors or saving in pcx.

Not really sure, I made the full character art with colors and everything, then sent them to Mordecool as .png files and he did the rest, so he may have done something to them.

Download Last Bout now!
#48  March 18, 2022, 07:13:14 pm
    • Brazil

Ahhhh whoops, I will fix that and update it, thanks!

Not really sure, I made the full character art with colors and everything, then sent them to Mordecool as .png files and he did the rest, so he may have done something to them.

Please @mordecool..
#49  March 19, 2022, 01:08:16 am
    • UK
So after mucking around in this game a bit more, I have some thoughts. Make of them what you will.

• Comboing feels really weird to me. I confess that I’m biased and prefer a “magic series” type of game or KoF-style combos, so this probably won’t mean anything coming from me. But outside of the usual LP/LK mashing, I gravitate to Bryce and Atleif because they have the closest to a “magic series” I can reliably use through their target combos. I understand the motivation behind limiting combos like this, but I keep resorting to a character’s target combos to start a combo. Is that intentionally part of the design, or am I just playing it wrong?
  • Speaking of combo starters, jump-ins and cross-ups don’t seem to really be a thing. Characters jump so high that it’s tough to time a jump-in correctly and I struggle to start a combo that way. Maybe a KoF-esque short hop would help in that regard?
  • I feel like it’s way too easy to turtle in the game. You have the guard breaker move on Z, sure, but that costs meter, and if you don’t have any then the AI can guard all it wants. I guess the fact that meter builds quickly negates this issue (and also you can just get free meter through Bryce’s Ego Drive), but it can get really frustrating sometimes.
  • On the subject of Bryce, I vaguely remember a preview where he had a high fireball as well as a low one. What happened to that one? I also remember you were trying to code in a “custom combo” Level 3 for him - I guess that got scrapped because it was too powerful or tricky to code?
  • I really wanna play Siege but I dunno what I’m doing, help D:

If any of what I just said is off-base, I apologise - it’s midnight for me and brain no workey. Kinda wish I’d partook in the beta testing beforehand now, but oh well :P
#50  March 19, 2022, 01:52:51 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
None of this is off-base at all, I appreciate the feedback. I'll address stuff in order:

• Yeah I just wanted to avoid long, flashy combos like in the SHADEs games. There are links but yes it's intentional that you should generally start with target combos.
  • I can consider adding in hops, but I also wouldn't mind reducing jump heights in genera (would def have to reduce everyone's height as well so they can be jumped over). For cross-ups, everyone has a jumping normal with clsns designed to make it a cross-up, but the jump timing might be the issue. EDIT: Actually I just discovered Atleif and Vidael don't, whoops EDIT EDIT: Vidael does have one, it's her jumping LK. Also I just read that Boxer intentionally has no crossup in SFV so it might be normal for a boxing character not to have one. Hmmmm
  • This is something I've heard from some others. I didn't do a Guard Meter in this game because I didn't want to clutter the screen and felt like the Guard Crushes, easy grabs, as well as mixups should be enough to deal with guarding opponents.
  • Yeah I just decided to keep him simple with the low fireball only. Being the only main roster member with a projectile, I didn't want to give him too many tools for balance reasons. And yeah, I basically gave up trying to code the CC super and went with the super version of the projectile. This may get added in a future update.
  • Well her normals chain, so a good BNB is just LP>HP>Glado x 2>Obsidio. Also the Dive kick followups to her diagonal teleport all leave plenty of time to start combos off of them. I've had one or two people tell me she's OP already but I want to keep her gameplay intact so she just may get her health or walk speed nerfed.

Thanks for this honest feedback man, I will look into some stuff and I hope you stick with the updates!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:06:29 am by Sean Altly
Re: Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/New patch 3/21/2022)
#51  March 21, 2022, 09:43:17 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated with another small patch, but it does make some major changes. Barring any big bugs or issues, this will be the last update for a while so I can focus on some commissions, as well as start working on the two "DLC" characters. Here's the change log:

FIXES/CHANGES FOR 3/21 Update

GENERAL/EVERYONE

-Added velset=0,0 to basic states to improve game feel
-Everyone's jumps are shorter now
-Adjusted everyone's height constant so they can be jumped over with the new jumping vels

BRYCE

-Adjusted J.LK hitboxes to make crossup a bit easier
-Adjusted hitbox on all versions of London Eye
-Can now cancel St.Lp to St.HK (won't combo but good for pressure)

ELLE

-Can now cancel Lilac Wing into her Offense Drive
-Fixed issue with EX Morning Glory adding to Offense Meter when it hits

SASUKE

-Fixed incorrect Legendary Catch command on the in-game movelist

ZICO

-Fixed issue where he was gaining a small amount of Offense Meter during his Offense Drive

Download Last Bout now!
#52  March 22, 2022, 12:37:44 am
    • UK
Damn it, I was too late to bring up another issue I found. One of Zico’s supers in the movelist has the same error as Sasuke’s - the command is listed as a kick when I believe it’s a punch.

Oh, well. I’ll download this update when I can and get back to enjoying the game. Looking forward to the DLC, but take your time on it! :)
#53  March 22, 2022, 04:10:47 pm
    • Portugal
It gets better and better with each update. I forgot to say this last time, but I love how you did throw escapes. And your solution for infinite meter in training is so simple it makes me feel stupid. :derp:

When you're more or less done with quality control, I think you should show this to other fighting game communities.

A few things for Elle:
- Morning Glory does not spend Ego Drive
- If you do Lilac Angel further than half screen or so, the hits will not combo between themselves
- Meadow Superstar retains invincibility in the recovery frames
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#54  March 23, 2022, 12:28:30 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Damn it, I was too late to bring up another issue I found. One of Zico’s supers in the movelist has the same error as Sasuke’s - the command is listed as a kick when I believe it’s a punch.

Oh, well. I’ll download this update when I can and get back to enjoying the game. Looking forward to the DLC, but take your time on it! :)

Yeah his super commands were completely wrong, that's what I get for working from a template and forgetting to change stuff, lol.

It gets better and better with each update. I forgot to say this last time, but I love how you did throw escapes. And your solution for infinite meter in training is so simple it makes me feel stupid. :derp:

When you're more or less done with quality control, I think you should show this to other fighting game communities.

A few things for Elle:
- Morning Glory does not spend Ego Drive
- If you do Lilac Angel further than half screen or so, the hits will not combo between themselves
- Meadow Superstar retains invincibility in the recovery frames

Thanks a ton, again it means a lot! This feedback helped me discover a weird issue that most people probably already knew but was news to me. This was the superpause code I had on that move:

[State 0, SuperPause]
type = SuperPause
trigger1 = animelem = 2
time = 30
anim = s6301
sound = S45,0
pos = 0,-100
movetime = 30
darken = 0
p2defmul = 1
poweradd = -1000
unhittable = 1

Well in the animation for the move, I forgot to put a clsn2 on the second frame (the paused frame). Because of this, it was making the next 30 ticks invincible. I figured this out when I removed the NotHitBy sctrl completely and her clsn2s were still turning green. I was totally baffled until I added clsn2s to the paused frame and it fixed it. Super weird.

Anyway, I updated the patch to fix these issues as well as Zico's movelist. Also, someone commented on a YT video that after they downloaded the newest version of the game, Illian's standing HK is not hitting at all. I am not having this issue and have downloaded the game and the patch to be thorough. Anyone else having this issue? Nevermind, they told me the newest patch doesn't have this issue so problem solved!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 05:34:55 am by Sean Altly
#55  April 22, 2022, 03:57:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Check out this awesome Tier List video that Boss Brown made for the game. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree with any of this. I will be working on another update for the game based on this.

If you don't want to watch the whole video, the list looks like this:

S - Siege, Illian
A - Zico, Quavon, Tristan
B - Bryce, Elle, Vidael, Atleif
C - Sasuke

Download Last Bout now!
#56  April 22, 2022, 09:57:41 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Sasuke needs buff capcom pls
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#57  April 22, 2022, 06:29:08 pm
    • Portugal
I don't know about the mid tiers because I haven't played it PvP, but I had the same gut feeling for Illian and Sasuke.

if you hit Space Bar to fill them during the intros of a regular match, this will cause the Defense Bar to stay full in other modes too. Simply do not do that, lol. If this cause sproblems I might just remove it in a further update
The other day I remembered that you could (and should) just distribute the game with the debug keys switched off.
#58  June 22, 2022, 05:08:43 am
    • USA
found a infinite/glitch with Atleif's ego drive. the j.HP causes a crumple but does not actually use up the ego drive which causes an infinite on Illian because he can re-jump into j.LK back into the j.HP